Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New(ish) Lynx deoderant can

Options
  • 02-04-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello, Is it just me or has anybody notice the following about the Lynx Deoderant range and their new (about 8 months old) cans: ____ 1) the pressure of the spray releases the contents of the can alot quicker then the older can ____2) 1 in 4 cans dont work due to the spray spraying inside the canI am in the market for a new deoderant at the minute because i am sick of this, i have 5 faulty Lynx cans, one of which even sprayed me in the eye... Hope others out there have experienced this and with to say their piece... Thanks Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Email the customer service dept. I did and they senet me €10 worth of vouchers.
    The new cans are **** BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

1 in 4 cans dont work due to the spray spraying inside the can

Noticed this too, but only on about 3 or 4 cans in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wow, news to me, we sell thousands of cans a week and I've never had any back.

I'll say it to the guy from unilevier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Wow, news to me, we sell thousands of cans a week and I've never had any back.

I'll say it to the guy from unilevier.

In all honestly how many people would bring a can of deodourant back to the retailer and complain it didnt last long enough?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Yup, found this happening, especially when the two for €4 banded packs were purchased. I used to leave both bottles on in the locker and would use them both, but when they were around two thirds used up, the spray decreased and the can became usuable. Nossles were shyte design IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

delllat wrote: »
    In all honestly how many people would bring a can of deodourant back to the retailer and complain it didnt last long enough?:rolleyes:

People used to bring them back to Tesco, and possibly still do but I haven't noticed it in a while.

Danno wrote: »
    Yup, found this happening, especially when the two for €4 banded packs were purchased.

I bought a twin pack in Heatons once, and it happened to both cans. Another time it was a discounted price for two in Tesco, though they weren't packed together, and one of these was faulty. I though that maybe Lynx were aware of the problem, and were flogging the dud ones off cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    People used to bring them back to Tesco, and possibly still do but I haven't noticed it in a while.

Haven't had any back since August 2008, Is the new design that says twist on the can?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

been using lynx for years never had any issues

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Is the new design that says twist on the can?

That's the one. I was thinking there must have been a batch of dodgy cans, and these were the ones they put into the twin packs, and sold on special offers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement