Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crop C&C

• 02-04-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Sunshine_by_superflyninja.jpg
    any cropping/general c&c on the above please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Is it cropped already from the bottom?

A little extra showing below the bridge and a lot taken from the top would make a nice panorama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

efla wrote: »
    Is it cropped already from the bottom?

A little extra showing below the bridge and a lot taken from the top would make a nice panorama
    fail!! nowt under the bridge.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Bellow the bridge would be nice to include, but if you haven't got it captured, maybe you can go back.

Whatever you do keep the masts and rigging.

You could cut in half, as a 2:1 panorama, or a vertical 1:2 with the right side cropped. The other option I see, is to keep the three people ,with one at either edge and come up far enough to include the mast and rigging.Then the few apartments also look like ships rigging. Black or brown border, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Theirs a bit too much nothing at the top imo. Just a slight crop from the top, like so?

76398.jpg

cheers. ive recropped. improvement with the borders?

Sunshine_ReCrop_by_superflyninja.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Looks far better than the original Patrick :)

kjt wrote: »
    Looks far better than the original Patrick :)
    sweet cheers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

I quite like the negative space on the uncropped version. It's a terrific image either way.

spav wrote: »
    I quite like the negative space on the uncropped version. It's a terrific image either way.

thats what i liked initially.thats why i put the bridge so low in the frame. but i yhink the cropped version does have more impact,

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

i really like that, could i ask how you achieved that effect?

• Advertisement

i really like that, could i ask how you achieved that effect?

shooting into the sun. I had the lens open to F4.5 and 1/125 second at 150mm

Advertisement