Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation and/or good place to sell comics?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, as I was doing a clean out of the attic I came across a box of comics and am wondering whether they are worth selling. They are mostly Marvel comics from the late 60's to mid 70's (X-men, Avengers, Spiderman, F4, etc.) that myself and my brothers collected back then. There are also a few 'Eerie' and 'Creepy' comics from the same era, and a few from some crowd called 'Warren Magazines' who I have never even heard of. Most are in good condition though not sealed in teflon or whatever comic book guy does to protect them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi gardenboy, you can have a look at this thread to get some ideas about the value of older comics and what they might be worth; as far as I understand it the rule of thumb is generally anything from later than the '60s or so is unlikely to be worth anything much. You may be able to find a collector who's interested in the material you're looking for, but more likely than not it'll take time and effort.

I know there's been a push of republishing Eerie and Creepy comics recently, so you might be able to capitalise on the renewed interest there, but again I don't know how easy it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gardenboy

Thanks Fysh:)

Advertisement