Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming soon to Meteor?

• 02-04-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals, does anybody here have an inside line on what phones will be arriving on these shores in the next few months as I'm coming up to upgrade time.

Using a W910i at the minute so will be looking for something of that ilk, maybe even something a step above. If the W995 were to arrive to Meteor I'd probably be willing to scrape together a few extra cents to make the jump.

As an aside, aGPS, how useful or otherwise is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

RtD wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals, does anybody here have an inside line on what phones will be arriving on these shores in the next few months as I'm coming up to upgrade time.

Using a W910i at the minute so will be looking for something of that ilk, maybe even something a step above. If the W995 were to arrive to Meteor I'd probably be willing to scrape together a few extra cents to make the jump.

As an aside, aGPS, how useful or otherwise is it?

Regarding your aside, A-GPS is extremely useful, as it reduces the time for your location to be found. It requires a data connection in order to do so, but it is worth it, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sonys are fairly crap for GPS, in my opinion. I had the C905. Lovely phone, but the GPS wasn't worth a damn. The Wayfinder software was brutal and awkward. Nokia Maps is fairly good, but any S60 device can install TomTom or Garmin software which is what you should be looking for if you want GPS in your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I would be amazed to see the W995 hit these shores this year especially on a network. SE can be extremely slow to release phones high end ones are the worst and we are usually the last the get them.
    You will most likely have to get it sim free online when its released and it will cost a pretty cent that way. Although i could be wrong ha.
    Well i want this phone a lot would love to see meteor get it before the rest of the networks to make up for the Nokia 5800 fiasco or should i say lack of lol.

Might just wait for the idou instead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Any word on the Nokia 5800 coming to Meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Apparently sometime in April or early May, from what my Nokia contacts tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

GPS is more of a use it once thrill and than never again. I suppose it's nice to have just in case you get lost. The maps I think are very handy. If I was to go to France and booked a hotel, it's handy to check out the area on the maps before you go over and see where local transport is, nearby resteraunts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I would be amazed to see the W995 hit these shores this year especially on a network. SE can be extremely slow to release phones high end ones are the worst and we are usually the last the get them.
    You will most likely have to get it sim free online when its released and it will cost a pretty cent that way. Although i could be wrong ha.
    Well i want this phone a lot would love to see meteor get it before the rest of the networks to make up for the Nokia 5800 fiasco or should i say lack of lol.

Might just wait for the idou instead ;)[/QUOTE

Advertisement