Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Carb Yoghurt??

• 02-04-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Im hoping someone can help me. I have recently lost a stone but can't shift the last half stone so have started the South Beach Diet which is basically no carbs at all for 2 weeks and reintroducing good carbs over time! However I am sick of having eggs every morning for breakfast. You are allowed yogurt but only low fat plain yoghurt. Most yoghurts in the supermarket are fruit which is not allowed and have a shocking amount of carbs in them! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Plain yoghurt is quite common in my local tesco, several brands of it. It is made from milk so even if made from low/skim milk it will have carbs. Usually 4-5% I think, and most people eat it in high weight doses. You hear them marketing milk as "low fat" on TV, "just 4%", as though you can compare it with other foods. I can down 1000g (1 litre) of milk in a few gulps, dunno what other food I could put away like that!

I would eat meats, once you get it out of your head that pigs are the only animal which can be eaten in the morning you can have a great variety of breakfasts.

Advertisement