Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2009 Boards.ie Draft (Picks thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

With my roster filling up quite nicely i feel its about time to introduce to you the man who will from round 10 be taking up the reigns and setting the wheels in motion for all of CBG's matches:

The King of Controversy!..

eric_bischoff.jpg

Eric Bischoff!

Some say without him, the attitude era would never have began.
    He fore fronted WCW and created a product which caused the almighty Vince McMahon had to up his game and was the only true competition that the WWF has ever had.

For this reason he makes a perfect contribution to my roster. :)

Oh, and did i mention he's tough enough to get into a ring and go toe to toe with whoever needs be? ;)

Roster so far:
    Commissioner Eric Bischoff
    Triple H,
    AJ Styles,
    Devon Dudley,
    Bubba-Ray Dudley,
    Matt Hardy,
    Lita,
    Bam Bam Bigelow,
    Mike Awesome,
    Test
    Stacy Keibler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My next pick:

The Original Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama.

Junior%2001.jpg

Here we are on the eighth round of this draw and already large proportion of the picks made so far have been smaller, junior style wrestlers, yet no-one thought to pick the greatest of the all? If I wasn't so delighted to have secured this guy I'd be appalled.

Its difficult to put into words just how good this guy was. Over 20 years ago he was pulling off moves and putting on matches the likes of which the world had never seen before. he was a genuine innovator and its its no exaggeration to say that if it hadn't been for Sayama there would now be no Dragon gate, no ROH, no TNA X-Division and indeed no Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart. It was Sayama who broke the mould of the larger well built wrestler and his footprint is still seen in every Junior match that happens to this very day. He was so good that stuff he was doing 25 years ago would still be absolutely stunning if performed today with the regularity, accuracy, smoothness and reliability that he managed all those years ago. Not only was he sensational to watch, he rarely botched his stuff.

The greatest compliment that can be paid to him comes from the great Dynamite Kid who regarded him as his finest opponent. Their matches are easily the finest Junior feud in the history of wrestling. Dynamite even went so far to comment in his book that Tiger Mask II, Mitsuharu Misawa, (himself a God of professional wrestling) wasn't half the worker that Sayama was. Even Vince McMahon was said to be absolutely stunned after seeing his match with Dynamite in MSG in 1985 and called it the greatest match he had ever seen. Pretty stunning praise, especially considering the big man fetish he had back in the day.

Sayama is a legitimate tough guy as well as evidenced by his showings in UWFi. Hes not a guy to be messed with, despite his stature.

In terms of drawing power and popularity, TM is unique amongst Junior wrestlers as being a genuine draw. He was commonly booked in the main event of New Japan shows and such was his uniqueness that people literally flocked to see him. Its safe to say that booking ihim on my card will definitely add to international interest from the far side of the world, especially considering the match I have in mind for him. Dave Meltzer names him and Liger as the two most influential Junior Heavyweights in Japanese history. Given that Liger would never have even made it was a wrestler if TM hadn't paved the way before him, its easy to see what a huge name he is.

TM is an icon in not just Japanese wrestling but Japanese culture as a whole. The original gimmick was based on a hugely popular Japanese anime cartoon and literally everyone on Japan, male or female, of any age knows who Tiger Mask is. Its difficult to overestimate just how much of a coup it is to have booked him. Even a Western audience that had never heard of him would soon be captivated by his spectcular skills and in-ring charisma.

So there you have it, I give you the legend, the icon, the greatest high flyer of all time, Tiger Mask.

If you've never seen this fella before, feast your eyes on this absolute classic and see what you've been missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDPl3cZ8IlQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

My Next Pick: Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

15.jpg

Bio:

Billed height 6 ft. 3 in. (191 cm)

Billed weight 273 lb. (124 kg)

Born April 21, 1957 (1957-04-21) (age 52)

Tampa, Florida

Resides Boston, Massachusetts

Billed from San Francisco, California

Parts Unknown

Trained by Hulk Hogan

Ivan Koloff
    Debut 1977

Championships:

* Southeastern Championship Wrestling
    o NWA Southeastern Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Ken Lucas (2) and Robert Fuller (1)

* World Wrestling Federation
    o WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Greg Valentine

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI ranked him # 173 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
    o PWI ranked him # 94 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with Greg Valentine in 2003.

Brutus's Titantron:

The Hogan return and the Mega Maniacs UNITE( lol check out Mean Gene)

Brutus's Barbershop ( Shawn Michaels Heel Turn)

Roster:

Randy Orton
    Sabu
    Bobby Lashley
    Masato Tanaka
    Natural Disasters
    Tajiri
    Brutus Beefcake w/Jimmy Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Time to get hardcore on your asses...

tt-hollys01st-2.jpg

For my Round 8 pick I'm going to go for a tag team that knows all about the world of hardcore, I introduce to you former tag team champions The Hollys!

I think this pick represents good value at this stage in the game. Both of these guys were good workers who had memorable careers in the WWE.

Bob Holly aka Hardcore Holly was a genuine tough guy who helped push the WWE's hardcore era when it was in its heyday during the Attitude Era. Here's a vid which some of you may recall when he got a really nasty gash in an ECW match with RVD, yet continued to battle on:

Crash Holly meanwhile was the more charismatic of the two and is perhaps best remembered for his brilliant run as the Hardcore Champion who defended the title under 24/7 rules. Here's a funny reminder of some of those days:

As a tag team they won the titles off The Rock N' Sock Connection having a brief reign. They would team up on and off over the next couple of years but they never held the belts as a duo again.

Here is footage of them having a short match against the Hardys in 1999:

The main reasons I've gone for these two guys is to continue my brand's theme of edgy, Attitude era-style picks and also for the fact that I think the interaction that Crash and Santino could have with one another (throw in Beth into the mix as well) and you can see where I'm going with this. My previous pick of Hurricane and Rosey was also with a view of having entertaining guys on my show.

Overall I'm really happy with the way my brand is shaping up.

MNG roster

Round 1 pick: The Rock
    Round 2 pick: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
    Round 3 pick: The Big Show
    Round 4 pick: Santino Marella & Beth Phoenix
    Round 5 pick: Shane McMahon
    Round 6 pick: Muhammad Hassan
    Round 7 pick: Hurricane & Rosey
    Round 8 pick: The Holly Cousins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black

53511142.jpg

Write-up to follow

Current roster:

Steve Austin
    Brian Pillman
    Kenta Kobashi
    Gail Kim
    Molly Holly
    Yuli Nagata
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Magnum TA
    Brad Armstrong
    Lance Cade
    Trevor Murdoch
    Jimmy Jacobs
    Tyler Black

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My next pick is the single best talent to come out of the UK since the Dynamite Kid. He can put amazing matches together with whomever, has a judo background, he aint half decorated and is my latest pick. I give you The Anarchist, Doug Williams

doug.jpg

Achievements
    Martial arts

* Judo
    o British Judo Championship at 72 kg weight class (1992)[25]

[edit] Professional wrestling

* 3 Count Wrestling
    o 3CW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[26]

* All-Star Wrestling
    o ASW British Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o ASW Middle Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o ASW People's Championship (1 time)

* Athletik Club Wrestling
    o ACW World Wrestling Championship (1 time)[27][28]

* European Wrestling Associaition
    * EWA Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[29]

* European Wrestling Promotion
    o EWP Submission Shoot Championship (1 time)[30]
    o EWP Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

* Frontier Wrestling Alliance
    o FWA British Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[31]

* German Wrestling Promotion
    o GWP WrestlingCorner.de Championship (1 time, current)[32]

* International Catch Wrestling Alliance
    o ICWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[33]

* NWA UK Hammerlock
    o NWA Hammerlock Survivor Series Tournament (1996, 1997)
    o NWA Hammerlock King of the Ring (1998)

* Premier Wrestling Federation
    o PWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)[25]
    o PWF Mid-Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)[25]
    o Worthing Trophy (2002–2004, 2006)[34][35]
    o PWF Wrestler of the Year (2002–2004, 2006, 2007)[25]

o PWI ranked him # 92 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in 2002

* Pro Wrestling Noah
    o GHC Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Scorpio

* Ring of Honor
    o ROH Pure Championship (1 time)

* The Wrestling Alliance
    o Universal British Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o TWA British Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[36]
    o TWA European Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o TWA British Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Robbie Brookside

* Triple X Wrestling
    o TXW Crush Championship (1 time)

* Ultimate Wrestling Alliance
    o UWA Championship (1 time)

* Westside Xtreme Wrestling
    o wXw Tag Team Championship (1 time, current) - with Martin Stone

He is completely in tune with the rest of my roster, and there is a number of options on how to use him.

Roster
    1. Murder City Machine Guns
    2. CM Punk
    3. KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji
    4. Low Ki
    5. The Brian Kendrick
    6. Homicide
    7. Tomko & Giant Bernard
    8. "The Anarchist" Doug Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

On behalf of the SEWF, I hereby draft the brother and sister combination of
    "The Ripper" Paul Burchill
    j5fan29m.jpg

and

Katie Lea Burchill
    katie-lea-burchill-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've gone a different direction with this pick as opposed to my mistake. It's my GM =]

Daddy's Little Princess, Stephanie McMahon. Here's a video for all you lads at home on your own hehe

o PWI Woman of the Year (2000)[74]
              o PWI Feud of the Year, versus Eric Bischoff (2002)[75]

* World Wrestling Federation
              o WWF Women's Championship (1 time)[76]
              o Winner of the "Shut up and Kiss Me" Award at the Raw X Anniversary show (with Triple H)

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
              o Worst Non-Wrestling Personality (2001–2003)

[edit] Notes

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I picked this team because i think individually the two guys have a lot to offer my roster. One of them is one half of one of the greatest tag teams ever, a former intercontinental champion and whenever he makes one of his guest appearances his ring work still impresses.

The other adds a hardcore element to my to my group and has always made me giggle with some of his out of ring antics

I give you

The New Rockers

01-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

AMAZING RED

2141424690089075537wMAYXr_ph.jpg

An amazing high-flyer and former tag-team champion with Jerry Lynn (also on my roster) and a welcome addition to my X-dicision, which is shaping up nicely in my opinion :)

Nice match between him and Jimy Yang (also on my roster) demonstrating the potential for the guys on my roster working together:

Current roster:

Bret Hart
    Samoa Joe
    John Morrison
    The Miz
    Billy Kidman
    Paul London
    Jerry Lynn
    Jimmy Yang
    Sonny Siake
    Jorge Estrada
    Amazing Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Roster: Shawn Michaels, Christopher Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr., Jeff Jarrett, Evan Bourne, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Natalya Neidhart and introducing…..
    Angelina Love & Velvet Sky

PicforLiam-2.jpg
    “The Beautiful People”

Angelina Love & Velvet Sky, better known as The Beautiful People, are two of the best female heels in TNA today. Then tend to cause a stir backstage as well as in the ring. They have proven their in-ring skill in many organisations and have many title reigns between the two of them to show for it. They certainly have a shared passion for the business and work well together.
    TBP.gif

Titles and Accomplishments:
    Angelina Love:
    Impact Wrestling Federation
    IWF Manager of the Year (2000)

Old School Pro Wrestling
    OSPW Women's Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI ranked her # 16 of the best 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2008.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    TNA Women's Knockout Championship (1 time, current)

Velvet Sky:
    Defiant Pro Wrestling
    DPW Women's Championship (1 time)

Georgia Wrestling Alliance
    GWA Ladies Championship (1 time)

PWI ranked her #23 of the best 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2008

Women's Extreme Wrestling
    WEW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    WEW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with April Hunter and Tiffany Madison

World Xtreme Wrestling
    WXW Women's Championship (1 time)

Other titles
    UWA Women's Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ariel

The following pick is on behalf of MuffDaddy in accordance with his wishes...
    Stevie Richards and Val Venus. I don't have any photographic evidence of them actually teaming - but they did team together against No Mercy 2000.

StevieRichards2.jpg

val-venis.jpg

MuffDadddy roster so far:

Roster So Far:
    1. Mick Foley
    2. Rob Van Dam
    3. The New Age Outlaws
    4. Tazz
    5. Raven
    6. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire
    7. Paul Orndorff
    8. Steven Richards and Val Venis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I think these days it's safe to say Pro Wrestling is as much about what happens outside the ring than in it, hell even more so. With that in mind my next draft is 3 time PWI Manager of the Year, and multiple Wrestling Observer award winner. 12 times Manager of the Year, 5 times Best on Interviews, 3 times Best Booker and a Best Non-Wrestler award to top that large cake.

Still curious? Then watch this.

A versatile guy I can use in a few roles and always entertaining, it's great to have ya on board, Jim.

Roster so far
    Undertaker
    Ted DiBiase
    Mike Rotondo
    Jushin Liger
    The Great Muta
    Tito Santana
    Virgil
    Ultimo Dragon
    Dragon Kid
    David Von Erich
    Kevin Von Erich
    Jim Cornette

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My next pick is another team
    Kiyoshicopy.jpg

&
    bashir.jpg
    * Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    o TNA X Division Championship (1 time)[29]
    * Other titles
    o AMW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o MAPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o MIAW Lightweight Championship (1 time)
    o NEO-PRO Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)

1st pick = Edge
    2nd pick = Jeff Hardy
    3rd pick = Beer Money INC
    4th pick = Mr.Kennedy
    5th pick = Hernandez
    6th pick = Lethal Consequences
    7th pick = Jack Swagger
    8th pick = Kiyoshi & Sheik Abdul Bashir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As I've mentioned in the General Discussion Thread, I've neglected my tag-team division in recent rounds, and thought I may have blown it a bit as I saw many go by the wayside. I already have, quite possibly, the best tag-team in the world today, and I just needed a team to complement them, and is able to garner the necessary heat to get the crowd to care. After a bit of thinking though, I had an idea. I give you....
    The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers

RougeauBrosMicros.gif

A team who have had notable feuds down the years with the likes of the Hart Foundation, the British Bulldogs and the Rockers, Jacques and Raymond Rougeau more then held their own as a top-tag team in the WWE. A bit like the Rockers, they have a tag-team championship win over the Hart Foundation that was never recognised. In this instance, their use of Jimmy Hart's megaphone cause the decision to be reversed.

I'm delighted with this pick. They can work, and their heel gimmick is one that I hope to utilise effectively in my promotion as they feud with the effervescent, exciting Briscoes. It's a feud I can't wait to book, and a match I would look forward to seeing. I believe it's a feud that could capture the imagination of the public, and is a worthy addition to my undercard.
    Team Slick
    Sting
    Arn Anderson
    Tully Blanchard
    Barry Windham
    Jay Briscoe
    Mark Briscoe
    Austin Aries
    Ken Shamrock
    Rodney 'Yokozuna' Anoa'i
    Jacques Rougeau
    Raymond Rougeau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Looking over my roster, I realised a few of my roster could benefit from a manager. But who?

Well ... I answered myself ... who better than the person many consider the greatest wrestler of all time? A man who has cut some of the greatest promos of all time.
    That man is Ric Flair.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

35.jpg

As I am including him in my roster as a manager I won't list all his accomplishments and achievements, instead I will quote wikipedia and list some of the wrestlers he has managed:
    * Wrestlers managed
    o David Flair
    o Triple H
    o Batista
    o Randy Orton
    o The Big Show
    o Carlito
    o Stone Cold Steve Austin
    o Reid Flair

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

for my 8th round draft I have decided to go for Someone i had no intention of picking until half way through this round when his name got added to my list, a former NWA champion, a real monster who will go to great lenghts to have a interestiing match and a man who really fits my plans atm, I give you....
    BWA 7th round draft: Abyss

Abyss_3.png

BWA Roster Rd 7
    The british Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
    The Dynamite Kid
    Bryan Danielson
    Big Van Vader
    Steve Corino
    Abyss
    One Man Gang
    Big Boss Man
    Carlito Colon
    Trish Stratus
    Awesome Kong
    Aja Kong

Right everyone once again we went through a round very quickly and now we just await Mr Guappa to finish off Round 8. Round 9 is our most glamourous round ever - a Celebrity Round! Here is a rundown of the stipulations for this part of the game:
    If you are drafting a wrestler
    - Normal rules apply.

If you are drafting a celebrity
    - He/she must have appeared in WWF/E, WCW, TNA, ECW (original), ROH or NWA on either TV, PPV or a houseshow (some common sense rulings may need to be made case-by-case).
    - You cannot draft 'tag team' celebrities. Bands are allowed, but band members cannot wrestle on you card.

You don't have to draft a celebrity if you don't want to but this is the only chance you will have in the game to snap one up.

The next round, Round 10, will give participants the option of pre-1975 picks as well as wrestlers from abandoned rosters.

Hope that's clear for everyone. If you have any questions post them in the discussion thread. If you have queries which you'd like to remain private, send on a PM to Minto or myself.

OK with that out of the way here is the draw for the next round:

Round 9 Draw (Celebrity Round):

1. SlickRic
    2. BountyHunter
    3. Mr. Nice Guy
    4. Jolt2007
    5. Jayhaitch2
    6. Chong
    7. Voltwad
    8. Furious-Red
    9. Comic-Book-Guy
    10. Mr. Guappa
    11. Minto
    12. Orestes
    13. Cactus Col
    14. Fozzy
    15. MuffDaddy
    16. RebelRockChick
    17. flahavaj
    18. gimmick
    19. Bubs101

There you have it, folks. Mr. Guappa will pick to finish off Round 8 and then SlickRic will kick things off for us in Round 9. Get the red carpet out. Happy pickings. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

RIKISHI & SCOTTY 2 HOTTY

rikishi.jpgscotty2hotty.jpg

These 2 guys give me a lot of options for the layout of my card. Rikishi could be put into a top-line feud, with Scotty forming part of a cruiserweight division, or they can be part of my tag team division also. They can create lots of good comedy moments in my midcard and are a good value pick at this stage of the draft.

RIKISHI:
    Power Pro Wrestling
    PPW Heavyweight Champion
    Revolucion Lucha Libre
    Campeonato Nacional Absoluto
    Universal Wrestling Association
    UWA World Trios Champion - with Kokina Maximus & The Samoan Savage
    World Class Wrestling Association
    WCWA Texas Tag Team Champion - with Samu
    WCWA World Tag Team Champion - with Samu (3)
    World Wrestling Council
    WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champion -with Samu
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Intercontinental Champion
    WWE Tag Team Champion - with Scotty 2 Hotty
    World Tag Team Champion - with Samu (1) & Rico (1)

SCOTTY 2 HOTTY:
    Eastern Pro Wrestling
    EPW Heavyweight Champion
    EPW Tag Team Champion
    New England Wrestling Association
    NEWA Heavyweight Champion (5)
    NEWA Tag Team Champion - with Steve Ramsey (2)
    WWE Tag Team Champion - with Rikishi
    WWF Tag Team Champion - with Grandmaster Sexay
    WWF Light Heavyweight Champion

ROSTER:
    Goldberg
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    Kerry von Erich
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Umaga
    Sid Vicious
    Nigel McGuinness
    Rikishi
    Scotty 2 Hotty

thank you, thank you, thank you. I had resigned myself in my head to a high number this round so I had alternative scenarios for more obscure celebrities thought out. but I am delighted to have my number one pick.

my celebrity pick is none other than....
    'Iron' Mike Tyson

mike-tyson.jpg
    Eric Bischoff coined the phrase (I think) 'Controversy Creates Cash'. It was made for this man. During the 90's, all you needed to do was mention this man's name, and people would immediately take notice. He's a lunatic. He's an enigma. He's brutally savage. He also happens to be one of the greatest boxers of all time, and the youngest Heavyweight Champion of all time.

This man will put bums in seats, and on top of that, I think I have a plan for him that will suit him down to the ground and have people sit up and take notice. People will want to pay money to see this man, and the culmination of the story he will be involved in.

He was part of the Wrestlemania main event storyline in 1998, where he was part of DX for a time, before turning on Shawn and becoming a member of Stone Cold University. And then that punch on Shawn....

So, I give you the Baddest Man On The Planet!
    Team Slick

Sting
    Arn Anderson
    Tully Blanchard
    Barry Windham
    Jay Briscoe
    Mark Briscoe
    Austin Aries
    Ken Shamrock
    Rodney 'Yokozuna' Anoa'i
    Jacques Rougeau
    Raymond Rougeau
    Mike Tyson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mmm Mike Tyson was a good boxer but has there been better?

Screw John Cena...The Champ is here!
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" my 9th draft pick is Muhammad Ali

muhammad_ali_versus_sonny_liston1.jpg

In 1999, Ali was crowned "Sportsman of the Century" by Sports Illustrated and "Sports Personality of the Century" by the BBC. Simply put he was the greatest. I dont know if any Sportsman was better than him on the mic ever but tbh i seriously doubt it.

Here he is in an interview after recieving an athlete of the decade award.

BWA Roster Rd 9
    Muhammad Ali
    The british Bulldog Davey Boy Smith
    The Dynamite Kid
    Bryan Danielson
    Big Van Vader
    Steve Corino
    Abyss
    One Man Gang
    Big Boss Man
    Carlito Colon
    Trish Stratus
    Awesome Kong
    Aja Kong

"I pity the fool!"

mr_t.jpg

I'm delighted to be able to get my first choice pick in this round because I felt if I was to get a celebrity it needed to be someone who could play a babyface. The person I'm picking is one of the most notable celebrity babyfaces in wrestling history. The guy who headlined the first Wrestlemania alongside Hulk Hogan against Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff, the guy who a year later faced off against Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania II, ladies and gentlemen a man who needs no introduction...Mr. T!

Mr. T, star of the A-Team, was a true icon of the eighties who was also able to make Rocky Balboa meet his friend pain! A larger-than-life character he will fit in beautifully on my roster. I already know what I'm going to do with T but I'll keep that under wraps for now. The interactions he could have with guys on my roster would be off the charts hilarious. Santino and Mr. T, Hurricane and Mr. T, not to mention...The Rock and Mr. T. I pity the fool who can't dig that!

Here's T and Hogan making their entrance at the first ever Wrestlemania...

And just for fun here's Mr. T reminding everyone to treat their mother right.

MNG roster

Round 1 pick: The Rock
    Round 2 pick: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
    Round 3 pick: The Big Show
    Round 4 pick: Santino Marella & Beth Phoenix
    Round 5 pick: Shane McMahon
    Round 6 pick: Muhammad Hassan
    Round 7 pick: Hurricane & Rosey
    Round 8 pick: The Holly Cousins
    Round 9 pick: Mr. T

If Ya
    Sssssmmmmmmeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll
    What Barack Is Cookin'

barack-obama-21232458043.jpg

Roster so far
    Undertaker
    Ted DiBiase
    Mike Rotondo
    Jushin Liger
    The Great Muta
    Tito Santana
    Virgil
    Ultimo Dragon
    Dragon Kid
    David Von Erich
    Kevin Von Erich
    Jim Cornette
    Barack Obama

When I got such a good draw for this round I considered changing my pick. But then after Muhammed Ali everyone else seemed to pale into insignifance...accept for my original pick.

I have a gimmick match that i wanted to put this guy in. I think it'll be perfect for her, and even though his last appearance didn't really draw, i think the merchandise opportunities alone are worth his inclusion.She'll appeal to the aisian market also.

She's not great on the mike so I might need to get her a manager.

A true definition of a monster
    Hailing from Japan
    Standing at between 50 and 100 meteres tall
    Weighing from between 20,000 and 60,000 tonnes

GODZILLA!!!!!

My Next Pick: Mickey Rourke or Randy The Ram Robinson

mickey-rourke-the-wrestler.jpg

The ideal pick to have , he has the physique he has the training, he was a boxer, so happy with this celeb pick.

Wrestling Background:

In 2008, Mickey played the lead in The Wrestler, winner of the Golden Lion Award for Best Film at the Venice Film Festival, about washed-up professional wrestler Randy "The Ram" Robinson. He trained under former WWE wrestler Afa the Wild Samoan for the part, and has received a British Academy (BAFTA) award, a Golden Globe award, an Independent Spirit Award, and an Oscar nomination as Best Actor. Rourke was pessimistic about his chances to win the Oscar as he had been, in the past, very vocal against Hollywood's establishment.[20] Rourke lost the Oscar to Sean Penn, while Penn did acknowledge Rourke in his acceptance speech.

Rourke has written or co-written six scripts: Homeboy, The Last Ride, Bullet, Killer Moon, Penance and the latest, Pain. Of these, the first three were produced as movies between 1988 and 1996.

In early 2009, Rourke developed a small feud with WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, as part of a storyline. The storyline climaxed at WrestleMania XXV, when Rourke knocked out Jericho with a left hook after Jericho won his match against Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, and Roddy Piper, with Ric Flair in their corner.

Some vids:

Firstly I thought Id set the scene with the title track for the movie by the boss:

Rourke Vs Jericho

Mickey Rourke Boxing Interview:

oster:

Randy Orton
    Sabu
    Bobby Lashley
    Masato Tanaka
    Natural Disasters
    Tajiri
    Brutus Beefcake
    Mickey Rourke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lawrence Taylor has the claim to fame of headlining Wrestlemania XI in a match against Bam Bam Bigalow. Although this has been deemed the poores WM to date, he performed surprisingly well for a non-wrestler, boasting a powerful clothesline. How I will use him is not yet determined but it should make for good writing.

lt.jpg

My next pick is Pamela Anderson
    00221917eae80aa319dd2d.jpg

FLOYD MAYWEATHER

Mayweather+v+Hatton+Weigh+In+8Bqt_QRaUQLl.jpg

This guy was always my 1st choice once a celebrity round was announced, so I'm delighted to be able to pick him at number 9. He is a natural heel who unlike many celebrities before him looked perfectly comfortable and confident in the worked environment of pro wrestling. A huge draw who I have a nice storyline in mind for.

ROSTER
    Goldberg
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    Kerry Von Erich
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Umaga
    Sid Vicious
    Nigel McGuinness
    Rikishi
    Scotty 2 Hotty
    Floyd Mayweather

NWL's celebrity draft pick is a man of many great characters. He is the insane Denny Crane and also the iconic James T. Kirk. I give you...
    William Shatner
    williamshatner_narrowweb__300x436,0.jpg

Shatner is friends with Jerry "The King" Lawler and inducted him into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.

• Advertisement

TITO ORTIZ

Write up to follow

It gives me great pleasure to add to my roster one of the most controversial people of the last decade. A man despised around the world as much as he is adored within his own.

I give you the 43rd President of the United States of America

GEORGE W. BUSH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Frank Shamrock

frankshamrockbelts.jpg

The first ever UFC lightheavyweight champion, Frank Shamrock is probably best known around these parts as being Ken's adopted brother. But Frank is such a perfect fit for pro wrestling that I had to pick him

He was seen at Wrestlemania this year as a guest of Mickey Rourke's

Frank is a tremendous promo guy. He is well known in MMA circles for being one of the best at drumming up interest in his fights. For the last few years he has been on a higher base salary than any UFC fighter, a sign of just how good he is at bringing in the money for his employers, Strikeforce. He's the sort of guy who you either love or hate. I can use him as a manager, as a commissioner/GM, or I can have him step into the ring to settle a score

Frank was initially a very skilled ground fighter. He changed his focus to stand-up fighting when he realised that fans got less bored with stand-up fighting than they did with stuff on the ground. That has been part of his philosophy, to win if he can but to always have an entertaining fight. It's a mentality that very much fits in with pro wrestling

A highlight video of Frank:

A short example of Frank's promo skills:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

My Celebrity pick is Arnold Schwarzenegger

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator_oYhQgb1wvZAy.jpg

Bodybuilder, Actor and Politician - Schwarzenegger ticks mosts of the boxes of what it takes to be a wrestler - as well as being one of the biggest names on the planet.

Oh, and he can hold his own against some of the best in the buisness :D

Roster so far:
    1. Mick Foley
    2. Rob Van Dam
    3. The New Age Outlaws
    4. Tazz
    5. Raven
    6. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire
    7. Paul Orndorff
    8. Stevie Richards and Val Venis
    9. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Roster: Shawn Michaels, Christopher Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr., Jeff Jarrett, Evan Bourne, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Natalya Neidhart, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky and introducing…..
    Jenny McCarthy

Jenny_McCarthy.jpg

Jenny McCarthy is a model, comedian, actress, author, and activist. She has appeared in WWE, not once but twice, making an appearance at Wrestlemania XI and at a Saturday Night Main Event show last August. WWE and Jenny teamed up last year to support the organisation, Generation Rescue, in the fight against autism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ladies and gentleman, I am delighted and proud to present to you my celebrity choice and an acquisition that uis sure to shake the entire draft to its very foundations:
    Mr Ted Turner!

Time-Ted%20Turner.jpg

I think theres very little that I need to say to emphasise just what an incredible signing Mr Turner is. For those who’ve been living under a rock for the last decade, it was Ted Turner who purchased Jim Crockett Promotions back in the 80’s, turned it into WCW and it was his dollars that were used to turn WCW into the ratings monster that came within inches of putting Vince Mc Mahon out of business.

Basically I have secured a feud that for the first time in the history of professional wrestling will finally put the two millionaires who funded and masterminded the Monday night Wars face to face in an on-screen wrestling environment. It is a feud that writes itself, a direct feud that has never been explored before by a wrestling company and a feud that cannot be matched by any other roster in this competition in terms of its drawing power, ability to create mainstream news interest and put bums in seats. Unlike many of the other celebrities who have been drafted such as boxers and former presidents, the fued in which he is booked will be believable, won’t appear in any way forced and will have more than a healthy dose of real-life ill feeling involved.

Ted Turner is a household name to the average American. Between his busines exploits in purchasing and developing TV networks CNN and TNT (indeed he revolutionised cable television in the states), his outspoken views on environmental issues (inclusding quite bizarrely creating the Captain Planet character!), regular controversial and opinionated appearances on economic, news shows and chat shows and even being parodied on cult TV shows like the Simpsons and Family Guy, he is recognised by every man, woman and child in the US and he lends serious credibility to my roster. His chequered personal history as a heavy drinker and his topsy-turvy marriages have only served to increase his public profile and notoriety and lets face it, in this business, theres no such thing as bad publicity, as I’m sure Mr McMahon would agree!

Turner himself is life-long wrestling fan and thus will be well acquainted with what the wrestling business expects and demands of him in an on-screen role. The same cannot be said for the majority of celebrities who enter the wrestling business with an apparent complete lack of insight or even interest in what the business involves. He is a naturally brilliant public speaker and the thought of him cutting an impassioned, from the heart (or indeed slightly inebriated) promo on the man he bnearly rean out of business and inded the thought of Vince McMahon’s response will have viewers tuning into my show in their millions.

So there you have it folks, the biggest, most money-spinning and best feud of the game has been set in stone. Business just picked up!

Below is a youtube link to a rare on-screen appearance on WWF TV
    for anyone who's a stickler for the rules, although he has also been referenced on WCW TV many times (Jericho springs to mind) and parodied on WWF TV by DX amongst others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scmdmZWHfyw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

For those of you who couldn't be bothered going to the front of the page. Here is the current list of who's been picked, as of flahavaj's pick just now.

Currently drafted
    Bubs101: Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Mistico, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Art Barr, Johnny Ace, Steve Williams

Fozzy: Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Kenta Kobashi, Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata, Magnum TA, Brad Armstrong, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Frank Shamrock

Rebel Rock Chick: Shawn Michaels, Chris Daniels, Ted DiBiase Jr, Cody Rhodes, Jeff Jarrett, Evan Bourne, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Natalya, Angelina Love, Velvet Skye, Jenny McCarthy

Minto: Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, William Regal, MVP, JBL, Ron Simmons, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Sara Del Rey, Chris Hero, Paul Burchill, Katie Lea Burchill, William Shatner

Mr. Nice Guy: The Rock, Jake Roberts, Big Show, Beth Phoenix, Santino Marella, Shane McMahon, Muhammad Hassan, Shane Helms, Rosey, Hardcore Holly, Crash Holly, Mr T.

orestes: Bret Hart, Samoa Joe, John Morrison, The Miz, Paul London, Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Yang, Sonny Siake, Jorge Estrada, Amazing Red, Tito Ortiz

Cactus Col: Kurt Angle, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Batista, Kevin Nash, Sgt Slaughter, Sandman, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Ric Flair, George W. Bush

Jolt2007: The Undertaker, Ted DiBiase, Mike Rotondo, Jushin Liger, The Great Muta, Tito Santana, Virgil, Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid, Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich, Jim Cornette, Barack Obama

Voltwad: John Cena, Kane, Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge, Shelton Benjamin, The Godfather, Bull Buchanan, Candice Michelle, Victoria, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Sags, Stephanie McMahon, Lawrence Taylor

MuffDaddy: Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Tazz, Raven, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, Paul Orndorff, Val Venis, Stevie Richards, Arnold Schwarzenegger

SlickRic: Sting, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Austin Aries, Ken Shamrock, Yokozuna, Jacques Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau, Mike Tyson

gimmick: Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, CM Punk, KENTA, Naomichi Marufuji, Lo Ki, Brian Kendrick, Homicide, Travis Tomko, Giant Bernard, Doug Williams

Chong: Randy Orton, Sabu, Bobby Lashley, Masato Tanaka, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Earthquake, Typhoon, Tajiri, Rhino, Brutus Beefcake, Mickey Rourke

Furious-Red: Edge, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Ken Kennedy, Hernandez, Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal, Jack Swagger, Kiyoshi, Sheik Abdul Bashir, Pamela Anderson

Mr. Guappa: Goldberg, Rick Rude, Kerry Von Erich, Mitsuharu Misawa, Mr Guappa, Sid Vicious, Nigel McGuinness, Rikishi, Scott Taylor, Floyd Mayweather

Flahavaj: Eddie Guerrero, Ricky Steamboat, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Vince McMahon, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, Barry Darsow, Satoru Sayama, Ted Turner

Bounty Hunter: Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Bryan Danielson, Vader, Trish Stratus, Carlito, Aja Kong, Awesome Kong, Steve Corino, Big Boss Man, Akeem, Abyss, Muhammad Ali

jayhaitch2: Mr Perfect, Chris Benoit, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Eddie Gilbert, Chris Candido, King Kong Bundy, Al Snow, Marty Janetty, Godzilla

OrtonViper: Brock Lesnar, Booker T, Christian Cage, Rey Mysterio, Diamond Dallas PageELIMINATED DUE TO BAN

C-B-G: Triple H, AJ Styles, Devon Dudley, Bubba-Ray Dudley, Matt Hardy, Lita, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test, Stacy Kiebler, Eric BischoffELIMINATED DUE TO BAN

By my calculations we just have gimmick and Bubs to complete Round 9 so that means it's time to prepare for Round 10. We've lost a competitor in the game but there's still a lot to play for. In this round, wrestlers who debuted before 1975 become available along with wrestlers from abandoned rosters. Also, in order to clear up the problem of affiliates, this round will see no promotional restrictions. Here's a quick summary:
    If you are drafting a wrestler who debuted after 1975
    - Normal rules apply.

Pre-1975 picks
    - No promotional restrictions (this is in order to clear up the thorny issue of affiliates)

Abandoned rosters

The rosters of OrtonViper and Comic-Book-Guy become available in this round so that we may, as I think gimmick put it, pick them apart like vultures!

Their rosters are as follows:

OrtonViper: Brock Lesnar, Booker T, Christian Cage, Rey Mysterio, Diamond Dallas Page

Comic-Book-Guy: Triple H, AJ Styles, Devon Dudley, Bubba-Ray Dudley, Matt Hardy, Lita, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test, Stacy Kiebler, Eric Bischoff

As you can see then there is plenty of talent out there for us to select. With that being said here is the draw for Round 10:

Round 10 Draw (Pre-1975 picks, Abandoned rosters included):

1. flahavaj
    2. Furious-Red
    3. Minto
    4. Jolt2007
    5. Chong
    6. Orestes
    7. SlickRic
    8. Mr. Guappa
    9. RebelRockChick
    10. Cactus Col
    11. Voltwad
    12. Jayhaitch2
    13. BountyHunter
    14. Fozzy
    15. Bubs101
    16. MuffDaddy
    17. Mr. Nice Guy
    18. gimmick

Apologies to gimmick for giving him two crappy draws in a row but at least I'm not much better off in this one.

Right then folks gimmick and Bubs will complete Round 9 for us and then flahavaj will things kick off in Round 10.

Good luck and happy pickings. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In the history on the world, there has been no greater draw, no greater controversial figure. Since man has been he has been revered and feared in equal measure. His stint in WWE was no different, even appearing once on PPV. Lady and Gents, I give you Gaaaaaaaaawwwwwwd

God.jpg

Roster
    1. Murder City Machine Guns
    2. CM Punk
    3. KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji
    4. Low Ki
    5. The Brian Kendrick
    6. Homicide
    7. Tomko & Giant Bernard
    8. "The Anarchist" Doug Williams
    9. God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

My pick is quite simply one of the best and most entertaining manager in the history of competative sport

"The Special One" Jose Mourinho
    jose-mourinho-master-baiter.jpg
    I wanted a celebrity I could actually use so I had set out to get the best manager available in the draft. In a legitimate sport, Jose got himself over to a ridiculous degree, a master on the microphone in a non scripted or pre-ordained world so wrestling would be very easy for him and a guy with legitimate managerial credentials in the sporting world. In his short 2 and a half year tenure in England he was ridiculously over as both a heel and a face

Some of his best moments

This pick is on behalf of flahavaj...

Triple H

HHH_web.jpg
    The moment I decided upon the Vince/Turner storyline and when I realised the Hunter was available in this round it became a no-brainer that he was my absolute firt pick. No matter what way i decide to interject him into my storyline, his history as a member of the Mcmahon family, his history of feuding with Vince, his history of taking the mick out of Turner mean that I have tonnes of options.

Im getting a great worker, a bone fide star and legitimate main eventer of over a decade and a guy who polarises opinions and gets people talking and arguing like no other.

I'm absolutely ecstatic.:D
    Time to play the GAAAAAME-UH!

• Advertisement

My Next Pick Is
    christian-large.jpg
    * East Coast Wrestling Association
    o ECWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[10]

* Insane Championship Wrestling
    o ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (2 times)[4] – with Sexton Hardcastle

* New Tokyo Pro Wrestling
    o NTPW Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time)[83] – with Sexton Hardcastle

* Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling
    o PCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[84]

o PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Edge vs. the Hardy Boyz vs. the Dudley Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000[85]
    o PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Edge vs. the Hardy Boyz vs. the Dudley Boys in Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven[85]
    o PWI ranked him #7 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007.[86]

* Southern States Wrestling
    o SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time)[4] – with Edge

* Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    o NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[87]

* World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    o ECW Championship (1 time, current)[7]
    o WWF European Championship (1 time)[27]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[88]
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (3 times)[26]
    o WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[14]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (9 times)[29] – with Edge (7), Lance Storm (1) and Chris Jericho (1)

o Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Edge

1st pick = Edge
    2nd pick = Jeff Hardy
    3rd pick = Beer Money INC
    4th pick = Mr.Kennedy
    5th pick = Hernandez
    6th pick = Lethal Consequences
    7th pick = Jack Swagger
    8th pick = Kiyoshi & Sheik Abdul Bashir
    9th pick = Pamela Anderson
    10th pick = Christian

This is a pick that has been speculated to occur in this round for some time now. So on behalf of the consortium, please welcome...
    The "Macho Man" Randy Savage

macho.jpg

Tune in this week to Monday Night Wrestling to see how the NWL Fan Nation react to this massive signing. Also, will we find out who the consortium is??

Since the concept of this round was first announced, there was one guy I put top of my list to draft far above all others and I'm delighted to get him. Some would argue he's maybe the greatest there's been in the ring. Some would also argue he's the greatest there's been at promos. He scores a perfect 10 on both accounts from me so allow me to introduce:

bock1.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

So many great matches to choose from, here's just one with Curt Henning when he was in his 50's

Championships and accomplishments

American Wrestling Association
    o AWA World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
    o AWA World Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Ray Stevens

Championship Wrestling from Florida
    o NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ray Stevens

Continental Wrestling Association
    o AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Georgia Championship Wrestling
    o NWA Georgia Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    o NWA Georgia Television Championship (3 times)

NWA Big Time Wrestling
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Texas version) (1 time) - with Ricky Romero

NWA Los Angeles
    o NWA "Beat the Champ" Television Championship (2 times)

NWA Mid-Pacific Promotions
    o NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    o NWA Hawaii Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Bobby Shane
    o NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (Hawaii version) (1 time)

NWA San Francisco
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (San Francisco version) (2 time) - with Ramon Torres

Pacific Northwest Wrestling
    o NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    o NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (3 time) - with Nick Kozak (2) and Buddy Mareno (1)

o PWI Stanley Weston Award (2007)
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (1973) - with Ray Stevens
    o PWI ranked him # 18 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.

Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
    o (Class of 2003)

World Wrestling Association (Los Angeles)
    o WWA International Television Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Édouard Carpentier (1) and Lord James Blears (1)

o WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

My Next Pick is Brock Lesnar

BrockLesnar.jpg

Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)[1]
    Weight 276 lb (125 kg)[1]
    Reach 81 in (210 cm)[2]
    Nationality American[3]
    Born July 12, 1977 (1977-07-12) (age 31)[3]
    Fighting out of Minneapolis – Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Town of birth Webster, South Dakota[3]
    Team/Association Minnesota Martial Arts Academy
    Primary fighting style Wrestling

Championships and accomplishments

[edit] Amateur wrestling

* Big Ten Conference
    o 1999 Big Ten Conference Championship
    o 2000 Big Ten Conference Championship
    o Ranked the # 1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000)
    * National Collegiate Athletic Association
    o 1999 NCAA Division I runner–up
    o 2000 NCAA Division I Championship
    * North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
    o 1997 Heavyweight Championship[97]
    o 1998 Heavyweight Championship[97]
    o 1999 Heavyweight Championship[97]
    * National Junior College Athletic Association
    o 1997 NJCAA All–American
    o 1998 NJCAA All–American
    o 1998 Junior College National Championship

[edit] Professional wrestling
    Brock Lesnar as WWE Champion.

* New Japan Pro Wrestling
    o IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[51]

* Inoki Genome Federation
    o IWGP Third Belt Championship (1 time)

* Ohio Valley Wrestling
    o OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Shelton Benjamin[18]

o PWI Feud of the Year award in 2003 vs. Kurt Angle[98]
    o PWI Match of the Year award in 2003 vs. Kurt Angle – a 60 minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16[99]
    o PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year award in 2002[100]
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year award in 2002[101]
    o PWI ranked him # 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003[102]

* World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WWE Championship (3 times)[103]
    o King of the Ring (2002)[8]
    o Royal Rumble (2003)[9]

o Best Brawler (2003)[104]
    o Best Wrestling Maneuver (2002) F–5
    o Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[105]
    o Most Improved Wrestler (2002, 2003)[106]

[edit] Mixed Martial Arts

* Ultimate Fighting Championship
    o UFC Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)

o Best Box Office Draw (2008)
    o MMA Most Valuable Fighter (2008)

Roster:

Randy Orton
    Sabu
    Bobby Lashley
    Masato Tanaka
    Natural Disasters
    Tajiri
    Brutus Beefcake
    Mickey Rourke
    Brock Lesnar

THE PHENOMENAL A.J. STYLES

Fuck the phenom, here's the phenomenon.

*write up to follow, it's just too late right now*

I am fupping delighted to add the following guy to my roster. He is a former NWA Heavyweight Champion (when the belt meant everything) and a former ECW Heavyweight Champion. More importantly his style and persona in the ring fit in perfectly with a feud I have in mind. And as of now my top 2 feuds have taken shape. I proudly give to you...
    Terry Funk

NWA_Champ_Terry_Funk.jpg

He's been a major draw in the U.S and Japan. Do not think of the version of this guy in 'Beyond the Mat'; or even the version from 10 or so years ago, even though he could still 'go' by all accounts. You have to go back decades to understand what this guy is really about.

He has feuded with the likes of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting and Mick Foley; many of those extremely high profile feuds. I recommend highly that you check out the feud with Ric Flair after Wrestlewar '89; one of the greats with an utterly brilliant 'I Quit' match as the pay-off.

He is an icon, and I don't use that term lightly.

Someone said this was a make-or-break round for some rosters; even though I don't think that was necessarily the case for mine, I believe I have done the former.

Again, I am delighted to add this man to my roster, and my, do I have plans for him.

a LONG list of his Accopmplishments (just to drive the point home a bit :pac:...)

* All Japan Pro Wrestling
    o World's Strongest Tag Team League (1977, 1979, 1982) – with Dory Funk, Jr.

* Cauliflower Alley Club
    o Iron Mike Mazurki Award (2005)

* Championship Wrestling from Florida
    o NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Dory Funk, Jr.
    o NWA Florida Television Championship (1 time)
    o NWA North American Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (1 time) – with Dory Funk, Jr.
    o NWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (Florida version) (2 times)
    o NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Eastern Championship Wrestling / Extreme Championship Wrestling1
    o ECW Television Championship (1 time)
    o ECW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    o Hardcore Hall of Fame (2005)

* Georgia Championship Wrestling
    o NWA Georgia Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Dory Funk, Jr.
    o NWA Georgia Television Championship (1 time)

* International Wrestling Association of Japan
    o IWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

* Juggalo Championship Wrestling
    o JCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / World Championship Wrestling
    o WCW Hall of Fame (Class of 1995)
    o NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (1 time)
    o WCW Hardcore Championship (7 times)
    o WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* NWA Hollywood Wrestling
    o NWA Americas Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o NWA International Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Dory Funk, Jr.
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Los Angeles version) (1 time) – with Dory Funk, Jr.

* NWA Western States Sports
    o NWA International Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Dory Funk, Jr.
    o NWA Western States Heavyweight Championship (7 times)
    o NWA Western States Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Ricky Romero
    o NWA World Tag Team Championship (Texas version) (2 times) – with Dory Funk, Jr.

* Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling
    o 3PW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

o PWI Feud of the Year (1989) vs. Ric Flair
    o PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1997)[10]
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year (1976)

* Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
    o Class of 2004

* Southwest Championship Wrestling
    o SCW Southwest Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o SCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Dory Funk, Jr.

* St. Louis Wrestling Club
    o NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Stampede Wrestling
    o Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame

* United States Wrestling Association
    o USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment
    o WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Cactus Jack
    o WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2009)

o 5 Star Match (1984) with Dory Funk, Jr. vs. Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen on December 8
    o Best Brawler (1989)
    o Best Heel (1989)
    o Best on Interviews (1989)
    o Feud of the Year (1989) vs. Ric Flair
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

Funk was named an honorary Lifetime ECW World Heavyweight Champion by Paul Heyman in 1997 due to Funk's contributions to both ECW and Professional Wrestling in general

Team Slick
    Sting
    Arn Anderson
    Tully Blanchard
    Barry Windham
    Jay Briscoe
    Mark Briscoe
    Austin Aries
    Ken Shamrock
    Rodney 'Yokozuna' Anoa'i
    Jacques Rougeau
    Raymond Rougeau
    Mike Tyson
    Terry Funk

ROWDY RODDY PIPER

1379.jpg

More to follow

WORLD PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING ROSTER
    Goldberg
    Ravishing Rick Rude
    Kerry Von Erich
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Umaga
    Sid Vicious
    Nigel McGuinness
    Rikishi
    Scotty 2 Hotty
    Floyd Mayweather
    Rowdy Roddy Piper

Roster: Shawn Michaels, Christopher Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr., Jeff Jarrett, Evan Bourne, Eric Young, Petey Williams, Natalya Neidhart, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Jenny McCarthy and introducing…..
    Rey Mysterio

ReyMysterio.jpg

Rey Mysterio is one of the best known high flyers around, having trained in the lucha libre style of Mexico. He has achieved much success in the heavyweight, cruiserweight and tag team divisions in a variety of wrestling promotions throughout his career. He is sure to add some high flying antics to my roster, however he might feature in future.

Titles & Accomplishments:

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
    Mexican National Trios Championship (1 time)– with Octagón and Super Muñeco
    Mexican National Welterweight Championship (1 time)
    AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

International Wrestling All-Stars
    IWAS Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Konnan

PWI ranked him #4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1999

Tijuana, Mexico
    Tijuana Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

World Championship Wrestling
    WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5 times)
    WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Billy Kidman
    WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Billy Kidman (1), Konnan (1), and Juventud Guerrera (1)

World Wrestling Association
    WWA Lightweight Championship (3 times)
    WWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Misterio
    WWA Welterweight Championship (3 times)

World Wrestling Council
    WWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship (3 times)
    WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time, current)
    WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Edge (1), Rob Van Dam (1), Eddie Guerrero (1), and Batista (1)
    Royal Rumble (2006)
    Twenty First Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    Best Flying Wrestler (1995–1997, 2002–2004)
    Best Wrestling Maneuver (1995) West Coast Pop
    Match of the Year (2002) with Edge vs. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle, WWE No Mercy, October 20
    Most Outstanding Wrestler (1996)
    Rookie of the Year (1992)

Hardcore Wrestling Association
    HWA World Championship (1 time)

I am honestly disgusted that I am able to make this pick. One of the most recognised wrestlers ever, recognisable to people who have never seen a match. Universally loved by wrestling fans.

Andre The Giant
    andre2.jpg

If other wrestlers can be called icons ... then I don't have an adjective to use for Andre, this is a person truely in a league of his own. I feel no need to list his accomplishments/titles. You know who he is.

My understanding of the rules is that I should be able to make my pick now with 24hrs passing and Voltwad not picking. Apologies if I'm wrong

When this round was announced there was only one guy who I wanted. I think he is Perfect for my main event

A multi time champion.
    One on the biggest names in wrestling
    One of the best talkers
    One of the all time great performers

The American Dream
    Dusty Rhodes

25Rhodes.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement