Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AoC article on Eurogamer....

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bar Eve Online, Warcraft is the only one that has ever kept me playing (and coming back). Its a shame, as the others have some great idea's, but they lack the polish and content that Warcraft has. I'd love for an MMO to come along that does everything that Warcraft does, and better, but i dont think there are any on the horizons.

Btw, the next big Warcraft patch is tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Have levelled up toons in most MMO (WoW,Lotro,Aoc,WAr) , went back to AoC 2 weeks ago and have to say the end game raiding content has improved a lot ,GFX glitches are gone and they have at last added in new areas for lvl 40-65 which stops the damn villa runs.

worth another look i'd suggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well I'm going to give it another look.

But buckin hell the patching, what are they thinking with not having a standalone patch !

What server are people on ?

We should never have got rid of the old forum, I blame the lazy mods :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Any more thoughts from people who went back? I played it last summer and loved it. I stopped playing just cause after 3 months I had enough and played other games.

My highest lvl character was lvl 65. So I never ran into this end game horribleness people talked about.

I suppose , despite playing the hell out of it for 3 months, in MMO terms , I'm a casual player. Don't rush to reach 'end game' tend not to get active with guilds and so forth. I just played it and enjoyed it. So maybe it fails for hardcore MMOers but its great for more casual mmo gaming.

Reading the changes to the game as really peeked my interest in playing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

did they ever implement some sort of PvP system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

yeah theres pvp xp, which I don't really like, and theres a murder/outlaw system for when higher players kill players far lower than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If anyone cares AOC is offering accounts that were cancelled the chance to reactivate their old characters for 15 days for free to try out the improvments...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea i heard about that today but i uninstalled it like 2 days ago doh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Anyone can tell me if its worth re downloading for the free 14 days or whatever it is.How much content has been added since about a month after launch?It mentioned something about PvP changes and lvl 50 insta character or something.Can anyone elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You get a level 50 character free if you have already a character at 50 and have a free slot (or slots)

PVP: I'm stuck on fury and only at level 20 but theres a lot of spawn camping going on and it seem's that yahtzee's theory that the whole game is in need of smacktard fumigation is still true on PVP servers

• Advertisement
Advertisement