Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent + builder entering appartment

Options
  • 02-04-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Hi I just want to clarify what I'm thinking is right..

We have damp in our apartment, It has been inspected by the agent once before.

We prompted them continuously but where fobbed off etc.. Until they finally replied to our most recent email, saying that the builder will be out tomorrow and needs access to our apartment.

I think this is very short notice. as such I feel legally I can refuse as I do not want them to enter my apartment when we are not their.

Am I right to think Legally they cannot enter the apartment without my permission for this inspection or can they enter regardless of what I say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They need to give you reasonable notice, you need to give them reasonable access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Victor wrote: »
    They need to give you reasonable notice, you need to give them reasonable access.
    fair enough on access, It will be given with notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

while it might be inconvenient, not giving access will likely drag the damp problem on for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

astrofool wrote: »
    while it might be inconvenient, not giving access will likely drag the damp problem on for longer

I understand this, I am happy enough to arrange a time with proper notice, so that I can be there. I just wanna know can they enter without my permission or not? as I'm worried they'll try enter the apartment against my wish's..

Advertisement