Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Abroad

• 02-04-2009 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

It's a long one so bear with me people.

I kissed this girl a few times over the past few years nothing serious. Then out of the blue one day last year she asked me 4 a drink she wanted things to get serious so I agreed but before we had a chance to meet I got an offer for a job abroad so I took it. I told her and thought that would be the end of it but I get to come home every few months or so and she said we could have the drink then.

So over the last 12 months every time I went home we'd meet up. Things are getting serious between us now but I remember about 6 months ago she asked were we exclusive. I said that where I live I literally don't get a chance to meet girls but I wouldn't expect her to be because I'm away so much.

Then recently she sid that if I was meeting someone else behind her back she would want to know. She's suspecious because I'm close to a girlfriend of mine but not interest in her. I said the same thing to her and she lost it saying she'd never do that to me.

But I know she has quite a past because another of my close girlfriends is friends with her and she told me before that I shouldn't expect her to live like a nun while I'm away ( and I think she was trying to spare my feeling by putting it that way)

Anyway I'm just wondering if it would be naive of me to believe that?

Thanks for reading. Any advice or comments on this would be appreciated. It's wreaking my head
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

You cant judge her on her past. Also you cant think badly of her cos of an inferred comment from a "friend". If things are serious between ye, let it be between ye alone and dont listen to ther peoples comments on ye. And insist she understands that your other friend who is a girl, its just that and nothing else!;)

joeod wrote: »
    she lost it saying she'd never do that to me ... But I know she has quite a past ... I'm just wondering if it would be naive of me to believe that?

Either you trust her or you don't, simple as. People can cheat just as easily when they live with their partners as when they live in different countries. My fiance and I are together two years, living in different countries and I wouldn't dream of cheating on him ... and "quite a past" would aptly describe my yesteryears. :)

Advertisement