Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extravison renting wii games?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Passed extra vision the other day and I see their renting wii and ds dames is this real or was it my eyes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Passed extra vision the other day and I see their renting wii and ds dames is this real or was it my eyes

Yep, DS and Wii games. 7.95 for a week for new titles, 4.95 for a week for older ones. Depending on how well they rent, more titles will be added, or the whole thing may be pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

do you no what games thay have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Its about time! Extravision are so retarded, they should have done this two years ago. The Wii and DS were clearly selling by the bucket loads and had very rental-oriented games yet still they insisted on 360 and Ps3 rentals only.

by the way do anybody still rent games ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Surprised the publishers allow it

• Advertisement

thare was a shop near me that usad to rent pc games and gba games

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

As stupid as it was it's a hangover from the GameCube and N64 years, and the general ridiculous Irish apathy to the consoles.

did thay evar rent gamecube games?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Errr - its nothing to with Xtravision. Nintendo didnt allow their games to be rented.

so how did thay now rent wii and ds games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

by the way do anybody still rent games ?
    I rented Skate a couple of weeks ago, but I was planning to buy it anyway. Other than that I don't rent, and I don't know anybody that does

its cheaper to buy them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

its cheaper to buy tham

Sweet fewking baby jesus, can you learn to spell or construct something coherent?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Tusky wrote: »
    Errr - its nothing to with Xtravision. Nintendo didnt allow their games to be rented.

fair enough - I used to rent N64 games - no problem though I guess I was wrong - when did nintendo turn around on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chronodyne

Why on God's green earth would you rent games? Game, HMV and Gamestop all trade in now so why wouldn't you shop around to get the best deal on buying it - or for that matter get a bit of loyalty going like I do and I always get a discount - and then shop around to trade it in! It normally takes me about 2 weeks to get though a game on 360 and that costs me AT MOST €15 buying it and trading it back in. If I want it longer I keep it longer if its crap I take it back and exchange it for FREE!

It really is about time we stopped giving rip off merchants our money!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why not rent games? Why pay €50 quid for a game that takes 5 or 6 hours to play when you can pay a tenner and get it for just the right amount of time? I'd rather rent then get ass-****ed by game and the likes with trade in values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chronodyne

Jesus takes me at least a week to get near clearing a game - though I always take back the crap ones the same day. Let alone the ones I like to keep plus keep for a bit longer without having to worry about late fees. It always amazes me that everything else about renting has died a death apart from Films/Games and houses - and by the looks of it hopefully renting houses will be a thing of the past for a few more people soon! As for messing about with trade in prices, I don't! I always go to Game and the most I have ever paid is €15 - that was because I'd had the game for a month and wanted a collectors edition of my new game. As for Play.com I can't just return a game to them because its crap and get one the same day same with renting I'm guessing?

Sometimes I use xtravanisins 28 days return and I can get 2 to 3 games over a long time it's like renting but you own a game in the end

Advertisement