Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 Upgrade

Options
  • 02-04-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I know there is a post that goes a while back on this but even though it answers some of my questions, there are still some unanswered questions that i have.

First of all, I went onto eHobbyasia and loaded a cart full of upgrade parts, but before i buy it, I am looking for an opinion on some of the parts that i have selected. Will they fit, will they push my gun over the limit? etc.

I have selected some hop-up rubbers. Will these work in our aegs? How soft does our rubber need to be?

I have selected a lightweight piston, a cylinder head and silent piston set, and a cylinder. Will these be suited for my m4?

I also have a spring guide, some 7mm bushings and an air nozzle.

Would a new tappet plate be beneficial for me also? I was thinking of this one.

I will greatly appreciate your views and opinions. I know how to and don't mind opening up my gearbox. If anything might boost my m4 over the limit, please tell me.

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I know there is a post that goes a while back on this but even though it answers some of my questions, there are still some unanswered questions that i have.

First of all, I went onto eHobbyasia and loaded a cart full of upgrade parts, but before i buy it, I am looking for an opinion on some of the parts that i have selected. Will they fit, will they push my gun over the limit? etc.

I have selected some hop-up rubbers. Will these work in our aegs? How soft does our rubber need to be?

I have selected a lightweight piston, a cylinder head and silent piston set, and a cylinder. Will these be suited for my m4?

I also have a spring guide, some 7mm bushings and an air nozzle.

Would a new tappet plate be beneficial for me also? I was thinking of this one.

Mark

Ok, first of all, dont get that hop rubber, at 1J a soft rubber is better, get a Guarder silicon hop rubber, it's much softer.

Also the piston in a dboys is pretty good as stock and doesn't really need to be relaced, it won't reallly increase performance.

Be careful puttting a new spring guide in, some can put a gun over 1J. The air nozzle should be fine too.

The bearing bushings I would buy, they will increase the rof, the tappet plate is pretty good stock and shouldn't need replacing.

What exactly do you want from the upgrade? better range or rof etc?

A good shim job, bearings and a new hop will give you better performance for less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I was looking for a better range as i have a good rof as it is with my 9.6v battery. Can you see any in stock hop-up rubbers on that site that would suit my m4?
    what shims should i get?
    The one problem is that it is very noisy and that was the reason why i was getting the silent piston head. Also the cqbr at the moment is only shooting at 215fps, so i suppose a new spring guide would do no harm.
    Would a tightbore be of much benefit also?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I was looking for a better range as i have a good rof as it is with my 9.6v battery. Can you see any in stock hop-up rubbers on that site that would suit my m4?
    what shims should i get?
    The one problem is that it is very noisy and that was the reason why i was getting the silent piston head. Also the cqbr at the moment is only shooting at 215fps, so i suppose a new spring guide would do no harm.
    Would a tightbore be of much benefit also?

Ehobby is being really slow for me today, but get a Guarder silicon clear hop up (soft type). They have them on Eirsoft also.

Element shims are good ones to get I hear.

The silent piston head could be useful in that case, about the fps issue get an ms90 spring and that'll bring it up to around 300-310.

Yeah a tightbore should increase your accuracy and your range to a degree, just be careful with the new spring and the tightbore that you don't go over 1J.

The reason why i was buying off ehobby is because its a lot cheaper than paying 15 for bucking off an irish retailer.

On ehobby, Is the guarder hop-up this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

The reason why i was buying off ehobby is because its a lot cheaper than paying 15 for bucking off an irish retailer.

On ehobby, Is the guarder hop-up this one?

Thats the one alright. I just got 3 of them in this morning :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

that air nozzle will give you problems, its designed for a bore up cylinder head. you shouldn`t have any need for a new cylinder or cylinder head just make sure your air seal is spot on. if your looking for a higher rof you could swiss cheese and short stroke the piston and short stroke the sector gear.

maldondo wrote: »
    if your looking for a higher rof you could swiss cheese and short stroke the piston and short stroke the sector gear.

I don't know what short stroking is but if i was told how to I could probably manage doing it. I was just getting those because of a) the price and b) the nice looks. I am a fairly impulsive buyer and i get attracted by fancy colours. :D

Wouldn't a 45 degree hardness hop-up bucking be kinda the same as the guarder 50 degree? Much difference?

Advertisement