Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to take the gran

• 02-04-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anybody recommend a decent place to take the grandmother for a meal?

The problem is she wont really eat anything fancy...I would've liked to take her somewhere nice like BANG or town bar and grill but she wont eat anything there, after that your looking at places like Joels or the Red Cow which imo are pretty over priced for poor quality food.

Is there anywhere that bridges the gap i.e. does simple unfussy good quality food? A nice gastro pub would be ideal but there doesnt seem to be much choice over here:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You looking for somewhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

FXB's Bull and Castle?
    Soup, chowder, Fish and Chips, Lamb Stew, Pies, everything the discerning granny would enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

You looking for somewhere in Dublin?

Sorry should've said Im in Dublin MissFlithworth (although would'nt mind a reasonable drive).

Krusty, Bull and Castle is class. We go there a lot and we will end up going there if we cant find anywhere else....its just we take her there every time we go out:P I was just looking for a few ideas for different places but could'nt really come up with anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Roly's in Ballsbridge is great for Grannies or Parents - or people who aren't keen on anything too out of the ordinary. And it's rather tasty and great value (Sunday lunch is a bargain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Gallaghers Boxty House in Temple Bar -delicious traditional fare

• Advertisement
Advertisement