Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Insurance

Options
  • 02-04-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen that Ryanair have made it compulsory to purchase their insurance now when booking a flight!! Adding another €21 on to the cost of the flight

Even if Aer Lingus are 20/30 dearer for the same flight, I will be giving my money to them.

Ryanair have to start getting fair to the consumer and if they keep adding these charges they will soon lose their customers

I appeal to everyone if you have an option choose Aer Lingus, maybe Ryanair will wake up and realise that they cant keep adding charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I heard about this but didn't believe it, a compulsory insurance!!. Must check out the details of it and what type of insurance is it(Probably to pay Ryanair's public liability)

EDIT: I just had a look on the website and there is an option for "No Travel Insurance required" but it's in the middle of the Country of residence list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If we're being charitable we can assume that someone just messed up and ordered everything in that dropdown alphabetically, which is why "No travel insurance" appears between Lithuania and Malta. Oh wait, that's still not alphabetical...

Though in my case the insurance was showing as €14 - maybe it depends on your destination or nationality?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kilns wrote: »
    I appeal to everyone if you have an option choose Aer Lingus, maybe Ryanair will wake up and realise that they cant keep adding charges

Screw that. I couldnt care less if the openly tell you about their new "Michael O'Leary's coke and hooker fund" and make it compulsory to pay an extra €10 for it, if the flight is cheaper, it's cheaper. Thats all that matters.

EKRIUQ wrote: »

EDIT: I just had a look on the website and their is an option for "No Travel Insurance required" but it's in the middle of the Country of residence list

So in others words, nothing to see here?

Advertisement