Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licensing Query

• 02-04-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I had a prov car license which also has the A1 license included in it.

I got my full car license last year, but the prov A1 license doesn't appear on the new full car license.

Does this mean I've to go sit a prov motorcycle theory test now or can I ask that my old prov A1 be extended onto my new car license?

Apologies for the confusion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think you can just get it added again but I'm not definate on that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Don't let it go more than 2 years from the date it was omitted.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

connundrum wrote: »
    Hey,

I had a prov car license which also has the A1 license included in it.

I got my full car license last year, but the prov A1 license doesn't appear on the new full car license.

Does this mean I've to go sit a prov motorcycle theory test now or can I ask that my old prov A1 be extended onto my new car license?

Apologies for the confusion.

You can't get it added to your car licence, as you are only a learner on a bike. You have to fill in the learners permit application form and go down(or post off) to the tax office and apply. You'll get a new permit for free, but it's only valid for the remaining time since you got your original provisional and not when you apply now.

If you have to get a new permit. AFAIK you'll have to sit the theory test again as theres a new theory test for bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jr.Hero

I had a provisional B M license, possibly A1 also on it. but when i got my full car license it was just B, i understand that passing car test doesn't give me full license in M category etc, but can i get a provisional for the other M/A1 that i had, without having to do theory test again.
    i applied for that particular provsional 2 years ago, possibly bit longer at this stage, if that effects things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Jr.Hero wrote: »
    I had a provisional B M license, possibly A1 also on it. but when i got my full car license it was just B, i understand that passing car test doesn't give me full license in M category etc, but can i get a provisional for the other M/A1 that i had, without having to do theory test again.
    i applied for that particular provsional 2 years ago, possibly bit longer at this stage, if that effects things.

AFAIK you'll have to do the theory test for bikes. You can only be re-issued your provisional licence for the time remaining on it. And since yours if over 2 years old you need to get a new permit and need to do the theory test. Best bet is to ring the RSA and they can tell you if you have any time left on your provisional or if you'll need to do the theory test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement