Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 Setting up GPS Positioning

• 02-04-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Just after a little advice, recently got the phone and added the basic data add on (meteor). Trying to setup the gps and need a little help selecting the right choice.

Setting up gps positioning.

menu>tools>settings>general>positioning

Positioning methods.

Bluetooth
    Assisted GPS
    Intergrated GPS (ticked)
    Network based (ticked)

Positioning server.

Non selected
    Meteor isp
    Meteor mms
    Meteor streaming
    Meteor wap
    Meteor wap gps
    MMS over gps

Server address.

supl.nokia.com

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think 'assisted' should also be ticked. And i would reckon 'meteor isp' for the access point, im not meteor so cant be certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Yeah, I have assisted ticked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

So is it not working for you still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

IIMII wrote: »
    Yeah, I have assisted ticked too

You should use the Data APN, which isn't listed in your post, as the access point under the Positioning server option. You can send the Data APN settings from the Meteor website to your handset. All users are automatically provisioned with the Data APN, so there is no need to call Meteor customer care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Cheers guys ive ticked Agps and the nearest to my home in positioning is via meteor wap gps. I may hassle customer services!

I now have 'waiting for gps' 0m..............!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

keep in mind this feature will cost you a fortune if you aren't on a flat rate data package. vodafone screwed me for 2 months before i realised that its using the data connection actively not passively querying the cells as the settings were all preconfigured on my phone and i just retardedly ticked network based location. during this time i was in Germany and got hit for 12 euro a day "roaming data charges" on top of their obscene 16c per connection fee. (location typically uses typically 4-7KB)
    when i upgraded from my e61i to the e71 (settings werent working on the old phone) my bills shot up by about 30%

Advertisement