Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Matches Weekend 04 April

• 02-04-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭

Blackburn vs Tottenham-away win
    Arsenal vs Man City-home win
    Bolton vs Middlesbrough-home win
    Hull vs Portsmouth-draw
    Newcastle vs Chelsea-draw
    West Brom vs Stoke City-draw
    West Ham vs Sunderland-home win
    Fulham vs Liverpool-away win (i'm afraid though)
    Everton vs Wigan-home win
    Man Utd vs Aston Villa-draw

should be a good weekend ahead, Utd HAVE to win. As do Liverpool to keep the pressure on. I think a trip to Newcastle will end any slight hopes Chelsea have, new manager up there & all that.

Looking forward to it.

Comments

Brilliant Al!!!

COME ON FULHAM!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think I'd describe United's game as a must win. I however would very much like to win. We still have a theoretical four point cushin so we can afford one more loss. That said, psychologically it may be a must win. I expect across the board wins for the big 4.

However who each manager plays will tell you a lot about their intentions in the CL vs. the League.

DSB wrote: »
    Pathetic.

I know West Brom v Stoke doesn't promise to be a great game but at least let it be played before you slam it that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the kick off times that concern me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I know West Brom v Stoke doesn't promise to be a great game but at least let it be played before you slam it that bad.

OHMYGODLOLZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »

Yeah, was just about to ask if I should know what thats about.

DSB wrote: »
    OHMYGODLOLZ.

What I find ironic is you probably approved of the stupid thread title that this is a direct reaction to and yet this is "pathetic"...........

You're kind of proving the point don't ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Alright ladies put the handbags away and discuss the football.

I don't want us to have to put rules on what can and can't be in a thread title.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Blackburn vs Tottenham
    Arsenal vs Man City
    Bolton vs Middlesbrough
    Hull vs Portsmouth
    Newcastle vs Chelsea
    West Brom vs Stoke City
    West Ham vs Sunderland
    Fulham vs Liverpool
    Everton vs Wigan
    Man Utd vs Aston Villa

As much as I'd like United to screw up; if it's to happen it won't be this week imo. United will be allowed the freedom of midfield unless O'Neill changes his philosophy. Gerrard had the freedom of Anfield, Tevez will probably have the same at OT.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

didnt get the thread title at first, good work Al

Blackburn vs Tottenham- draw
    Arsenal vs Man City-home
    Bolton vs Middlesbrough-home
    Hull vs Portsmouth-draw
    Newcastle vs Chelsea-away
    West Brom vs Stoke City- home
    West Ham vs Sunderland-home
    Fulham vs Liverpool-draw
    Everton vs Wigan-home
    Man Utd vs Aston Villa-home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sorry about the times in the o/p, just ripped it from somewhere else, didnt check the times tbh.

PHB: the reason i'd describe Utds as so important, is if Utd don't win & Liverpool do, Liverpool will be top again, and Utd might start to fear the bad run they're on, 3 games without a win would shatter their confidence imo, made even worse by falling into second in the table.

mike65 wrote: »

sorry for robbin your job by the way Mike, i figured now that i was in the 10k club i could do it, just once, don't worry! ;)

Citadel Craven Cottage should be the place to watch this weekend. Only time I've ever wanted Fulham to lose. Just to keep the title race interesting. Hangelaand to get a mysterious day off should just about do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

SlickRic wrote: »
    Blackburn vs Tottenham
    Arsenal vs Man City
    Bolton vs Middlesbrough
    Hull vs Portsmouth
    Newcastle vs Chelsea
    West Brom vs Stoke City
    West Ham vs Sunderland
    Fulham vs Liverpool
    Everton vs Wigan
    Man Utd vs Aston Villa

As much as I'd like United to screw up; if it's to happen it won't be this week imo. The same way Gerrard got given all that space 2 weeks ago, Rooney will probably be afforded the same, unless O'Neill changes his philosophy.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to put €1000000 bet on that rooney will be afforded absolutely no space against villa! I'll also give you good odds.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Why are Liverpool in the op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They play on Saturday thats why

Saturday, 4 April 2009
    Arsenal v Man City, 15:00
    HOME
    Blackburn v Tottenham, 12:45
    DRAW
    Bolton v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    HOME
    Fulham v Liverpool, 17:30
    AWAY
    Hull v Portsmouth, 15:00
    DRAW
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00
    AWAY (except Chelsea are not great there and You know who may have a galvanising effect for one game at least)
    West Brom v Stoke, 15:00
    BLEUGH
    West Ham v Sunderland, 15:00
    HOME

Sunday, 5 April 2009

Everton v Wigan, 15:00
    DRAW
    Man Utd v Aston Villa, 16:00
    HOME banker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Saturday, 4 April 2009
    HOME
    DRAW
    HOME
    AWAY (Go Fulham!! :D)
    AWAY
    DRAW
    AWAY
    HOME

Sunday, 5 April 2009

HOME
    DRAW :(

I'd like to put €1000000 bet on that rooney will be afforded absolutely no space against villa! I'll also give you good odds.;)

what's this based on? villa allowed gerrard the freedom of anfield because all season they've been direct and not scared about emptying the midfield. maybe they'll change this sunday, i hope they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fulham 2-0 Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Saturday, 4 April 2009
    HOME
    AWAY
    DRAW
    AWAY
    DRAW
    AWAY
    HOME
    HOME

Sunday, 5 April 2009

HOME
    HOME

Not happy that United have to play on Sunday ahead of a Champions League quarter final on Tuesday.

Not happy that United have to play on Sunday ahead of a Champions League quarter final on Tuesday.

They don't have to. They chose to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

what's this based on? villa allowed gerrard the freedom of anfield because all season they've been direct and not scared about emptying the midfield. maybe they'll change this sunday, i hope they do.

I think he's probably basing it on the fact that Rooney is suspended for the game against Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

what's this based on?

the fact that rooney is suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »

True - noon kickoff on the saturday (the time offered) is crap too though imo. TBH I'm happy with the decision, Premiership is more important and with the way we've been playing we need as much prep time as possible.

oops, apologies internelligent.

for some reason I had it in my head that he was back from suspension. all the better so :D

True - noon kickoff on the saturday (the time offered) is crap too though imo. TBH I'm happy with the decision, Premiership is more important and with the way we've been playing we need as much prep time as possible.

yea, i think ferguson has made the right choice, especially considering the opposition in the CL.

cheek of that PL not giving Ferguson the choice of any kick off time he wanted! :pac::rolleyes:;)

yea, i think ferguson has made the right choice, especially considering the opposition in the CL.

cheek of that PL not giving Ferguson the choice of any kick off time he wanted! :pac::rolleyes:;)
    i know - what jerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Should be an interesting weekend. Man U have looked decidedly shaky the last few weeks, Villa have been on a slippery slope for the last few games. But you never know, they may pull a big performance out of the bag to turn things around. And they can't be as poor defensively as they were at Anfield (taking nothing away from Liverpool). That said, United (I hope) will have just enough to see them off.

Liverpool's game at Fulham could be tricky. It all depends on the Fulham side that turns up (or rather, doesn't :D ) But with Liverpool's excellent run of late, I can't see them losing.

The Newcastle game should be interesting, too. Shearer can put his insightful analysis to the test, inspire his players with some wordly wisdom. Could be a honeymoon game for the Toon, wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out the win.

• Advertisement

I didnt know we were given the choice to move it.

I think its a bad decision by Ferguson, if we played midday Saturday and got the win to go 4 points clear again the pressure would have been on Liverpool that bit more, instead ye'll more then likely be 2 points ahead when we play Villa which makes the game that bit tougher.

I didnt know we were given the choice to move it.

I think its a bad decision by Ferguson, if we played midday Saturday and got the win to go 4 points clear again the pressure would have been on Liverpool that bit more, instead ye'll more then likely be 2 points ahead when we play Villa which makes the game that bit tougher.

Yeah - and midday saturday would furhter reduce the amount of time players have to get ready for the game after the international break, particularly Tevez who we desperately need to play, and give us virtually no time to prepare for the more important game.

Thats a fair point, but id still have prefered it to be played Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I dunno, a win versus Villa could give the side confidence and momentum, it's a test of the squad depth, too. Playing after Pool is the only snag - that is, if Pool win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Thank fcuk the premiership is back, international breaks suck imo. The thought of Fabregas and Arshavin clicking on Saturday is so exciting. Think Utd will beat Villa pretty handily, Liverpool may grind out a win but Fulham away is a tough game these days.

Can someone explain what the original thread title was please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Villa are statistically by far the easiest team United play against. We just have something over them, no idea why. Considering their downward slope, I'd imagine we'd do well against them. But with injuries I just don't know. Our midfield lacks energy and drive imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

PHB wrote: »
    Villa are statistically by far the easiest team United play against. We just have something over them, no idea why. Considering their downward slope, I'd imagine we'd do well against them. But with injuries I just don't know. Our midfield lacks energy and drive imo.
    Until earlier this season the same could have been said about Rafa's Liverpool v Man U....c'mon Villa </stirring> :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Wreck wrote: »

Can someone explain what the original thread title was please?

No, there's a warning from Xavi6 above and I'd appreciate it if we could leave that behind us and deal with the matches this thread involves.

p.s. sorry to single out your post.

oops, apologies internelligent.

for some reason I had it in my head that he was back from suspension. all the better so :D

No hassle lad. Couldn't resist trying to be smart:)

Blackburn vs Tottenham- away
    Arsenal vs Man City-home
    Bolton vs Middlesbrough-draw
    Hull vs Portsmouth-away
    Newcastle vs Chelsea-away
    West Brom vs Stoke City- home
    West Ham vs Sunderland-away
    Fulham vs Liverpool-away (please god)
    Everton vs Wigan-home
    Man Utd vs Aston Villa-home (please god no)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Blackburn 0 - 1 Spurs,

a Keane penalty which should not have been given, and wasn't on the spot (not that that matters too much) but it rubs it in, and for the ref to allow it after the Blackburn players questioning its position makes it even more annoying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For the penalty, was the ball stopped by the arm from going into an attacking position? If so, then its a penalty, accidental or not. And I havent seen it, just reading what people are saying on BBC.

Either way...GO ON SPURS!! :D

Kiith wrote: »
    For the penalty, was the ball stopped by the arm from going into an attacking position? If so, then its a penalty, accidental or not.

the ball was smacked at Givets arm, he tries to move his arm away from it, his arm remains by his side at all times, attacking or not,

never a penalty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just googled the official rules there, and your right. If it was ball-to-hand, then its no penalty. I always thought that if a team loses an advantage to a handball, accidental or not, then it was a free/penalty.

Guess it depends on what the Ref thought he saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I'm going to make a bold statement and say l'Arse will be the only of the Top 4 to win this weekend. (Hope United prove me wrong though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

i agree with the penalty decision

keane made good use of the massive penalty spot

quality strike in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm eager to see how Arseshaving gets on with Fabregas, should be good to watch :) And I've them in a treble as well !

S.M.B. wrote: »
    i agree with the penalty decision

keane made good use of the massive penalty spot

quality strike in the end

You can't be giving penalties for that,

it would be easier to smack the ball against the arm of a player a couple of yards in front of you than find a player further in the box,

If Givet had have stuck his hand out, no doubt it would have been a penalty, but you can't punish a player for trying to get his arm out of the way, keeping his arm by his side,

It was dodgy, and for the ref to allow the placing of that ball is very questionable

Mokoena should have been sent of for a shoulder type charge on Palacios,

lucky he is coming off for Tugay anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah it was a pretty stupid thing to do and he was lucky to get away with it. Spurs knocking the ball around quite well and are definitely the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm eager to see how Arseshaving gets on with Fabregas, should be good to watch :)

I'm actually salivating at the prospect of them clicking :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement