Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supervalu complaints

Options
  • 02-04-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hello there
    Can anyone give me an address for supervalu complaints department. I'm sick of getting things on offer and then later when i look at the receipt, see that i have been charged the full whack. Any help is great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

davylee wrote: »
    Hello there
    Can anyone give me an address for supervalu complaints department. I'm sick of getting things on offer and then later when i look at the receipt, see that i have been charged the full whack. Any help is great.
    Thanks

This is definitely a policy in some stores. I've heard so many stories about this but you never get it in any other supermarket. I doubt they give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

This is definitely a policy in some stores. I've heard so many stories about this but you never get it in any other supermarket. I doubt they give a ****.
    your probably right but i only had a 10 on me and i had enough for what i wanted. Then i had to put something back. How embarassing was that, a queue behind me. My blood is boiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Did you take it up with the owner or manager in the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

check the receipt before you leave

never looked at the receipt until i got home but i will be going back.
    regarding checking the receipt i should've done that.
    Won't be going back there again as this is not the first time it happened.
    I know everyone says it but it's not the money.
    It wasn't even a euro.
    But this is the third time it's happened in the last 6 months, just pisses me off won't be down there again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If I'm ever in a super valu it's on a Sunday and there are often signs for offers that end on a Sunday still up.

Being Sunday were talking more like 4:30 pm rather than when the store opens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Why not just google it ? youre online anyway?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I gave up shopping with Supervalu ages ago as I consistently found them overcharging.

Then recently I found myself in Raheny late one evening and 'forgot' my no Supervalu policy.

Bought three items - two of them offers - the two offers came through at the wrong price!

Never ever again.

It happens far far too often to be an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Hope this link works:

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/

if not got to consumerconnect.ie and you can make a complaint there. Its the National Consumer Agency and they handle that sort of thing.

I remember reading in the paper ages ago that Supervalu/Musgraves got serious fines from the NCA due to non display of prices/overcharging on the Special Offers etc.

Various stores throughout the country were investigated and fined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

My dad was charged €20 for a few apples in a super valu once, of course he went back to get his refund, they appoligised and said that others also had the same problems, They didn't even give vouchers or anything unlike other supermarkets for the incnovenience where you would probably get vouchers and possibly even the goods for free, It was a inconvenince for him as it was a good drive back to the shop once he discovered it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

there was a big thread about it few months back, always getting overcharged for offers and then when you argue the offer and get it, 2 days later and problem is still there and argue it all over again. I stand my ground, especially as they have signs up in mine that they abide by the code of the price you see is the price you pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

My local Supervalu take overpricing very seriously and because of this it rarely happens.
    Supervalu are all privatly owened.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Are most Supervalu Supermarkets not privately owned and they get their stock from Musgraves.

Anybody know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,419 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i think its franchise, donegal town one does the not putting the offers on the till quite often, always seems to be when they have wine offers though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

They are definately privately owned'

I'd start with the store manager and if you get no-where they go to the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Musgraves get a cut of the GROSS profits and you get an extra payback if you stock over a certain level of own brand goods in a billing period. It also depends how big the store group is, ie only one store owned or 5 able to purchase together.

Fiends of mine are shareholders in Musgraves (it's a private company) so keep the money rollin in lads and lassies ;)

Shelflife wrote: »
    Why not just google it ? youre online anyway?
    I tried to find an address but could only find one for musgraves which seem to own the supervalue chain, i'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

it's happened a few times with me , just little things like a like a pack of biscuits 20c more, but there were a few of them on the same receipt , bring it back and go mad at them , you have a right to

thanks for the replies and help
    i won't be going back there and will be spreading the word that they are robbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The only supermarket where I live is Supervalu but I'll still hop in the car and drive the ten minutes to Dunnes or Tesco. They've been doing that for ages, it's put me off going in to any of their stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Clare Bear wrote: »
    The only supermarket where I live is Supervalu but I'll still hop in the car and drive the ten minutes to Dunnes or Tesco. They've been doing that for ages, it's put me off going in to any of their stores.

supervalue on the quays in dublin 2 always overcharges or has misleading pricing

discount price below one item when really the discounted item is the item on the left of the discount sign

its blatently obvious theyre doing it once u know the scam

most people dont though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

They're franchises.

OP: take up your issue with a supervisor/manager in the store in which you were overcharged. Bring in your receipt as proof and you should be refuned. Don't go in and start ranting at a checkout operator, it's not their fault!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

delllat wrote: »
    supervalue on the quays in dublin 2 always overcharges or has misleading pricing

discount price below one item when really the discounted item is the item on the left of the discount sign

its blatently obvious theyre doing it once u know the scam

most people dont though

Yes I have to agree I found them particularly bad:mad:

Even if they are all franchises it is strange that the wrong pricing is such a consistent feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

wow my local super valu is great!I think the dunnes in kilnamanagh are terrible for this.i do my weekly shop there and my smaller shops in supervalu and dunnes has always overcharged me on stuff and they never ever apologise for it,always make out that its your fault or 'out of their hands'.if supervalu is a franchise i guess some are good and others bad but my one is great, always friendly staff and rarely get mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Zorbas

Have been overcharged on the special offers three times now from SuperValu store in Bantry.
    Manager not very bothered and says we need to check our receipts.
    now isnt that nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

My local Supervalu's prices are some 20% above those of Dunnes, Tesco and Aldi.
    For years, my local shop had a Team of Long serving staff. Then within 6 months they were all gone and replaced by "international" Staff.
    I guess this cost the shop owner in the long run.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfgbgbeyaukf/rss2/

It is also interesting to note that most of the Hugh McKeown (Chairman) and the Musgrave family are now resident in Switzerland for Tax purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a two year old thread.

Closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement