Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about Eggers?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I don't know why the **** this is happening but my mum is very distraught over it and I'd rather not see her in this state. I live in Donaghmede, behind the shopping centre and a group of grown men keep pulling up to our house in a silver Peuguot, getting out, throwing eggs at our house and speeding off.

The thing about it is we never actually know they've done it until the next day usually, since my mum is usually at the back of the house with the television on and I'm at the front with music on, but the other night I heard the egg hit my bedroom window. Got to the window fast enough to see the car speed off but couldn't get a registration. We know these are the same people as before since a neighbour gave us a similar description of the car before.

We don't know why they're doing this. It's not at random since they just keep coming back to our house and none of the other houses on the road get egged like ours. We don't have any enemies as such and don't really associate with other people in the area, just keep to ourselves. I want to report it to the Guards but I fear there's not much we can go on with just a vague description.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Unless you or the Gardai see them throwing items at your house I'm afraid there isnt a whole lot that can be done.Having said that report it to the Gardai in person anyway.Make sure you get the the name of the Garda you speak to and get the number of the station on speedial.So the next time it happens you can get them asap.Try your best to get a reg.Give the Gardai a fighting chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Keep a log of when each incident happens & report it to the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

put a note outside saying "check the address. I don't think this is the house you're trying to egg?" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Buy a little camcorder, or cctv camera, and record what happens. Then give it to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

This is on the rise recently. Every time i go to work in the mornings the paths to be covered in eggs from the night before. I think its a really cowardly thing to do.

I was walking home once from a gig and was in my area just after getting off a bus. Car drives by and sure enough me and two mates got hit (not badly mind) by 2/3 eggs.

Turn the corner about five minutes later and the car is parked outside the local chipper. your probably asking did we do anything...

Well we didnt have to. :D

Sure enough theyd egged some other lads on their way there, and stupidly stopped so nearby they were now on the receiving end of a good hiding. One of the older lads took their stash of eggs out of the car and pelted them onto the scumbags absolutely covering them head to toe. We stood and watched 'egging' them on. Good old karma.

But yeah, as for your problem, how regular has it happened? Anyone else reported it? Maybe other victims have got more details than you regarding car/reg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Brow wrote: »
    But yeah, as for your problem, how regular has it happened? Anyone else reported it? Maybe other victims have got more details than you regarding car/reg?

If only karma would go around my area. It's happened on several occassions over the past 2/3 weeks. Nobody else has reported it because we're the only target on the entire road, that's what's baffling me at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Not another case of Drive-By Eggings...

You need to hatch a plan, lay a trap and then eggsact your revenge...

Not another case of Drive-By Eggings...

You need to hatch a plan, lay a trap and then eggsact your revenge...

I appreciate your concern but I think we should leave the egg-cessively bad jokes for After Hours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Stand up to these thugs through the medium of song! I suggest "We shell not, we shell not be moved."

OP - Apologies for the gag. I'm aware that this is a distressing state of affairs. Like I said earlier - the Gardaí are your best bet. Be sure to ask your neighbours to keep an eye out too.

I appreciate your concern but I think we should leave the egg-cessively bad jokes for After Hours. :pac:

I'm sorry, that was a really bad yolk...

• Advertisement

*Sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Paulw wrote: »
    Buy a little camcorder, or cctv camera, and record what happens.
    Yeah that's my thinking on it too.
    If you can get a camera shooting at high enough quality and at a good enough angle to catch the reg plate, you could leave it hooked up to a PC (firewire + windows movie maker, etc.) and have it recording all night to the harddrive... though you'd want a fair bit of harddrive space.

Sorry OP, but all yolking aside...

I find it hard to believe that this group would repeatedly target your house
    alone.

Surely it's a possibility that someone in your household has annoyed someone.
    Are either of your parents teachers or perhaps in some position of
    authority?
    It could be something as simple as your Ma accidentaly cut them
    off in the car and they spotted it in your drive.

If there really is no motive then all I can think of is that it's a case
    of mistaken identidy, that they've identified the wrong house
    or spotted the wrong car in the drive.

I know how these types usually operate and I'd be very doubtful
    if they are persistantly targetting your house for no reason.

If you want any advice on cameras PM me.
    You can setup a wireless system that connects into your TV / VCR easy enough for a relatively low cost.
    Or better use a wired camera if that's feasible.

Anyhow, hope they go away and leave you alone...

Advertisement