Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest estate in Newbridge?!?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

thought the thread about Leixlip Estates was interesting so thought I'd start one about Newbridge.....any opinions!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Liffey Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd say one of the nicest would be walshestown abbey/park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I like both estates mentioned above but I'd have to go for Liffey Hall. Just the right distance for walking into town. I think Walshestown is that bit far to walk into town but it is a closer walk into the Curragh.
    And I live in Liffey Hall too so I suppose I'm a bit biased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Niall F wrote: »
    And I live in Liffey Hall too so I suppose I'm a bit biased

yep, just 15 minutes brisk walk from my house to the Whitewater Cutlery Road entrance.

Tesco isn't much further [walking distance] if you take the short cut and come out by the adjoining cul de sac.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Kilbelin Abbey , although I may be biased towards this estate :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

im from maynooth so there is no baised in my views!!

i think allenview heights or something like that?? i cant remember but thats where my cousins live!!!

There is an estate called Allenview Heights up near the train station. A few estates seemed to spring up there very quickly. Don't really like that side of town though myself. But to be fair there's nothing bad I can say about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Oddly enough I think the top end of the town, Allenview, Lakeside etc. is the oldest part of the town. Though I personally prefer the bottom of the town.

However, I'm stuck up the top of the town, in the Morristown area. Quite a few estates have appeared out by Sarsfields and just off Blackberry lane which are also quite nice.

You could well be right. I don't really know to be honest with you. I never seem to have any need to go beyond Main St. If I'm driving, I very rarely head out that way anyway. I must try and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Roseberry Hill is also very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

guil wrote: »
    i'd say one of the nicest would be walshestown abbey/park

DITTO

Although Kilbelin estate have lovely houses

Advertisement