Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia software updater not showing the latest firmware for my phone

• 02-04-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my Nokia. I've checked by entering the code on the back of the handset and found the latest FW is 6.6. On the phone I have 4.2. Nokia software checks but still tells me 4.2 is the latest. It offers and option to "click here" but that just takes me to the updater download page.

Is there anyway to manually point it to a FW file that I could download?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Damien360

If it is a vendor phone (vodafone brand bought etc.) then the firmware is differnet. My E51 vodafone is on fw 200.... and the latest is 300... acccording to the web. Phone updater will not update it. You can use an application called nemisis (nss.exe) to write a new firmware code to your nokia and de-brand it. When you run the updater again the phone will update to latest.

A word of warning. I did this with a E51 and killed it. Updated fine but when I went to re-load all my backed up contacts etc. it died. Phone returned for a replacement. Pretty sure I was dumb enough to re-load the phone specific backup and of course that was probably not compatible with the new firmware.

Thread carefully if you go down this route.

Linky on how to do this here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055527546

Advertisement