Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys WAG160N

• 02-04-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭

Ok..upgrade my router for this one as the eircom one is a pile of **** for vpn and downloads from live.
    So I've just spent the last 3 hours ripping my hair out..no way will my xbox 360 detect it.
    It's not operating in N mode only..as my itouch/ps3/pc..the goddamn microwave can all see and detect it...except for the 360.
    I've tried everything at this stage to enabling MAC addressing and using the adapter's mac addres to no avail.
    I know the 360 works with it as other people are quiet happy with it so whytf is it not working me :mad:
    Also done a firmware upgrade to latest version..still no joy..not a problem with the wireless adapter as the xbox is now happily connected to the eircom router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

what happens if you manually assign the ssid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

absolutely nothing..I'm using WPA2 security but it doesn't allow me to select this option in the xbox...
    might give the wpa a shot and see how it goes..

update:whaddya know..it bloody works..stupid router..
    wpa2 works fine on the eircom router so why not this one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

try disabling security for a minute or two to see if it works and work from there i'd say

thanks..got it working though..posted the same time as you :D

and those whoever have the problem again .

apparently the xbox adapter does not support wpa2..hmm i must have been mistaken..goddamnit..3 bloody hours wasted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Ha Ha, I feel for your pain Matthew. Replaced my router with a Linksys on Tuesday and had the same problem as yourself, rebooted both the router and 360 and it wouldn't detect it no matter what.
    When messing around with the 360 to manaully assign the SSID I noticed that WPA2 wasn't there in one of the settings but I had to go and never looked into it any further.

But thinking about it afterwards I thought it may not support WPA2. However like yourself I would have put money on it that that's what I was using on my old router ! It must have been WEP2 but I still have my doubts.

Just spotted this on Microsofts website
    Some copies of the instruction manual for the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter state that the adapter is compatible with the WPA2 security standard. At this time the adapter works only with WPA and WEP security.

Only that I'm a laqzy git I'd set up my old router again to see what the hell I was using. Either both myself and you are nuts or Eircoms router is dodgy in saying that it's using WPA2 but doesn't acually implement the WPA2 protocol correctly.

• Advertisement

yeah..the weird thing was when I was manually entering SSID into the xbox for the sercurity option wpa2 was there but was greyed out.
    I'll definitely have to check out the eircom router specs to see..ah well..at least it's working now..and I'm getting fifa games finally on my ps3.

Advertisement