Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed...

• 02-04-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have had a crush on this girl I met for the past month or so. The thing is I know its a crush because I have never spoken to her or anything but for some reason I really like her and keep thinking about her?? I don't know why to be honest. She is jsut about in my league if you know what I mean. So it could happen.

I'm going out at the weekend and she will be there. I want to ask for her number etc but I'm not sure I will have the balls as it will more than likely be in front of her and my mates.
    And if Im rejected I will be really gutted.

A mate sort of asked her for me a while back. Didnt work out but I think if I do it it might be different (hopefully!).

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

Be your own man and stop worrying about mates or depending on them to do anyhing for you.

Just ask and whats the worst that can happen?You have everything to gain.

I dont see why your mates have to be in earshot and know everything about your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You haven't even spoken to her? So how do you know you even WANT her number? She could be a complete twat.. Weird that you are asking how to get her number rather then how to talk to her.

Just go up and talk to her, you have nothing to lose.

Sounds like your gonna be nervous when your at the pub/party waiting to get a glimpse of her.
    Your gonna have to hit that often unatainable optimum drunkiness where your not pissed but your over the nerves, only then....
    is it time for the hips to start movin to the music, for the feet to start movin', for the smile to develop on your face ........the Zone!
    Now get out there my man and do your thang!!!
    She'll fall at your feet, and if she doesnt...hey, shes probaby a prude.
    Besta luck Champ!

I went out last night. Mates were busy so is was just me. I wemt with the sole purpose of talking to her.

I ****ed about for ages but I just didnt have the courage to do it. I don't know why I like her but I just do. I cant help how I feel.

I am gutted and really depressed. I'm normally so outgoing but I just froze.
    And I normally don't have problems chatting up girls, but there is less pressure.

What happened my last post??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What happened my last post??
    Apologies, unregistered posts need to be approved by a moderator.

I keep thinking about her and it depresses me all the time.
    I get the feeling if I chat to her we might click, but I don't know how to approach her and I'm in fear of rejection.

Lend me your wisdom please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Polleta

It happens to everyone at some stage. If you give the girl enough hints she might just ask you out. Well this is what I did with the guy I'm seeing now cos I felt if I didn't we'd never go out. Granted it has been on the cards for 6 months now and we have kissed on a night out so both knew there was something there.

What Im trying to say is try not to be intimidated by the situation or you'll get nowhere! Go for it next time and you won't have to regret it again!

Best of luck! :)

I won't make the same mistake twice. I've been very depressed about this for a few days and I won't let it happen again.
    I'd rather she says no, than not asking her. I hope this is the right attitude.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Only 11 more days until d-day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Polleta

It is definitely the right attitude. So what's the worst that can happen she can say no and you can be a it down but ultimately move on and let go of the obsession. And the best that can happen.. well that one goes without saying!

Best of luck. It will work out for ya either way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Just remember not to feel that you have to over compensate or woo the girl the first time you meet her.

Just treat her as an everyday light meeting with a stranger.

You don't have to do everything in one moment.

Talk about the general boring things that everyone else does, don't try and be super smart or hilarious.

After the initial bland convrsation, I'm sure your real personality will come through gradually.

Your not a machine and neither is she, so don't force it, it'll only make you nervous.

Advertisement