Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com taking their sweet @SS time!

Options
  • 02-04-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I ordered a DVD on Play.com on Tueday and the order has been in packaging for the last 24hrs,
    Does anyone Know how long it takes to pack something, nealy ay website iv used usually has the parcel despatched the next day?

i ordered from play before and it said order recieved for 4 days, just cancelled it in the end!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Packaging could include the cost being authorised from your card too. Apart from one time at Christmas, have never had any problems with Play personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ANything thing I have ever ordered has usually taken about 10 working days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

For me, takes 7-8 days usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

For me, takes 7-8 days usually.
    calex71 wrote: »
    ANything thing I have ever ordered has usually taken about 10 working days to arrive.

Thats a joke!!!!!
    Iv never had to wait that long on a purchase from the UK, i even usually get things from the USA quicker than that,
    Usually things when i order the goods are despatched next day and takes 2 to 3 days in transit!!

WHy does it take so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I ordered 4 items on Wednesday, two were posted today (Thursday), and the other 2 are still in status "packing". I just assume that they don't have everything sitting in a single warehouse, and that some warehouses are busier than others.

The email saying that my orders have been posted says:

Your order for xxx has been posted.
    Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.
    Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

To be honest if I'm in a major rush for something, I go to a shop. If I'm not too fussed about when it arrives, I order online. The likelihood is that the first two items will turn up tomorrow, but if it's next week it's not a big deal for me. I'm vaguely assuming that the other two will turn up by the end of next week, but it's not an issue if they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hogzy wrote: »

They're busy. There's a backlog. Out of stock. You're not a priority. Take your pick, there could be any number of reasons.

I buy from Asda now. They're cheaper, it's really free delivery, you can pay in Sterling, they're cheaper, deliveries usually take less than a week, and did I mention they're cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hogzy wrote: »
    Thats a joke!!!!!
    Iv never had to wait that long on a purchase from the UK, i even usually get things from the USA quicker than that,
    Usually things when i order the goods are despatched next day and takes 2 to 3 days in transit!!

They don't ship all items from Jersey. Depending on what it is, it comes from Sweden & Luxembourg or Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I've been buying from Play for years, usually takes between 3 and 5 days for stuff to get to me, longer if a weekend gets in the way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Play takes 4 days max usually for me to be delivered an all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I ordered the Alien Quadrilogy for €10, Asda dont even have it and iv they did it wouldnt be cheaper than a tenner...

As regards a backlog im sure every other websites have backlogs but iv never experienced this long a wait, its still in packing like, think ill just cancel it, never again am i ordering from play, they are sh!t

• Advertisement

I'm sorry OP but complaining about a 24 packing status is a joke. I've often had ASDA and send it take far longer to deliver items, in fact a DVD which was released ont eh 20th of March and I preordered off of sendit in January has yet to be dispatched. I'm not emailing them complaining as I understand that sometimes deliveries can be late getting to them.

I ordered 2 CDs off of play yesterday and one said it would be 2-5 days before it was dispatched whereas the other one was posted out yesterday evening. You ordered the DVD during their big sale which saw most items on sale go out of stock in record time. A bit of patience never hurt anyone OP.

Advertisement