Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee table albums for wedding clients

• 02-04-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm changing around my selection of albums for offering to wedding clients. I want to offer a good quality coffee table album with printed pages (not photographic paper), like a book you would buy at the shop. I want something sold to professional photographers, not something like Blurb or Photobox.
    I saw examples at Photofest by Loxely and Sim2000 that I was interested in. Loxely's prices are a lot better, but Sim2000 uses 200gsm paper while loxely uses 170gsm.

Has anyone used these two books and can tell me positives or negatives about them? How do they sell in comparison to albums with photographic paper and card pages?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I've looked at loads of options for these books and above all the rest my favorites are

www.couturebook.com : I love these. I've ordered a few of them and they are simply way above the rest on quality. Hand made, hand bound (real book binding - not "perfect binding" used by everyone else. The prices are high, but but product is very good.

www.asukabook.com : I get about 70% of my books from them. Better quality and choice than both sim2000 and loxely. They use 100lb weight (around 260-270gsm). The coated papers are worth the extra $$. They've just launched with their own design software. Not sure how it works (mac version not released yet - typical). New 6 colour printing is very good.

I offer 3 album types. In order of popularity they are :

1) coffee table magazine style albums (high and low cost)
    2) flush mounted story book style albums
    3) contemporary mounted album

Hardly anyone seems interested in the mounted albums these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

Thank you! I thought Asuka Book was only available in the US, but I've registered on their European website. I LOVE the Couture Book! It's the first time I've heard of them. I have registered with them as well.

They definitely look more unique and of better quality than Sim2000 or Loxely.

By the way, the books on your standard package on your website, are they the Asuka or Couture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

no problem - glad to help.

The standard album I offer is an 80 page EX from Asuka. Asuka have just made some changes to their books. 80 pages used to be the max, now they offer 100 pages as the max.

I think from a business perspective 80 pages is probably too much to offer as a starter, I get between 130-150 images into it. 40-50 pages would be a better place to start, then offer 10 pages for another 100eur or something. I need to sit down and work it out for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

eas wrote: »
    The standard album I offer is an 80 page EX from Asuka. Asuka have just made some changes to their books. 80 pages used to be the max, now they offer 100 pages as the max.

Super info eas, thanks.

Can you tell me how much Asuka charge for that, PM me if you like.

Advertisement