Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immersion heater

Options
  • 02-04-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

The immersion heater in my copper cylinder is not working. There is power to the switch. There is power to the connection on top of the cylinder i.e., the switch is turning on and off the juice. I have checked this. The LED on the dual switch is not lighting. Any one any ideas? All help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

sounds like either the thermostat or the element,if its the stat you might be able to replace just the stat but if its the element the whole immersion will have to be replaced,follow the power and see where it stops,
    switch->stat->element(both sides)
    sometimes stats have a reset button which can be pressed with a pin so check that first

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Thanks for your reply. I disconnected the switch and replaced the blown LED and the little thingy it was attached to with a spare I had from another switch. And it actually works. Can you explain to me how this stopped the immersion from working? I always thought the LED was just an indicator.

Advertisement