Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

you can play with us if you like? have you played before? Were in the beginners league anyways if you havent

Registration is €40...its what we've all put in and this included getting us some tags for training and some team t-shirts/jerseys!

were training tomorrow evening (and mondays) in renmore at 6.30 and the matches start thursday week 21st in dangan

were also have a few drinks tomorrow night after training so you'd be joining just on time to get to know everyone better!

there is also a forum on the IRFU site you can look for teams if our times and locations dont suit you
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Hi, thats great would love to join ye. Havent played before so beginner also. Could go trainin tomoro eve, where in renmore do ye train?

fifib wrote: »
    you can play with us if you like? have you played before? Were in the beginners league anyways if you havent

Registration is €40...its what we've all put in and this included getting us some tags for training and some team t-shirts/jerseys!

were training tomorrow evening (and mondays) in renmore at 6.30 and the matches start thursday week 21st in dangan

were also have a few drinks tomorrow night after training so you'd be joining just on time to get to know everyone better!

there is also a forum on the IRFU site you can look for teams if our times and locations dont suit you
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Dermot' wrote: »
    Hi, thats great would love to join ye. Havent played before so beginner also. Could go trainin tomoro eve, where in renmore do ye train?

We train on the pitches opposite the church beside Scoil Caitriona. Erm, we don't look particularly odd, so I guess you'll have to ask until you find us! I'll be wearing a blue and navy striped leinster jersey if that helps!?

See ya tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Are we training in Mervue or Renmore tomorrow? I missed Monday so I don't know how you all got on with the change of venue.

malice_ wrote: »
    Are we training in Mervue or Renmore tomorrow? I missed Monday so I don't know how you all got on with the change of venue.

We were run off with pitchforks and torches... back to Renmore from now on :pac:

• Advertisement

We were run off with pitchforks and torches... back to Renmore from now on :pac:
    Thanks for the info, I'll see you all in Renmore later.

Hope the mob wasn't as bad as this: ;)
    simpsons_mob_torches.jpg

i cant make training this eve sorry been ordered to rest my leg and let it heal properly
    doesnt stop me from drinking tho :D
    is it bar 8 so for tonight?

fifib wrote: »
    is it bar 8 so for tonight?
    I think that's fine with everyone (at least no one has objected ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Great, see ye dis eve, by the way whats the name of your team just so i know who im looking for...

Thanks

We train on the pitches opposite the church beside Scoil Caitriona. Erm, we don't look particularly odd, so I guess you'll have to ask until you find us! I'll be wearing a blue and navy striped leinster jersey if that helps!?

See ya tomorrow!

Team name is Now Ye're Taggin'

Or you can just ask 'are you the internet?' until someone doesn't look at you funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Rosym

hi gang
    On orders to rest my leg too tonight! All crocked!
    But will def be on for pints!
    See you later- will be back monday for training
    Rosy

Team name is Now Ye're Taggin'

Or you can just ask 'are you the internet?' until someone doesn't look at you funny
    :D I think that's all part of the fun. You haven't lived until you've approached a group of strangers and asked them if they're the guys from the Internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

ok so 15 people have already registered

the new guy who played on Monday i assume wants to register and there is also the girl i spoke to who said she wants to register, that makes 17 plus dermot = 18, this doesn't even include chris's friend-i am not sure if he wants to register or not
    (by the way can we have a quick reminder of everyone's names at training?)

anyway if dermot and the two i have already mentioned do register (40 euros) that covers t-shirt completely and even leaves about 25 euros left over....is everybody ok with a squad of 18? it would mean that up to three people may not even be involved as a replacement every week, let me know what you think.

So, does anyone want to bet when today's weather will change for the worse? I'm going to guess that it will be raining by 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Have you guys heard anything from IRFU about fixtures for this week i.e. what time your game is on? Don't think our team has heard anything yet and nothing up on the website, although thats nothing new!

BTW, for some of you who haven't played in Dangan before, as the weather warms up (hehe, yeah right I hear you say) there are a few mosquitos in Dangan, I got badly bitten last year and so did a few others I know. Jungle formula FTW!

(Yes I know the difference between midges and mozzies and these were def not midges!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Zzippy wrote: »
    Have you guys heard anything from IRFU about fixtures for this week i.e. what time your game is on? Don't think our team has heard anything yet and nothing up on the website, although thats nothing new!

BTW, for some of you who haven't played in Dangan before, as the weather warms up (hehe, yeah right I hear you say) there are a few mosquitos in Dangan, I got badly bitten last year and so did a few others I know. Jungle formula FTW!

(Yes I know the difference between midges and mozzies and these were def not midges!)
    We've heard nothing so far.

I could forgive them for being disorganised last year as it was the first year at Dangan and there were a lot of late entrants who missed out on Corinthians but this is taking the piss.

Insects up there can be brutal all right.

Zzippy wrote: »
    BTW, for some of you who haven't played in Dangan before, as the weather warms up (hehe, yeah right I hear you say) there are a few mosquitos in Dangan, I got badly bitten last year and so did a few others I know.
    Thanks for the heads-up, I'll make sure I'm prepared!

Robbo wrote: »
    We've heard nothing so far.

I could forgive them for being disorganised last year as it was the first year at Dangan and there were a lot of late entrants who missed out on Corinthians but this is taking the piss.

Insects up there can be brutal all right.

Well they were a bit disorganised but not too bad, had a couple of friendly games before the league proper started, and we knew a week in advance what time we'd be playing our first match, but you're right, this is taking the piss!

Hope they have enough refs this year!

woohooo! were 4th already! well done guys :pac: we should celebrate!!

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/15369_16121.php?includeref=16121tables&season=2008-2009&comp=2152&stage=100022&round=1

Were up 8pm playing "Here for beer again"

finally they get the info up there, so the game starts at 8pm, i suggest we get there a bit earlier for a warm-up, throwing the balls around etc., we are playing "here for beer again", it looks good as they sound like a bunch of alcos....anyway I'm sure it'll be fun, i'll have a look around for that piece of paper tonight (with your e-mail address/phone numbers) and email everybody if i can find it (i should have taken malice up on his secretarial offer), the people who haven't registered please bring your 40 euro cash on thursday, i'll also give miss ka the money for the t-shirts on thursday and also we will have to give the names of our squad

let anybody you know on the team about the starting time and we should be fine...maybe 14/15 will show up, i think paraic and fiona said they were out....as for team selection anybody who shows up will play, we will interchange ( and interchange back again) when people get tired so feel free to run your legs off knowing someone is ready to replace you, of course it's nice to win but i think the most important thing is that everybody gets involved and we try to learn the rules properly (finally having a ref should be interesting)

• Advertisement

Great to see the progress made with the fixtures!

I'm going to have to pull out of Thursday's game. My sports goggles have disappeared off into the ether and will take a few days to be replaced. Also, I'm on holiday from this Friday (May 22nd) through to May 31st so the next game I'll be available for is the one on June 4th.

Out of curiousity will we be training on June 1st as it's a Bank Holiday?

im available on thursday to play

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Good stuff.

I'll be up there at about 7:15.

BTW, did someone put tracksuit pants into my bag last night? I've inherited a set of navy Nike ones that sure as hell aren't mine.

They look about "lady-sized"...

Good stuff.

BTW, did someone put tracksuit pants into my bag last night? I've inherited a set of navy Nike ones that sure as hell aren't mine.

that would be non-blonde ann-marie

Nathan251 wrote: »
    i'll have a look around for that piece of paper tonight (with your e-mail address/phone numbers) and email everybody if i can find it (i should have taken malice up on his secretarial offer),
    If you can't find it then we can just get names and contact details again on Thursday. I'll bring a pen and paper down to Dangan. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get everything down again. We can make it look like we're discussing tactics and freak out the opposition that way :).

Good stuff.

Did she leave a phone number with them??? ;);)

Good luck for the season guys, just saw the fixtures and we're not in your group, would have been nice to come up against ye!

hey guys
    anyone know is there a "no boots no game" policy with playing tonight??
    my cars been in garage all week and guess where my boots are! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

While we're on the topic of boots, do they have to plastic studs as I didnt get around to picking up some yet?

Hey Ms. Ka,

I don't think it matters if they are plastic or metal. I personally find the boots with the studs that are moulded on are better than the screw ins, cause you can lose the screw ins and have to buy more.

Robbo,

Would you mind maybe posting some directions for where we park, and where we go after that?

I'll head down around 7:15 aswell.

• Advertisement

Map

Park up either at the clubhouse or around the hockey pitch.
    2.6 A player must not wear any item that is contaminated by blood. A player must not wear any item that is sharp or abrasive. A player must not wear any items containing buckles, clips, rings, hinges, zippers, screws, bolts or rigid material or projection not otherwise permitted under this law. A player must not wear jewellery such as rings or earrings. A player must not wear gloves. A player must not wear any item that is normally permitted by Law, but, in the referee’s opinion that is liable to cause injury to a player. A player must not wear a single stud at the toe of the boot.
    Nothing about nylon studs although James Bond villain devices appear to be right out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement