Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Robbo wrote: »
    A spirited defensive performance gave the Untouchables no opportunity to gain a foothold between the extensive and informative missives on the rules from the referee.

Well done guys. Sounds like ye had the same referee we did afterwards - not sure if he's a ref or a coach!
    16-13 win for us... see ye in the final ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

well done on the win guys!
    sorry i couldnt make it in the end. how did the celebrations go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Cheers Zzippy... well done yourselves!

Good crack now fifi, you should have come out!

By the way, for his epic performance, including about 4 tags in a row at one point, and 2 tries, chrussell was nominated man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

would be nice to see where we are in the league. Dangan seem to be a bit of a disaster for organisation!! hopefully they will upload the results soon!

did i see ye played the untouchables?
    whats all this about then??
    28/05/2009 19:15 Pack of Flankers v The Untouchables

congrats chrussel on man of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mise19

does any team need an extra player?! i'd love to give it a go, my friends were supposed to be organising a team but never got round to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 corri love

God today is a tough day after last nights celebrations!!! Good craic though. Nathan, get email address i cant work the bloody board thing!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

fifib wrote: »
    would be nice to see where we are in the league. Dangan seem to be a bit of a disaster for organisation!! hopefully they will upload the results soon!

did i see ye played the untouchables?
    whats all this about then??
    28/05/2009 19:15 Pack of Flankers v The Untouchables

congrats chrussel on man of the match

I think it was Dangan Berries, For some reason their name is not appearing on the fixtures list so I'm presuming it was them.

Ditto on the sore head, I had a 6am start so not been the easiest of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

corri love wrote: »
    God today is a tough day after last nights celebrations!!! Good craic though. Nathan, get email address i cant work the bloody board thing!!!!!

you've worked it fine, nice username by the way, i hope nobody is hovering behind you while you are surfing the net at work-tut tut

but if we do want to create a team mailing list then I guess we can wait for our secretary malice to return from hols in boston next week, so paper and pen at next training might be the solution

mise19 wrote: »
    does any team need an extra player?! i'd love to give it a go, my friends were supposed to be organising a team but never got round to it

we've plenty of players at the moment but definitely you should come along on thursday night to daingean, one team was crying out for players last night and couldn't play as they didn't have enough so I'm sure you'll get your game somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

By the way, for his epic performance, including about 4 tags in a row at one point, and 2 tries, chrussell was nominated man of the match.

Hey Hey!! Thanks guys, I'll pick up my bottle of champagne off you at training :) Great performance all round guys, glad we got off the mark, looking forward to our next game. Are we training this tuesday????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hey guys, I'm back from my holiday. I won't bore you with any gory details here, suffice to say that the quality, quantity and affordability of seafood in Boston absoutely trounces the offerings from Galway!

Glad to hear you got off the mark with a win in the second game. How did they compare to the guys from the first night? Was there much of a gap in quality?
    Nathan251 wrote:
    but if we do want to create a team mailing list then I guess we can wait for our secretary malice to return from hols in boston next week, so paper and pen at next training might be the solution
    Yeah, sorry about that, I completely forgot to bring pen and paper to the first game :o. I assume you didn't find the list from the very first meeting?

Assuming we've a game this Thursday or if there's training tonight (Tuesday) I'll bring some writing implements along.

training at 6.30 in Renmore today-don't know if paraic or seamus can take the session??

I also need a favour, I have the tags and tag shorts with me but forgot to bring a t-shirt, If i go back home to get one i'll be very late so if anyone has a spare t-shirt please bring it along and i'll wear it

Nathan251 wrote: »
    training at 6.30 in Renmore today-don't know if paraic or seamus can take the session??

I also need a favour, I have the tags and tag shorts with me but forgot to bring a t-shirt, If i go back home to get one i'll be very late so if anyone has a spare t-shirt please bring it along and i'll wear it
    I'm sure I can find a spare t-shirt for you. Do you have a particular colour preference? :P

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm sure I can find a spare t-shirt for you. Do you have a particular colour preference? :P

cheers for that-you may choose the colour

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

Hey Lads,

I wont be around for training and matches for a few weeks as I will be off enjoying myself. Good luck in the next few matches.:D

Can someone please post up the time of the match tomorrow, I can't find it!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Hey guys,

Not going to make tomorrows game unfortunately; football commitments again!!
    Might make it in to town after for a few lucosades if ye're out. Depending on what time i'm back.

Best of luck anyway

Can someone please post up the time of the match tomorrow, I can't find it!

Thanks!
    I assume this is the site?

I can't find the continuation of the fixture list either :(. I guess if we don't get confirmation on the time we should probably just show up in time for the 7:15pm slot. It's probably better to be early rather than late!

no worries paraic!

Maybe Nathan or Fifi could email them to find out and post up the time here tomorrow?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Looks like we're playing Cuba Crusaders at 8.

Meet up about 7:20 then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ToonTragedy

are you guys looking for players by any chance? i know it's late on but I'd love to get involved in a team. I'm 23, played rugby at school and uni. moved down to galway in september and been meaning to get involved in physical exercise activity, laziness has taken me until June. let me know if you guys have space on the team or if you know any other team who needs players. I'm male btw

Hi Toon,

as was posted earlier, last week there were a couple of teams in Dangan that couldn't play because they hadn't got enough players. Maybe head down there tomorrow at about 7 and see if anyone needs players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I can't wait to play Cuba crusaders.. I know one or two or their players :) Quick question, are there any extra t-shirts knocking around??? I havent got one :(

Robbo wrote: »
    Looks like we're playing Cuba Crusaders at 8.

Meet up about 7:20 then.
    Well spotted, 7:20 it is then!
    chrussell wrote: »
    Quick question, are there any extra t-shirts knocking around??? I havent got one :(
    I haven't got one either :o. Hopefully there will be enough to go around.

15 t-shirts were ordered (which is supposed to be the maximum size of a squad on a matchday)...if you don't have one just wear something dark/navy

we are playing cuba at 8pm, the fixtures for the rest of the season are up, in the drop-down menu just click on the "pool" option and you'll see all the fixtures

anyway see youz later, hopefully we have acclimatised to the hot weather conditions after training on tuesday and won't be all irritable and lethargic like we were on tuesday :D

I'm coming straight from work so I fully intend to be irritable. I'll try to take it out on the opposition though :).

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm coming straight from work so I fully intend to be irritable. I'll try to take it out on the opposition though :).

just don't forget to bring the 3 inch razor sharp studs

Nathan251 wrote: »
    just don't forget to bring the 3 inch razor sharp studs
    I think 3 inch razor sharp studs are against the rules. I may have to downsize to the smaller 1.5 inch variety ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 corri love

My head! this is happening too regularly every friday is like hell! I think i am going to have to join pauric on the old soft drinks!!!

• Advertisement

you gotta at least admire our consistency, hammered on the pitch and then hammered off it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement