Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sorry I didn't make it in guys. Sounds like you all had a good time anyway. I'm sure I'll get the gory details on Monday ;).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You horrible people for buying me shots. My head hurts a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

But at least it was the best birthday ever...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Glad the sorrows were properly drowned... sorry I couldn't make it, but duty calls tonight!

Happy Birthday Robbo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Happy Birthday Robbo.... sorry I couldnt hang around but as popebuckfast said duty called! My head hurts this morning though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

What time is the match at? I'm not going :( but diana and dermot have been wondering and they're not on boards, and none of us can figure out the tag website... cried laughing watching the youtube vid chris or padraic recommended (can't remem which of you suggested it). Best of luck tomorrow everyone!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

We're playing the Vikings at 19:15.

They're below us in the league, although they did draw with Pamplemousse last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

I've a match at home tomorrpw night so wont make the game unfortunately

Best of luck anyway.

PS. for anyone who hasn't seen it yet heres the link to some typical athlone characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8C7ZTbsF-E

amz5 wrote: »
    What time is the match at? I'm not going :( but diana and dermot have been wondering and they're not on boards, and none of us can figure out the tag website... cried laughing watching the youtube vid chris or padraic recommended (can't remem which of you suggested it). Best of luck tomorrow everyone!!
    Have a look here for the fixtures. Scroll down to the league table and make sure the drop down list says "Mixed Social Leagues - Group Two". Our fixtures should appear then.

In case anyone else is wondering, here's the famous Athlone video (with subtitles :) ):

Thanks for that Paraic, my friends were just plannin a weekend in Athlone for later this month..maybe we'll go someplace classier!!!:D
    See ye all at the match tmrw!!

• Advertisement

Hey guys, my ankle is still being a dick so I'll come along and watch tomorrow. I'll bring my t-shirt, so someone else can kit up...

Hey guys, my ankle is still being a dick so I'll come along and watch tomorrow. I'll bring my t-shirt, so someone else can kit up...
    That's grand, as long as it's washed of course ;).

I'm still feeling the effects of Monday's training but I should be capable of running around a bit later today. I'm also hoping to have the new goggles by then. Being able to see what's going on while playing should help :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

bloody hell....looks like we're down to the bare minimum for this game, i'm not actually feeling the best myself, i couldn't go to training this monday because I had to meet a friend of mine from america and basically we've been on the lash all week, don't know what state i'll be in but i'll be there

Nathan251 wrote: »
    bloody hell....looks like we're down to the bare minimum for this game, i'm not actually feeling the best myself, i couldn't go to training this monday because I had to meet a friend of mine from america and basically we've been on the lash all week, don't know what state i'll be in but i'll be there
    As long as we get a decent turn out in the pub afterwards we should be fine ;).

The team we're playing tonight are bottom of the league, we should have a really good shot against them, even missing a couple of players.

Hopefully that trip to the pub will be a celebration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Sorry guys, Thought I was going to get finished work in time but no such luck.

Hope ye win tonight all the same

Aran tournament

Thought I'd put this up here cos not everybody is on the email list. Another team asked us if we were interested in this tournament on the 27th June. I checked a few places for accommodation but most places booked out cos of that festival thats on.
    Theres another beach tag weekend on in Enniscrone first wkend in August..might be another option..

Thursday's fixures are up. We are playing The Untouchables at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

but we've played the untouchables alreayd, in fact they are the only team we have beaten (in spite of the fact the website has awarded us a win for last weeks game-maybe they were doping)

I'm probably going to be on holidays for the aran islands thing so can't commit to that

also out of curiousity i checked how the team "lock, stock and two smoking farrells" are doing in their beginners league in corinthians and they are top with four wins out of four (a team we beat well at training this week). It looks like the grading in corinthians is definitely fairer than it is in our league

Nathan251 wrote: »
    but we've played the untouchables alreayd, in fact they are the only team we have beaten (in spite of the fact the website has awarded us a win for last weeks game-maybe they were doping)
    Maybe we play each team twice?
    Nathan251 wrote:
    also out of curiousity i checked how the team "lock, stock and two smoking farrells" are doing in their beginners league in corinthians and they are top with four wins out of four (a team we beat well at training this week). It looks like the grading in corinthians is definitely fairer than it is in our league
    It's probably all my fault. When I'm not there we win and when I am there we lose :P.

• Advertisement

Yeah we should get our asses into Corinthians early next year.

We played 'The Untouchables' before because both our oppositions had failed to show that week. I'd say we'll either end up playing the opposition that was missing that week, or maybe have a friendly scrim against the Untouchables.

You definitely don't play each team twice.

I'm at a wedding the weekend of the Aran tournament...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

corinthians are far from the best
    corinthians would not even give u hot water to have a shower
    i know it is hard to supply hot water for such numbers but last week we played first game and water was cold this week we played second game and water cold
    wake up corinthians as players need better standard and it is being talked about how standard have fall since last year and that one thig counts to you and that is MONEY

We're doing quite well according to the league table. ;)

P Name Pl W D L F A Pts
    1 Here for Beer Again 4 4 0 0 54 36 8
    2 Pamplemousse 4 3 1 0 48 27 7
    3 Cuba Crusaders 4 3 0 1 23 12 6
    4 Now Ye're Taggin' 4 2 0 2 34 38 4
    5 The Vikings 4 1 1 2 19 42 3
    6 The Untouchables 4 1 0 3 34 34 2
    7 Pack of Flankers 3 0 0 3 9 14 0
    8 Connacht Eagles 3 0 0 3 22 40 0

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TomD101

Aran tournament

Thought I'd put this up here cos not everybody is on the email list. Another team asked us if we were interested in this tournament on the 27th June. I checked a few places for accommodation but most places booked out cos of that festival thats on.
    Theres another beach tag weekend on in Enniscrone first wkend in August..might be another option..

hey that tag event in aran islands sounds class - do you know if there is another one on out there over the summer? would definitely be interested in entering a team if there is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement