Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Hi, I'm in. However, I'm one of the friends fifib initially mentioned. We're both from the same team from last year. Are there enough people confirmed to field a team?

I'd vote for Corinthians too...there's a bar there! Ya, 35Euro shouldn't be a problem, in fairness if you were paying for exercise classes it adds up fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

hey have been following the thread and was undecided but what the hell.

I would be interested in playing tag rugby, I'm looking for summer activity thats outdoors and abit of fun. I have played once before and I'll be honest I wasnt that good but things could only get better with a little training.

obviously I'm a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

nice to see a few girls showing interest we need at least 3 girls on the pitch all the time

about the corinthians v st. mary's things, i'm not bothered personally, anyone want to check out how we register/how much for the corinthians event, only i have to prepare a powerpoint presentation at work now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Rosym

Hi- I would be interested in joining up- not terribly fit- but up for a laugh- are you still looking for members? or do you have enough already?

Rosym wrote: »
    Hi- I would be interested in joining up- not terribly fit- but up for a laugh- are you still looking for members? or do you have enough already?

ya, still looking although i reckon at least 15 people have said they are interested at this stage....but until we pay up nothing is confirmed

i checked the corinthians thing, it's the same price, 495 euros for 9 weeks, starts early may, not sure if they have places left in their beginners league as I couldn't find that info on their site but I'd say they do, if we confirm in the next couple of weeks we should get a place

does anyone want to write a nicely-worded post to the boards.ie bosses asking to pay for us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Robbo wrote: »
    There's 2 crowds that run tag leagues, the IRFU and ITRA. The rules differ slightly.

IRFU run out of Corinthians and Dangan, ITRA operate from St Mary's. Last year was the first year the IRFU ran Dangan so there was some teething problems, namely teams who missed out on Corinthians getting shoved into the beginners league when they were of an B or better standard.

I've played both and there's positives and negatives to both. Personally, I'd more prefer the IRFU one and that's mainly because they use a proper size 5 ball and I found the refs to have a little more ability to read the game and ref it accordingly.

It might be a bit tough for a few people who don't drive to make it out to Corinthians.

I'd have to give my vote for St Marys although mostly because I live beside it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It might be a bit tough for a few people who don't drive to make it out to Corinthians.

I'd have to give my vote for St Marys although mostly because I live beside it :)

I'm sure those of us with motors would be able to oblige those without...

Re t-shirts....yellow isn't the most flattering colour in the world... Ya I don't think we'd need a jersey, loads of teams just had matching coloured t-shirts last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bettycorsa

Hi, I just stumbled acoss the thread, if there is still room I would be intrested in joining the team...

Never played but would like to learn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Nathan
    you can put me down as confirmed. should be a bit of craic.
    I've no real preference for location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

Hey, I'm one of the girls fifib mentioned - I'd be interested in playin- am a total beginner but willing to give it a go!! Either place suits me, hav to agree with amz on no yellow shirts!!! Wont be around on the 21st april if ye decide to meet that day first but can catch up wit ye the followin week.

ok looks good, i reckon we should close it now and all the people who have shown interest so far are provisionally in, i'll make a list tomorrow of our squad and suggest a date we all meet, then when we collect the money i'll register the team....maybe next week is better to meet just so we can be sure of getting a spot

i still need suggestions for

a) who is captain/vice captain/directs the training sessions/preferred day for training

b) who has rugby balls/equipment for training

c) team name

d) yellow seems unpopular so how about black?

it looks like corinthians is the favoured destination but i guess whichever place will have us at beginner level we'll take with corinthians as first preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I've a lovely lady looking to get involved!!!

I've a lovely lady looking to get involved!!!

one more lady won't kill us i suppose, but i think we should close it now and form our team

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Right then, let's push this thing forward. I'll commit to it.

Choice of league would be the obvious starting point. Personally, I'd prefer either the Dangan or St Mary's league because I live out the west side of the city.

Have we enough guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I wonder could an admin put a poll on the thread to allow a vote on team name / league location or should we leave that for the first meet.

Great to see so much interest anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Have we enough guys?

Doesnt look like we do. From what i can make out reading down through theres only 5/6 guys actually confirmed

Just looking at the St. Marys tag site there and it says Wed, Thurs and Fridays...does it mean we could be playing either of these days?

Maybe we should find out first what nights suits everyone?

Corinthians play on a Thursday nite starting May 14th - July 17th (last night is a friday)

Dangan is the same on a Thursday starting May 21st - July 17th

St. Marys starts wednesday May 20th - 17th July

I think we have too many, people have been confirming to me by Pm aswell....so I suggest

1) St. Marys on Thursday nights for beginners
    2) black tops
    3) pope buckfast can direct training as he had played before, on Monday or tuesdays on that big green in Renmore
    4) team name is "Hit and Missus" or "Nathan and others"
    5) buy your tag shorts and can 5 people volunteer to bring a rugby ball to training
    6) that's it I think, I'll post the squad shortly, we can't keep beating around the bush with each of us having a different preference, the leagues are filling up and we need to register

7) I'll be captain and I need a volunteer for vice-captain

8) let me know if you have any problems with 1-7 above

• Advertisement

Nathan251 wrote: »
    I think we have too many, people have been confirming to me by Pm aswell....so I suggest

1) St. Marys on Thursday nights for beginners
    2) black tops
    3) pope buckfast can direct training as he had played before, on Monday or tuesdays on that big green in Renmore
    4) team name is "Hit and Missus" or "Nathan and others"
    5) buy your tag shorts and can 5 people volunteer to bring a rugby ball to training
    6) that's it I think, I'll post the squad shortly, we can't keep beating around the bush with each of us having a different preference, the leagues are filling up and we need to register

7) I'll be captain and I need a volunteer for vice-captain

8) let me know if you have any problems with 1-7 above

I have a problem with 3! I'm not fit and I can't direct training, and I don't know the rules that well. Especially not the St. Mary's rules - as they are different from the IRFU ones... not that I would be that familiar with those ones either... just did what I was told last year!

I have a problem with 3! I'm not fit and I can't direct training, and I don't know the rules that well. Especially not the St. Mary's rules - as they are different from the IRFU ones... not that I would be that familiar with those ones either... just did what I was told last year!

Hahahaha love how you were walked into that one:p Ya, there are very few guys, do you know any from last years team that are interested?

fifib wrote: »
    Just looking at the St. Marys tag site there and it says Wed, Thurs and Fridays...does it mean we could be playing either of these days?

Maybe we should find out first what nights suits everyone?

Corinthians play on a Thursday nite starting May 14th - July 17th (last night is a friday)

Dangan is the same on a Thursday starting May 21st - July 17th

St. Marys starts wednesday May 20th - 17th July

Thursday night is so handy. Wednesday isn't great cos you'd have to train on Mondays.... Black sounds lovely for the t-shirt. The all blacks are really intimidating!

Were gona need tags too for training

there are plenty of guys

squad

Nathan (captain)-male 31
    Alona-female 27
    pope buckfast (coach)-male 25
    malice-male
    fifib-female (vice-captain)
    robbo-male
    scotteldeuce-male
    paraicr-male
    amz5-female
    cornbb????-please confirm (RESERVE)
    Ms. ka-female
    rosym-female
    bettycorsa-female
    galwaygirl1983-female
    jugs82-Kevin, male
    chrussell-Chris, male
    bcasey-brian, male????? please confirm (RESERVE)

15 confirmed (8 males, 7 females) with 2 reserves (males)

looking good, anyone want to be coach and save buckfast's skin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm a guy aged 30. Do you need anything else?

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm a guy aged 30. Do you need anything else?

some rugby balls/tags would be nice, even a whistle

Forgot me!! I'm a girl obviously

Forgot me!! I'm a girl obviously

sorry about that, I'll add you now and I think we have enough if everybody on the list shows up

• Advertisement

Great thanks, it all sounds good to me...I propose fifib as vice/captain- she seems to know what she talkin bout!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement