Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Great thanks, it all sounds good to me...I propose fifib as vice/captain- she seems to know what she talkin bout!!

For that comment im ordering you the white shorts! hehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

maybe fifib can lead the training sessions too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nathan251 wrote: »
    some rugby balls/tags would be nice, even a whistle
    I should be able to bring a rugby ball and as for a whistle I have a loud voice. Is that any help? :P

malice_ wrote: »
    I should be able to bring a rugby ball and as for a whistle I have a loud voice. Is that any help? :P

so do you want to take the training sessions then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

cornbb????-please confirm (RESERVE)

I'll stay as reserve for the moment - if it turns out you're stuck for numbers send a PM and I'll jump in :)

Might not be in galway for long so I don't wanna commit now if I'm gonna leave you down later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I can bring a rugger ball too... also... someone else pleeeease be coach!

so do you want to take the training sessions then?
    I know very little about Rugby or Tag Rugby and I've never played either sport so I probably wouldn't be the best choice :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

I dont mind taking a few trainings if nobody else wants to. I coach a bit of underage GAA, so it's bound to be easier than that that!! Used to play a bit of rugby back in the day so i'd know the basics.

Theres not much to tag that needs training, but would be good to meet up a few times and paly a few practice games just so everyones comfortable enough when the actual league starts.

paraicr wrote: »
    I dont mind taking a few trainings if nobody else wants to. I coach a bit of underage GAA, so it's bound to be easier than that that!! Used to play a bit of rugby back in the day so i'd know the basics.

Theres not much to tag that needs training, but would be good to meet up a few times and paly a few practice games just so everyones comfortable enough when the actual league starts.

sounds good, looks like you got the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

It might be a month or two down the road but keep the rest of us boardsies up to date on how ye do in the matches. I would have signed up myself but im already committed to another team. Good luck to ye!

• Advertisement

Someone just pointed out to me that one of the nicer thing about the corinthians league (apart from the bar they have out there) is that it's always on thursdays, which lets you both schedule training for Tuesday every week, and also head out for pints afterwards.

Thursday > Wednesday for going out imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Thursday > Wednesday for going out imo.

Fact!!!!

Have friends that play in Corinthians - sounds like great craic, they have fancy dress nights & BBQ's during the league

i dont really mind where we play but if we were to have a few drinks after to celebrate our win, last year Corinthians was very handy and safe to leave the car in. i dont know the setup in St. Marys but id imagine we couldnt leave the cars there overnight while heading out for a few?

are youz all sure that the best criteria for choosing a league is proximity to the nearest boozer?

are youz all sure that the best criteria for choosing a league is proximity to the nearest boozer?

Not so much proximity as ease of access :D

I won't be able to play if it's on Wednesday so I vote for Corinthians too.

The boozer aspect has nothing to do with it, I swear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

we will need to rehydrate so it make sense to be as close as possible to the bar.....sorry I mean water tap...:rolleyes:

Have we sorted out the colour of the shorts black/navy and jerseys (please not yellow) yet? Training Tuesdays and playing Thursdays suits me the best.

don't worry st. marys folk play on thursday night too, i think they use wednesday as a fallback day if people need to reschedule

as for corinthians, it's a bit out of the way isn't it, we'd need people to volunteer lifts

tops-black

shorts-dark or black

an all-black look will give us a psychological edge before the games have even started;)

one more thing, we could do with tags for training, i'm not sure where to get these

anyway when would you all like to meet so we can register and get things going?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

I would guess there will be alot of people wearing black so maybe a dark navy to stand out from the crowd?:D
    The website someone refered to a few posts back for the shorts also stock the tags too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

fifib wrote: »
    i dont really mind where we play but if we were to have a few drinks after to celebrate our win, last year Corinthians was very handy and safe to leave the car in. i dont know the setup in St. Marys but id imagine we couldnt leave the cars there overnight while heading out for a few?

I live on Shantalla road beside St Marys and It's very safe for parking and there is always spaces beside the field....
    I have guest passes that came with my parking permit to use up as well so I'm sure I could spread the wealth even though they never really check these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

fifib checked out the price of the tags - €2.50 a pair so better to order them all together from the website - All Navy might be good instead of all black? Do any of u have shorts of either colour already?
    Ya we should meet up next week to agree everything..should we do this on the pitch or in the pub??:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

fifib checked out the price of the tags - €2.50 a pair so better to order them all together from the website - All Navy might be good instead of all black? Do any of u have shorts of either colour already?
    Ya we should meet up next week to agree everything..should we do this on the pitch or in the pub??:D:D

Well, I have navy shorts (presume Fifi and popebuckfast do too). We'd need to order half the tags one colour and half a different colour (2 teams for training sessions) so we'd need to order as a group I'd say to make sure the numbers were ok. So what's the plan oh wonderful leader?

If anyone's interested, the IRFU Tag Rugby rules are available to download in PDF format here. There's also a shorter version here.

i will probably be putting in an order for shorts for myself and galwaygirl, so i can get the tags aswell. theres a delivery charge per order so might aswell order the lot together.
    I can order 7 pairs of yellow tags and 7 pairs of reds tags.
    it'll work out at €2.50 extra on the registration fee per person(or less depending on how many we have to register)

i will order tonight/tomorrow if theres no objections

As long as we all agree on tshirt colour i dont think it matters what colour our shorts are, we had navy last year but some had black and even some white!

fifib wrote: »
    i will probably be putting in an order for shorts for myself and galwaygirl, so i can get the tags aswell. theres a delivery charge per order so might aswell order the lot together.
    I can order 7 pairs of yellow tags and 7 pairs of reds tags.
    it'll work out at €2.50 extra on the registration fee per person(or less depending on how many we have to register)

i will order tonight/tomorrow if theres no objections

As long as we all agree on tshirt colour i dont think it matters what colour our shorts are, we had navy last year but some had black and even some white!

sounds good, cheers for that, i hope everyone on the squad list is ok with this, please say so!

so if there are 15 of us, it'll end up 33 euro registration plus 2.50 for the tags, but fifib i wouldn't order them until we have registered our team, just in case people pull out

OK Nathan,

Do you want to go ahead and set up a meet up for next week to take votes on what league we will join, and what colours we will wear.

From my experience with the book club it will be a good gauge of how many people are actually serious about it.

You'd be surprised how many people will sit at a keyboard and say 'yeah I'm in' but then when asked to actually leave their house and meet somewhere manage to forget, or just don't bother.

Again, just from experience, I'd expect that at least a couple of people who have committed themselves on this thread won't show up.

OK Nathan,

Do you want to go ahead and set up a meet up for next week to take votes on what league we will join, and what colours we will wear.

From my experience with the book club it will be a good gauge of how many people are actually serious about it.

You'd be surprised how many people will sit at a keyboard and say 'yeah I'm in' but then when asked to actually leave their house and meet somewhere manage to forget, or just don't bother.

Again, just from experience, I'd expect that at least a couple of people who have committed themselves on this thread won't show up.

ok then, but I think most people will show up, only reason people maybe didn't attend the book club meets was maybe because they hadn't read the book or possibly they were intimidated by the intellectual prowess of the regular book club members (shouldn't be a problem with the tag rugby team ;))

ok so we'll meet to decide on team name/colours/preferences for training day and location and league/payment for tags and registration

CAN EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND as this meeting will determine if we will register a team or not

bar 803 (The Dock Road) at 8pm next Thursday 16th April, it should only take less than an hour

ok then, but I think most people will show up, only reason people maybe didn't attend the book club meets was maybe because they hadn't read the book or possibly they were intimidated by the intellectual prowess of the regular book club members (shouldn't be a problem with the tag rugby team ;))

ok so we'll meet to decide on team name/colours/preferences for training day and location and league/payment for tags and registration

CAN EVERYBODY PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND as this meeting will determine if we will register a team or not

bar No. 8 (The Dock Road) at 8pm next Thursday 16th April, it should only take less than an hour

fixed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Sounds good Nathan, Thursday it is so!

Just about to order my shorts there and noticed black and red shorts are reduced to €10

https://www.tagrugby.com/Shop/sub.cfm/page/Products/key/15/product/7/

• Advertisement

bar 803 (The Dock Road) at 8pm next Thursday 16th April, it should only take less than an hour
    That's fine with me. Hopefully it won't be too busy so I won't look like a twat going around asking people "Are you Nathan?". :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement