Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

ok I'll edit this post as more of us confirm attendance

so far those who have confirmed they'll attend at Bar 8 are:

me
    Alona
    scottledeuce
    pope buckfast
    malice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

Count me in too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

count me in too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Count me in..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

amz5 can't log in at the moment, but she says she is definitely up for doing the tag, but probably won't make the meeting cause she's on holidays.

so of the 15 names on our squad list, I think we have 11 confirmed to attend

and the others????

Nathan251 wrote: »
    so of the 15 names on our squad list, I think we have 11 confirmed to attend

and the others????

Name and shame!

for one... our trainer (paraicr) hasnt comfirmed :eek:

• Advertisement

patience, patience, give them time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

fifib wrote: »
    for one... our trainer (paraicr) hasnt comfirmed :eek:
    According to here he was last active on Boards on April 7th so he might not have seen the meet up message. I've sent him a text to see if he's coming on Thursday.

EDIT: Paraic says he's coming.

ok we are waiting on roseym, bettycorsa and chrussell to confirm

11 confirmed and amz is on holiday so 12 players have confirmed serious interest and are willing to pay/train, get tags/shorts

three from original squad list haven't confirmed they will attend thursday meeting

chrussell doesn't use the board a lot and he did send me a pm with his number so i guess i can just text him and find out if he wants to come along

others are betty corsa and roseym, please say if you'll come along and don't feel bad if you have to drop out as a squad of 12 is fine and we can only register 12 players for any one match anyway

volviv tag recommend a squad of 15 players (to cover people going on holidays/working/going to prison etc etc)

irfu tag recommend a squad of 12 players so that no player is ever not registered to play in a particular game

a squad of 13 sounds about right to me

of course if we get 12 officially registered then fee is 495 euros divided by 12 = 41 euros

if we get 13 it is 38 euros

etc etc

tbh, I would go with 15 if possible. People do tend to miss weeks, and there's nowt worse than being short handed for a game.

Also we need to make sure we have the right balance of girls/boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Can't make Thurs but am still interested if ye have room.

People do tend to miss weeks, and there's nowt worse than being short handed for a game.

Might aswell mention this now that i wont be round for thurs 11th June game...but if we play on wednesday im gona miss 2 weeks.. 10th and 17th June...off on my holiers to the sun!

How many girls do we have confirmed? Another girl who played with me, amz n Popebuckfast is interested in playing again this year....anyways told her to turn up at bar 8 thursday if she's still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Rosym

sorry for the delay- count me in though

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Rosym

me again- was talking to friend of mine at the wkend, and she mentioned that she would be interested in tag aswell- would it be ok to invite her along- or do you have enough?
    Thanks guys
    And sor again for being so late in getting back to you

Rosym wrote: »
    me again- was talking to friend of mine at the wkend, and she mentioned that she would be interested in tag aswell- would it be ok to invite her along- or do you have enough?

Thanks guys

And sor again for being so late in getting back to you

no prob, bring her along, the more the merrier but i think 15 is the maximum we shuld have, even with 15 there will be 3 players not involved every week, we could leave 3 people out on a rota basis each week i guess.....so maybe it would be a good idea for someone to bring a laptop tomorrow (i assume bar 8 has wi-fi connection) as we could register there and then once we have all the names and details down and cash received and you can make sure i won't run off with your cash as i'll get onto the tag rugby site we choose with my credit card and pay the 495 fee....thing is you should all bring at least 40 euro as we are not sure of how much it will be until we know final numbers

so pope buckfast maybe you can bring your laptop and also some paper and pens as you strike me as a good organiser/secretary type person....now in terms of knowing who is who, i guess if we have a laptop then everyone will know to go to the table where the laptop is so i would advise the laptop person (can be anybody, doesn't have to be buckfast) to get there a bit earlier, maybe 7.45pm....if we can't get internet connection there then find the table with pen and paper (again can someone bring some?)...remember we want suggestions for team name, what league you want to play in (corinthians or st marys), colours, training day and location and also on the website we have to add details for captain and vice-captain and all the players

...oh and if you know you'll be away and unavailable for selection on a set date you can let us know that too

I won't have time I'm afraid Nathan... hitting a minor crisis in work. Should hopefully make the meet, but I'll be lucky if I don't see the sun come up from my desk tomorrow morning. I'd appreciate it if someone else could bring the laptop etc.

If I can't make it then I'm sure fifib can speak (and pay) for amz and me.

thx!

• Advertisement

I will be coming from work so can swipe some paper and pens from there. Also can bring laptop along too..............its pink (dont judge) so it will be easier to spot I guess.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I was just about to say I'll be hanging around town from when I finish work at 6 so I could come early with laptop in hand but I'll leave that to Ms Ka now.

See ye tomorrow

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I will be coming from work so can swipe some paper and pens from there. Also can bring laptop along too..............its pink (dont judge) so it will be easier to spot I guess.:D
    Grand so, we'll all keep a look out for a pink laptop :).

ok so i think everybody can contribute 40 euros, we can note down names/numbers etc. and depending on how many people register i can return you cash or ask for a little more

if there is a problem with net connection there I will register the team myself at home-just have to know which league we want to play in and all our details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Hey Guys,

Had planned on heading in tonight but had hurling training and got a bit of a wallop, so got a lift home.

Im still interested, so if theres room, count me in and PM to let me know how i can arrange payment.

Cheers,

Jugs82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

OK after a few bevvies and a throw around of ideas I've got a few name suggestions (mostly movie related) but nothing seems to work with boards.

Some crude, some not great at all but if any take your fancy shout.
    • Multiple Scorgasms
    • Team Ramrod (super troopers)
    • One Hit Wonders
    • Spinal Tappers
    • The Net threat
    • Snakes On A Field

If anyone has any more suggestions do post them up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Rules are here. Have a look at the Overview first before looking at the full monty.

The Merchant Bankers?
    The Warty Noras?

It was good to meet you all last night and put names to faces. So much for Internet anonymity on this thread at least :).

As regards a team name, the only one I could come up with that didn't sound terrible was "Boards Brigade" but I think it needs another word in there like "Boards Black Brigade" or something. There are a couple of name generators here and here but they didn't produce anything worthwhile as far as I could see.
    Multiple Scorgasms
    I like that one!
    Robbo wrote: »
    Rules are here.
    That looks like the same link I posted before. That's handy, I won't have to read it all again :).

oh Multiple Scorgasms is funny.

My suggestion is Boards & Ladies

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Can someone give an update on what decisions were made etc?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement