Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Hi Guys,

Can someone give an update on what decisions were made etc?

Thanks!
    We're signing up for the Dangan IRFU league, starting on May 21st.

First training session is Thursday at 7:30 at the pitch in Renmore (opposite the church).

Name is undecided as of yet. Nominations are open until this evening, when Nathan251 is to register whatever we've come up with.

We all chucked in €40 to cover the registration, tags, balls and whatever's left we'll drink. Nathan251 has the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Robbo wrote: »
    We're signing up for the Dangan IRFU league, starting on May 21st.

First training session is Thursday at 7:30 at the pitch in Renmore (opposite the church).

Name is undecided as of yet. Nominations are open until this evening, when Nathan251 is to register whatever we've come up with.

We all chucked in €40 to cover the registration, tags, balls and whatever's left we'll drink. Nathan251 has the cash.

Sounds good - im lying in Dangan so thats Handy :D Is it the beginners league?

Also, i train in Renmore with a Hurling club and its getting v.busy and tight for space out there most nights with teams training and last night, there were feckin' loads of tag rugby teams practising - Dangan could be a option to train?? Its always fairly quiet down there and especially so now that the students are gone/almost gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

My nomination for team name is Now ye're taggin' like the boards motto above.

That or just 'teh interwebz'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Also, i train in Renmore with a Hurling club and its getting v.busy and tight for space out there most nights with teams training and last night, there were feckin' loads of tag rugby teams practising - Dangan could be a option to train?? Its always fairly quiet down there and especially so now that the students are gone/almost gone!!
    We may have to reconsider then if Renmore is bust. I've had run ins before with Groundskeeper Willy in Dangan, he's a bit antsy about non-students using the place and threw a mickey fit about which pitches you can use.

Other places then? Off the top of my head: South Park (the Swamp), Cappagh Road pitches, Laurel Park pitches, the Plots...

That or just 'teh interwebz'
    I like Now Ye're Taggin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

I think we should go to REnmore next Thursday at 7.30 as planned and see what it's like, if it's too crowded we can change training location in future weeks, if it's grand then we can stay

as for the 40 euros that covers your registration, tags and possibly even the t-shirts if they are not too expensive (Miss Ka will let us know price), you'll have to get the special tag shorts yourselves from the website if you don't already have them (I think you can wear any colour but most people are going for navy or black shorts)

If Jugs and Chrussell both register on the team(can pay me at first training) and I need their emails we will have a squad of 16 which means its 31 euro per person registration fee, 2.50 for the tags and the remaining 6.50 should definitely cover a t-shirt each.

The IRFU tag team allows you to register 15 players per match which is perfect as we'll all more or less get a game every week (allowing for 1 person being missing each week if we register 16) and I'm sure we'll interchange players frequently during the game

anyway hopefully we'll have an agreement on team name pretty soon and I can go and register the team, as I have the cash I should get the tags too I guess and Miss ka can let us know the situation on t-shirts

I'm not too bothered about team names, "Multiple scorgasms" and "now ye're taggin'" both sound fine to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

I like 'Now Ye're Taggin' too - might be good too in case boards.ie did do anything for us on the t-shirts..I'm going over to Elverys in Liosban at lunch so will check the price of tags etc there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That sounds good to me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Robbo wrote: »
    I like Now Ye're Taggin.

Yea I like that

now ye're taggin'

or

now we're taggin'?

• Advertisement

I just ordered 16 pairs of tags (8 yellow and 8 red)...they should be delivered before next Thursday so no need for anyone to buy tags

Nathan251 wrote: »
    now ye're taggin'

or

now we're taggin'?
    I'd go with the first one: "Now Ye're Taggin'"
    I just ordered 16 pairs of tags (8 yellow and 8 red)...they should be delivered before next Thursday so need for anyone to buy tags
    Sweet!

I just ordered 16 pairs of tags (8 yellow and 8 red)...they should be delivered before next Thursday so no need for anyone to buy tags
    Handy that, I was into Elvery's a few minutes ago and the chap there said they didn't have them and he'd tried to get them in before but couldn't.

Was talking to our captain from last year at lunch there, and he reckoned for the IRFU, which allows 15 to register for a game, you'd want a squad of about 20. Honestly we were down to 11 or 12 available for some games last year (which made it bloody tough), and we had a squad of 20 - 22.

I wouldn't turn anyone away who wants to play with us until we hit 20.

If needs be we can rotate the 15 who are playing (I would say you'll always get at least 1 person unavailable every week), and the 5 who aren't can be cheerleaders!

So with that is there anyone who didn't go or send da monies last night who want to come along to the training on Thursday?

You're always better off with too many than too little.

Edit:
    On jerseys we had the huntsman sponsor ours a couple of years ago, which I think pretty much made them free. Maybe our captain or vice captain could contact one of the boards community managers, to see if Boards would provide us with jerseys with the boards logo on them? Especially if we end up using now ye're taggin' as the team name? what do you think Nathan?

Oh and +1 for Cappagh road pitches if Renmore doesn't work out...

Was talking to our captain from last year at lunch there, and he reckoned for the IRFU, which allows 15 to register for a game, you'd want a squad of about 20. Honestly we were down to 11 or 12 available for some games last year (which made it bloody tough), and we had a squad of 20 - 22.

If needs be we can rotate the 15 who are playing (I would say you'll always get at least 1 person unavailable every week), and the 5 who aren't can be cheerleaders!

So with that is there anyone who didn't go or send da monies last night who want to come along to the training on Thursday?

well i think 14 people have paid, and am waiting for payment from 2 more (jugs and chrussell), also i have only ordered 16 sets of tags and also we have budgeted for 16 players (i.e. if 16 people pay 40 euros then that will more than likely cover registration plus tags plus t-shirt)

if miss ka wants to order black t-shirts then we suggested maybe 8 large and 8 medium, if we keep adding people then will they be able to take care of tags/t-shirts themselves? and also instead of paying me new people can give each member of the team maybe 2 euros (keeps things simple)

one final point is that I kind of want to register the team today if possible and just get it done but if you think we should hold out for another while then let me know, personally i think 16 should cover us

Do we need all the names of every player up front to register? Or can you just submit any 15 names for each match?

I suspect it's the latter in which case go ahead and register.

We can always have someone call themselves PBXVI if I can't make a match some day for instance. I don't ever recall being asked for ID last year!

Edit: I've just checked and they only require names for captain and vice captain when registering your team. So we can register the team now and worry about getting a few more people in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Don't go with 20, seriously. 15 is more than enough, and people won't be happy having paid their money to be asked to sit out matches. If you find some weeks that you're short you can always ask friends to come in for one game, that way you make up the numbers but your regular players don't have to miss out.

Good luck guys, its going to be a great summer and hopefully ye make some new friends - we had a ball last year and already back training for this year. We're in Dangan too so may end up playing ye if we're in the same league :D

Did you order them online from the Volvic tag shop?
    Just so you are aware they delivered my pair of shorts today...By Frickin courier of all things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

+ 1 for " Now ye're taggin' "

Zzippy wrote: »
    Don't go with 20, seriously. 15 is more than enough, and people won't be happy having paid their money to be asked to sit out matches. If you find some weeks that you're short you can always ask friends to come in for one game, that way you make up the numbers but your regular players don't have to miss out.

Good luck guys, its going to be a great summer and hopefully ye make some new friends - we had a ball last year and already back training for this year. We're in Dangan too so may end up playing ye if we're in the same league :D

I'd tend to agree with this, i say we stick with the squad of 16 that we have and if for some reason we are missing a good few people some week we can ask friends to fill in, anyway i'll add the 16 names to the mailing list when i register, i left fifib's details at home so I can't register right now

i take it we're all happy with "now ye're taggin'" as the team name?

• Advertisement

Did you order them online from the Volvic tag shop?
    Just so you are aware they delivered my pair of shorts today...By Frickin courier of all things

ya i asked them to deliver to my workplace, out of interest how long did they take to deliver?

.........i left fifib's details at home so I can't register right now

i take it we're all happy with "now ye're taggin'" as the team name?

Nathan - I sent you PM with my details there so you can register

ya i asked them to deliver to my workplace, out of interest how long did they take to deliver?

I ordered them last Thursday but they only confirmed the order this Tuesday and delivered today.

Cant really complain about that.

congrats-our team is officially registered :)

great stuff! now all we need is to live up to our name!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

I know we discussed the teams colours but just because of our name would grey t-shirt with navy/blue writing be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

female wondering do ye have the numbers required?

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I know we discussed the teams colours but just because of our name would grey t-shirt with navy/blue writing be better?
    Grey is fine with me anyway.
    pandas wrote: »
    female wondering do ye have the numbers required?
    I think the team has already been registered with 15 players. I'm not sure if that can be changed. Maybe Nathan can clear that up? (if he's not skipped off to Tijuana of course :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

Grey is fine with me too Ms. Ka

• Advertisement

Well I had thought that blue would bring out my eyes a bit better, but I guess I'll go with the majority...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement