Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I don't mind grey. Any word on the cost of them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

ok rough estimates here:

€9.20 for dark t-shirt and light writing
    or
    €7.50 for light t-shirt with dark writing (cheaper but think of the sweat patches :D )

Should I order 15? 9 large and 6 medium? I guessing the number of girls here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

ok so far 14 people have paid, 2 will pay (if they show up) this thursday giving us a squad of 16, if pandas wants to join that'll be 17 meaning two people will have to be left out each week (assuming everyone turns up)-let me know your views on this

if we go for the 9.20 t-shirts then there isn't enough cash left in the kitty (the 40 euros you paid) to cover their total cost (having already paid registration and ordered the tags), i'll need probably an extra three euros a man/woman (don't know for sure how much, depends how many end up registering-i really wish i had an accountant for this lark, it's not really my forte)

i received confirmation today that our order for the tags has been confirmed, hopefully they'll arrive by thursday, for training we'll need a few rugby balls, i did buy a rugby ball yesterday, i was messing about with it in eyre square and ended up kicking it up into a tree where it got stuck, hopefully not an omen for the season ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nathan251 wrote: »
    ok so I 14 people have paid, 2 will pay this hursday giving us a squad of 16, if pandas wants to join that'll be 17 meaning two people will have to be left out each week (assuming everyone turns up)-let me know your views on this
    I don't mind as long as it's done fairly e.g. just do out a list alphabetically so that people know which game they are down to miss. It might not be a bad idea to have extra anyway in case of injury.
    Nathan251 wrote:
    if we go for the 9.20 t-shirts then there isn't enough cash left in the kitty (the 40 euros you paid) to cover their total cost (having already paid registration and ordered the tags), i'll need probably an extra three euros a man/woman (don't know for sure how much, depends how many end up registering-i really wish i had an accountant for this lark, it's not really my forte)
    That's fair enough. Could we just bring a few quid to training on Thursday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I'll bring cash with me on thursday, I havent paid for anything yet. Will bring a rugby ball with me too. Anyone know where I can get tag shorts??? Where in Renmore are we training?? And any chance of a medium t-shirt :D.......sorry I should have posted this earlier

• Advertisement

chrussell wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get tag shorts???
    I ordered mine from the link that scottledeuce posted: https://www.tagrugby.com/Shop/sub.cfm/page/Products/key/15/product/7/

Way hey just ordered them! Hope they're here for thursday.
    On a not so good note, I just came home from hockey, sat down and when I went to get up I noticed my groin is very tight (and not in the good sense!). Hope its nothing too major.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Hey there, is it too late to get involved? It sounds like fun and I'm not the type to get grumpy if i don't get to play very often... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mashling wrote: »
    Hey there, is it too late to get involved? It sounds like fun and I'm not the type to get grumpy if i don't get to play very often... ;)
    More the merrier at this stage I say, until we get a bit more settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Great! I'll get all the details off Fifi so! :D

• Advertisement

If pandas/pampling/chrussel and jugs82 all come along and pay 40 euro then people won't have to give me extra money for t-shirts

our squad size would be 18 so i would have received 720 euros

i spent 495 on registration, 55 on tags ( I only have 16 sets of tags and they haven't arrived yet), that would leave 170 euros which is about the cost of 18 t-shirts if they are 9-10 euros each.

also they say we can only have a squad of 15 but let's see how strict they are with that, maybe we can interchange 18 and nobody will take any notice, not sure if they require us to produce a set of names before each match but we'll see, three people may have to sit out the first match, but you never know, maybe three people will not be able to come along anyway...we can work it out as we go

so as i said tags haven't arrived yet nor my shorts so unless they come tomorrow we'll be training without the full gear but what harm for one week

i presume paraicr is ok to come along and direct training and i guess we'll all see each other at 7.30 on the big green at renmore, bring a rugby ball if you have one

i don't know this green very well so is there any particular identifiable spot on it where we can all meet at least? (coz it's a big green and we may have problems finding each other)

Robbo wrote: »
    More the merrier at this stage I say, until we get a bit more settled.
    Yeah, I agree.
    Nathan251 wrote: »
    If pandas/pampling/chrussel and jugs82 all come along and pay 40 euro then people won't have to give me extra money for t-shirts

our squad size would be 18 so i would have received 720 euros

i spent 495 on registration, 55 on tags ( I only have 16 sets of tags and they haven't arrived yet), that would leave 170 euros which is about the cost of 18 t-shirts if they are 9-10 euros each.

also they say we can only have a squad of 15 but let's see how strict they are with that, maybe we can interchange 18 and nobody will take any notice, not sure if they require us to produce a set of names before each match but we'll see, three people may have to sit out the first match, but you never know, maybe three people will not be able to come along anyway...we can work it out as we go

so as i said tags haven't arrived yet nor my shorts so unless they come tomorrow we'll be training without the full gear but what harm for one week

i presume paraicr is ok to come along and direct training and i guess we'll all see each other at 7.30 on the big green at renmore, bring a rugby ball if you have one

i don't know this green very well so is there any particular identifiable spot on it where we can all meet at least? (coz it's a big green and we may have problems finding each other)
    My shorts haven't arrived yet either and I'll be going to Renmore straight from work tomorrow so I'll definitely be without the proper gear :(.

I drive past the big field in Remore the odd time going home and all of the Tag Rugby training/playing seems to take place at the end nearest Duggans shop rather than the end beside the Kingfisher so maybe we should meet beside the Kingfisher so that we won't be in the way of other teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Yea I agree too.more players the better.there will always be one or two who can't make it especially if the matches are on early.if I recall correctly matches started incorinthians round 6.30, it might be same in dangan I duno.

Heard today that it's quite packed up there from 7pm.but sure we'll see ourselves tomorrow. should meet at either the church or kingfisher carparks then? Besides wanderin round the fields tryin to find our team...especially for those who didn't come to meeting last week they mighn't know any faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

hey guys!!

Thanks for including me...I was very interested in joining but randomly I got a text today off a friend asking me to join a team of theirs!! so im gonna go with the one where i know someone plus given ye have already met id probably be a bit behind on the social side ha!!

thanks anyway though!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Hopefully we'll have a good turnout tomorrow, regardless of weather.

Have we agreed on an exact meeting point. I'm not too familiar with the place so where should i park?

Anyone who has a ball should bring it along, and don't worry if you dont have tag shorts, we'll manage.

Will be good to just run through the rules and practice the basics. An hour max should be plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

where exactly in Remore are we meeting? is it on Renmore Ave?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'm planning on parking in the Church car park beside Scoil Caitriona.

I know a few of the people on the team so I'll keep an eye out for them... maybe we should mill around in the car park till we gather the gang.

Would it be useful to have something with us, to make us identifiable... like wear a red rose in our lapels, but then maybe someone might confuse us with the English rugby team. Although we're probably not that bad!

link to google maps church car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

It sucks but I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow.. Had a bit of a work Fcuk up today/Tonight and will need to be on-site in Dublin tomorrow.

Best of luck anyway and I'll catch ye next week

I'll be waiting in the church car park.

I'm planning on parking in the Church car park beside Scoil Caitriona.

I know a few of the people on the team so I'll keep an eye out for them... maybe we should mill around in the car park till we gather the gang.

Would it be useful to have something with us, to make us identifiable... like wear a red rose in our lapels, but then maybe someone might confuse us with the English rugby team. Although we're probably not that bad!

link to google maps church car park
    Thanks for the link. It's always strange for me when I see places I know from above :). The church car-park is fine with me.

Maybe Ms. Ka can leave her pink laptop somewhere visible again? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there anyone coming this evening that doesn't know anyone in the team yet?

Pipe up so we can arrange to meet you somewhere specific!

yeah I'll be there tonight, will bring a ball with me! I'll meet wherever, just give me a place

chrussell wrote: »
    I'll meet wherever, just give me a place
    I reckon just follow PopeBuckfastXVI's church car park suggestion. It shouldn't be too hard to find us (I hope).

Nathan,

We're also going to need a set of marker cones for training exercises and marking off the pitch for training matches.

There's a set of 50 here for €13, I think that should do us.

http://www.inspiresportireland.ie/accessories.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Nathan,

We're also going to need a set of marker cones for training exercises and marking off the pitch for training matches.

There's a set of 50 here for €13, I think that should do us.

http://www.inspiresportireland.ie/accessories.html

i think in the pub last week paraicr mentioned being able to get these for us, we can check with him at training

Good Turnout last night, I enjoyed the run-out. Nice meeting you all, give it a few weeks and we'll be flying!!

Yeah, well done everyone who turned out despite the weather. I have to say I enjoyed it.

Thanks to Paraic for taking the training and PopeBuckfastXVI and Robbo for their invaluable assistance with the rules. Thanks to chrussell too for showing me how to throw a rugby ball :).

malice_ wrote: »
    Thanks to chrussell too for showing me how to throw a rugby ball :).

Anytime, I even noticed you trying a behind the back reverse throw!! Can't beat abit of showboating!!

Yep good job and good crack all!

For those who couldn't make it, from now until the season start we will be training Mondays and Thursdays at 18:30 in Renmore, across from the Church.

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote: »
    Yeah, well done everyone who turned out despite the weather. I have to say I enjoyed it.

Thanks to Paraic for taking the training and PopeBuckfastXVI and Robbo for their invaluable assistance with the rules. Thanks to chrussell too for showing me how to throw a rugby ball :).

agreed, it is really helpful to have a few people who know the rules giving/tips advice during the course of the game when a particular situation develops.....all we need now are a few whistles to really hammer home the rules

one thing i want to know is what happens if a person is tagged at the same time as they are releasing the ball???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement