Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nathan251 wrote: »
    agreed, it is really helpful to have a few people who know the rules giving/tips advice during the course of the game when a particular situation develops.....all we need now are a few whistles to really hammer home the rules

one thing i want to know is what happens if a person is tagged at the same time as they are releasing the ball???

Sorry for jumping on this. Play a bit of tag with one team in St.Marys. In Spring league at te moment but managed to pull a hamstring so out for a while. I've played in corinthians once or twice filling in for missing people on other teams.

It really is the refs call on whether the ball has left the hands of the passer before the tag was pulled.
    Depending on a lot of variables the ref will either call "ball away" in which case play continues or he will call the tag.
    Its a tough one to call for refs and can sometimes lead to disputes, which are pointless as the ref isnt gonna overturn their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chrussell wrote: »
    Anytime, I even noticed you trying a behind the back reverse throw!! Can't beat abit of showboating!!
    Well I don't know about that. Almost as soon as I did it I realised I probably shouldn't have :). I'll have to drill it into my head not to do that along with not moving forward when I pass the ball!
    Nathan251 wrote:
    one thing i want to know is what happens if a person is tagged at the same time as they are releasing the ball???
    I'm open to correction on this but I'd assume it's down to the referee to establish whether the ball had been released before or after the tag was made. Play to the whistle and, if in doubt, tag them again just to make sure!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm open to correction on this but I'd assume it's down to the referee to establish whether the ball had been released before or after the tag was made. Play to the whistle and, if in doubt, tag them again just to make sure!
    It's very much down to the ref and how much attention and leniency they're showing. Best course of action is to play the whistle and if it doesn't work out, start insulting the ref's sainted mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »
    start insulting the ref's sainted mother.

Yes, can't stress the importance of this enough, we got so many calls in our favour from using this tactic last year. It's bullet proof.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

I was completely unaware that there was such fancy throwing going on the other team :)

please see attached images for t-shirt and choose one, preferably by the end of the day.

• Advertisement

blue & white ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Yes, can't stress the importance of this enough, we got so many calls in our favour from using this tactic last year. It's bullet proof.

;)

I was curious as what the general ruling was to abusing the ref, glad we got that sorted :D

Tag shorts arrived this morning too, I'm good to go!!

Blue and White t-shirts!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Another vote for blue/white shirts. We may need a backup plan though as blue is a pretty common colour.

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    I was completely unaware that there was such fancy throwing going on the other team :)

please see attached images for t-shirt and choose one, preferably by the end of the day.
    I think the white on blue is much nicer.
    Also, putting my pedantic hat on for a minute, shouldn't there be a second apostrophe in there after the 'n' in "talkin"? ;)
    We may need a backup plan though as blue is a pretty common colour.
    That's a good point. Any suggestions? Would it be easiest just to pick up cheap plain white/red/whatever colour t-shirts in Dunnes Stores or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

ya blue and white look good, let me know the cost Miss ka and i'll give you the cash

15 of them, 8 large and 7 medium sounds about right

if we clash with the other team i guess we could all bring a top of our own (agree on colour) just in case

• Advertisement

I don't know that you need 'away' colours.

It's not like soccer where we'd be mostly mixed up with the other players. You tend to have one team down one end and the other down the other. If you pass backward and an opposition player is behind you then that means they are offside and you get a penalty.

I wouldn't worry about it for now anyway

I don't know that you need 'away' colours.

It's not like soccer where we'd be mostly mixed up with the other players. You tend to have one team down one end and the other down the other. If you pass backward and an opposition player is behind you then that means they are offside and you get a penalty.

I wouldn't worry about it for now anyway
    That's a good point. Looking at some of the Tag Rugby videos on YouTube, there's often a colour clash but given that teams are split strictly in front of or behind the ball it probably isn't a problem for the players.

When did we say we'd train again? Completely slipped my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

here ya go...
    For those who couldn't make it, from now until the season start we will be training Mondays and Thursdays at 18:30 in Renmore, across from the Church.

Fingers crossed the weather is a bit better this evening compared to Thursday. Of course, this being Ireland I'm not going to get too optimistic :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

When did we say we'd train again? Completely slipped my mind.
    Turncoat... :)

Best of luck boardsies with the tag and whatever name ye pick.

I feel some of my best running coming on tonight!!! Opposition be prepared :D
    My tag shorts also arrived which i'm quite happy about.
    Have to go play a bloody hockey match at half 8 though..... :(

I feel some of my best running coming on tonight!!! Opposition be prepared :D
    My tag shorts also arrived which i'm quite happy about.
    Have to go play a bloody hockey match at half 8 though..... :(
    So does that mean you'll be saving your running for the hockey game? ;)

malice_ wrote: »
    So does that mean you'll be saving your running for the hockey game? ;)

Ah no, I'll bring my A game to tag and hope I get a second wind up in daingean later on!

depending on how much work i get done in the next few hours i will/will not be able to make it tonight for 6.30pm, to be honest it's not looking good at the moment (and I have all the tags!!! on that note maybe it's better in future for people to keep a hold of their own tags in case I don't make it)

if i don't make it i'll see you all on thursday, any idea on numbers for tonight/t-shirts/is jugs82 and new girl going to be there?????

• Advertisement

Nathan,

Whereabouts in the city are you working... do you have the tags with you? Maybe someone could collect them before training?

Yeah I don't think it'd be ideal not to train without tags.... I'll be able to collect them I'm around all day

I work in HP but the tags are in my apartment, if you guys just do some running/throwing until about 7pm, i'll try to hopefully make it by then and after that you can hold onto the tags in case i am late again (which happens a lot unfortunately)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Nathan251 wrote: »
    if i don't make it i'll see you all on thursday, any idea on numbers for tonight/t-shirts/is jugs82 and new girl going to be there?????

Yep - ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Meant to post this earlier but anyway is it to late to start this week (this evening) if i missed last weeks training? is there still places on any teams

Good training last night! I tried to tag one of the girls and bent my finger back, its swollen like a b*stard now, hoping it goes down soon

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Meant to post this earlier but anyway is it to late to start this week (this evening) if i missed last weeks training? is there still places on any teams
    Well, we've only entered one team. I'm not exactly sure how we're fixed for players. Best bet is to see what Nathan (the captain) says.
    Good training last night! I tried to tag one of the girls and bent my finger back, its swollen like a b*stard now, hoping it goes down soon
    Ouch, looks like there were a few injuries last night, hope everyone's okay for Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I did the same thing with another tag team - I'm icing my finger then putting it in hot water as much as I can. Swelling is going down quickly, but my have broken it...

Any idea how to prevent such a thing from happening again? finger guards??? :)

Sniipe wrote: »
    I did the same thing with another tag team - I'm icing my finger then putting it in hot water as much as I can. Swelling is going down quickly, but my have broken it...

Any idea how to prevent such a thing from happening again? finger guards??? :)
    Play in mittens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Had a bit of a hobble goin on myself today while fragrancing the office with the smell of deep heat!... And the morale of the story is to warm up properly!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement