Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tag Rugby Boards.ie team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'll be there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Theres a green area opposite the black box on dyke road, I never see anyone up there and theres ample parking, it may be an idea to try this place out if renmore becomes too busy. I dont fancy walking around like last week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

chrussell wrote: »
    Theres a green area opposite the black box on dyke road, I never see anyone up there and theres ample parking, it may be an idea to try this place out if renmore becomes too busy. I dont fancy walking around like last week
    That's the Plots. The surface is usually in a state anytime I've been there.

South Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chrussell wrote: »
    Robbo wrote: »
    That's the Plots. The surface is usually in a state anytime I've been there.
    I played soccer a few times down there in college and there was often a lot of broken glass about. From what I hear a lot of winos hang out there. I've no idea how true that is though. If the surface looks okay though then I don't mind switching.
    Robbo wrote:
    South Park?
    That's another good option. I must drive around by there on my way home to see how busy it is in the evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Decision time folks.

Thursday 6/5/09 at 6:30 pm, Venue to be decided.

Candidates:
    • Renmore (despite traffic/popularity)
    • South Park
    • The Plots (may have mud, glass and winos)
    • Other Venue (please specify)

• Advertisement

I'd go with Renmore again, just whoever's there first try to stake out a spot.

Second of that would be Cappagh Road (if you can play on those pitches? I presume it's a public amenity, not a GAA club?)

Third would be South Park.

Last of all would be wino ville!

What about the pitches in Mervue? Anyone know what the story with them is?

Nathan you work in HP right? Any chance of using the HP pitches in the evening?

I'd go with Renmore again, just whoever's there first try to stake out a spot.
    I was just going to say that :).
    What about the pitches in Mervue? Anyone know what the story with them is?
    I assume you mean the pitches on the main road between Thermo King and the Mervue FC pitches? We used to play on them when I was with Medtronic FC, I'll see if I can track down someone who might know something about playing on them.

Yeah there's a tonne of GAA and Soccer pitches out that way, Might be able to grab a spot there at the back of Tara Grove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

HP have tag rugby training on tuesday and thursday at the time we train, other than that it's usally not too busy, not sure if anyone can just wander in and use it though, i can find out.

as for tomorrow are we all agreed on renmore then and first person there claims his/her piece of turf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Yeah there's a tonne of GAA and Soccer pitches out that way, Might be able to grab a spot there at the back of Tara Grove

good thinking Popebuckfast. anytime i walk through here its very quiet tho that would be 5-6 ish. maybe we should stick with renmore for tomorrow til we suss this place out a bit better?

i would favour renmore and mervue to knocknacarra region but if we need to change il go with the majority
    i know corina is hoping we stay renmore side of town cos she has to travel in from athenry but did say if we change could we change training to later time to give her chance to get in on time as 6.30 would be very rushed

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

Hey,

Dont know if I can make tomorrow nights training because of work but will do my best. In terms of moving pitches, I'm also coming from Athenry so the further from there the later the start time please?

Was any decision made on where to move the training to?

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    Was any decision made on where to move the training to?
    I think the decision was to move to Mervue for Monday's training. PopeBuckfastXVI provided a link to the map in a previous post:

there is a creche with car park across from the church and credit union...would be good place to meet up for those who arent familar with the area. the pitches are right behind this.

is training tonight or tomorrow(tuesday) eve?

fifib wrote: »
    there is a creche with car park across from the church and credit union...would be good place to meet up for those who arent familar with the area. the pitches are right behind this.

is training tonight or tomorrow(tuesday) eve?

Tonight!

Training at 6.30 again tonight, but change of location....we are going to Mervue, from the aerial pic it looks like there are a lot of pitches there, cam someone who knows the area clarify exactly where we are meeting/playing?

also 15 players have registered so far, any new players need to pay 40 euros to join and we need two more players to cover the cost of miss ka's t-shirts, so anyone who hasn't paid/is new please let me know so we can get you registered.

Tonight!

Ok thanks! duno why i had it in my head for tomorrow :o

eh guys....spotted this just now
    Dangan, in beautiful surroundings, is gearing up for a season of Bud Light Tag
    © www.IrishRugby.ie

The season will start on Thursday, May 14 and run for 10 weeks, finishing with finals night on Friday, July 17.

Official IRFU tag rugby site

I thought was starting May 21st :confused:

Nathan have you gotten any mails/info from IRFU since registering?

Oh Shi-

• Advertisement

no messages yet, i think that's a mistake, in other places it says the season starts on the 21st

look at this, i think this is correct although i've contacted them to confirm

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/15369_16121.php

Just so as you know, tag shorts can be bought in town in the Eyre Square centre. If you go in the entrance on the South East Side (Great Southern/Meyrick) side of the square and go down, there's a shop on the right.

€19.50

There's no excuse for not having them now if you're serious about playing.

Before I forget, I can't make training tonight thanks to work and also I'm away to Boston from May 22nd to May 31st so I won't be at training or matches between those dates either.

I just got this email

Hi Nathan,

The League is starting on the 21sy May 2009. All fixture details will be available on the website approx 1 week before it commences. At the moment there are still teams registering therefore we cannot do the fixtures.
    All venue and fixture details will be on the following webpage:
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/15369_16121.php
    I hope this info. is helpful.
    Best regards,
    Julie Ashmore
    TAG Dept.

Hey Lads,

The t-shirts arrived this morning, not sure if I will make Thursday session 'cause of work but will do my best.

for those who didnt make training yesterday...drinks planned on Thursday after training :D

Ms. Ka wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

The t-shirts arrived this morning, not sure if I will make Thursday session 'cause of work but will do my best.
    That's good to hear. I can't wait to see them.
    for those who didnt make training yesterday...drinks planned on Thursday after training :D
    Did you decide on a time and place? If not, I vote for the Twelve Pins in Barna. That way I can walk to and from the pub :).

Noes!!

What about Bar No. 8, it worked for the first meeting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Hi everyone,

Know this is probably too late but do you have any advice how or where i could join a tag rugby team. Recently new to galway. Any thoughts welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement