Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 - strange texting issue this evening

• 02-04-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice an extra 8 digits at the end of the number you receive a text from this evening?

I was told the problem has been fixed now though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've not noticed this problem myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye, lads on the o2 forum had it fixed fairly lively once I brought it to their attention. Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

... and its back. o2 are investigating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, sadly it does seem to be happening again :(n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

How long was it down for last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The network wasnt down. Could still send and recieve texts just that on recieveing a text their would be a 8 digit number added at the end of the mobile number. This 8 digit number was always the same. Meant it very annoying as could do a direct reply to the text without having to edit the number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, herself had the same problem last night.

I think it lasted for a couple of hours, from around 8:30pm.

I assume you are referring to this;
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524562

As you answered this topics question on the o2 forum.

Advertisement