Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here doin religion and State.. 2nd yr history?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey all..
    I'm a bit of a tool .. didnt go to many of the lectures.. by many i mean i went to 2 .. so i know im gonna get a whole load of "maybe if you went to the lectures youd be alri"
    anyway.. started studying for the exams today .. 5 weeks early..but i know im screwed so i have to..
    basically just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas of what to start studying on? topics like... or is there a text book or anythin.. cant seem to find anything bout it on blackboard..and i havnt a clue?
    appreciate the help
    thanks guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Do you not have a course outline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭McNuggy

theres one for the first part of the course which leads up t the mid term..but none for the european section of the course.. and the only thing on blackboard that says " reading list" cant be opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Go to your last few lectures and tutorials and it'll help you immeasurably. That's what your tutors are for, they might even give you some hints about the upcoming exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

what the tutor does in our tutorials is discuss the documents that are on blackboard... if you read through them they might give you an idea of the subject matter dealt with in lectures.... sorry can't be of more help, haven't got a clue about anything thats going on in this module myself:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

TBH I've actually gotten more from the tutorials than from the lectures in this course. 9am and the subject matter doesn't help much mind :eek:

I assume you've done the essay etc?
    That combined with showing up to a few of the tutorials should leave you around the 20% mark before you walk into the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Course textbook for Irish section is '16th century Ireland'. As for the European section, I really don't know what is going on much myself. Always struggle to make it for that lecture. Way too difficult to pay attention, awful material, really don't like the module. Hate the way all the religious history are core modules.

For the exam, try get notes from lectures. I'm gonna get my friends ones for the ones I missed. Pay attention to Calvinism, Lutherism, pre-destination is a must, it came up in two seperate religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Mushy wrote: »
    Course textbook for Irish section is '16th century Ireland'. As for the European section, I really don't know what is going on much myself. Always struggle to make it for that lecture. Way too difficult to pay attention, awful material, really don't like the module. Hate the way all the religious history are core modules.

For the exam, try get notes from lectures. I'm gonna get my friends ones for the ones I missed. Pay attention to Calvinism, Lutherism, pre-destination is a must, it came up in two seperate religions.

Is 16th Century Ireland the one written by Colm Lennon? That is a particularly good book.
    If the course is on 16th Century Ireland and Europe the OP should be laughing. It is an interesting topic IMO and there is loads of stuff in the library. If you know where to look;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is 16th Century Ireland the one written by Colm Lennon? That is a particularly good book.
    If the course is on 16th Century Ireland and Europe the OP should be laughing. It is an interesting topic IMO and there is loads of stuff in the library. If you know where to look;)

Yeah, think thats the book alright. I'll use the library closer to the time alright, I want to do well enough in it(my typical mediocrity for the win means I'll get a C:D), but still find it horribly boring, and very confusing.

Advertisement