Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noel Hunt claims Bari goal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To copy what i said in the match thread,it's time for me to do a complete U-Turn here and state that it was Noel Hunt who got the goal. The best angle is from behind the goal. Hunt got his foot to it, Keane had a swing but didn't make contact. The ball was on it's way.
    It's Hunt's goal. Whether he gets it or not is another thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

their talking about it on Off the Ball,

Robbies the man, true big-time player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Inspired substitution from Trap. The man is a tactical genius :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

My dad reckoned Hunt scored it from the start....but that coud have been due to his deep dislike for Robbie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

looking at it frame by frame looks to me hunt got connavaro foot and not the ball:confused: but maybe not i'd need better quality then youtube.
    Don't know why hunt came out with this(well i know he'd love a goal against italy) ya can't stir it up like that especially can't take a goal off your captain it just leads to trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

looking at it frame by frame looks to me hunt got connavaro foot and not the ball:confused: but maybe not i'd need better quality then youtube.
    Don't know why hunt came out with this(well i know he'd love a goal against italy) ya can't stir it up like that especially can't take a goal off your captain it just leads to trouble.
    Of course he can try to claim it, I mean it's hopefully his last game for Ireland so let him have it. I thought he did get the last touch in one of the replays but I let the TV propagandise (it's a word... maybe) me into accepting Robbie Keane as our light and saviour. Also, despite what my instinct tells me about how shockingly average our performance against a defensive 10 men was, George Hamilton and Bill O'Herlihy have assured me it was a terrific "brave" performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

looks like hunt scored from behind the goal alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i genuinely thaught it was his goal from the start, even on the replays i thaught it was his and no one noticed robbie not hitting it!
    niallk wrote: »
    I mean it's hopefully his last game for Ireland so let him have it.

last game for ireland? why do you say that? i thaught he had a decent game....am i the only one or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

noel hunt had a fairly decent game, id pick him over mcgeady anyday, glad he was missing for the italy game as he is a complete waster. hes lazy, selfish and very immature.

thought folan had a good game too. good to see new player coming thru and doing well.

Hunts goal. Robbie iss some b0llix tryin to claim it too!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

niallk wrote: »
    Of course he can try to claim it, I mean it's hopefully his last game for Ireland so let him have it. I thought he did get the last touch in one of the replays but I let the TV propagandise (it's a word... maybe) me into accepting Robbie Keane as our light and saviour. Also, despite what my instinct tells me about how shockingly average our performance against a defensive 10 men was, George Hamilton and Bill O'Herlihy have assured me it was a terrific "brave" performance.

We were playing the World Champions who are infinitely better than us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i genuinely thaught it was his goal from the start, even on the replays i thaught it was his and no one noticed robbie not hitting it!

last game for ireland? why do you say that? i thaught he had a decent game....am i the only one or something?
    He didn't look like a teamplayer anyway. Sees himself above the others imo. More concerned with himself than the success of the team. Used to like him when he was younger he had cheeky confidence that helped him score goals. Now he thinks he's a one-man Ireland team and that helps him fluff it when he has chances. All just my opinion of course.
    Don't think he should be captain, personally. Don't know who should be though. Duff maybe.
    Did anyone else think he was close to crying in the interview afterwards? Seemed humble then too. Was wondering if he had something said to him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmm, the replay behind the goal does make it look like it was Hunt's goal.

I don't really care to be honest either way. Would be funny if Hunt was given the goal and Robbie Keane decided to declare himself unavailable for the Irish team. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I thought Folan and Hunt both contributed well.
    I'd like to see more of Folan in the team, we really don't have a strong presence in our attack. Pity he lacks a bit of pace...

From reading previous comments and comments on other forums, I think too many people were listening to that fool, Eamon Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not really MNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Who cares who scored once it WAS scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i dont think he did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbJaQu1jz8#t=0m41s

out of the three he arrives the latest, and seems the least likely to have made the contact.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lolololololol

Ross, look at the pace with which the ball hits the net, the trajectory of the shot. Logic dictates that such movement was much, much more likely to have been generated by Keane's purposeful swing than the outstretched leg of Hunt.

And then, if Keane hadn't hit it, if he had swung and got nothing but fresh air do you really think that he would celebrate like he did? That Hunt wouldn't have attempted to claim it? Or that the people who monitor these things and compile official statistics wouldn't have assigned him the goal?

Come on now. As conspiracy type theories go this one is pretty poor! ;)

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Highsider wrote: »
    +1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    +1
    +2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont play much football i assume.

The PLAYER who scored it, cares.

I thought Hunt got it, didnt think robbies swing connected with it at all. hunt seemed to have the momentum going in for it.

Dirty ex rovers player :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Noel Hunt and Robbie Keane both care I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Stekelly wrote: »
    Noel Hunt and Robbie Keane both care I reckon.

Well the Irish public dont.

So we trump them 4 Million to 2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

redout wrote: »
    Well the Irish public dont.

So we trump them 4 Million to 2 ;)

Maybe the Irish public should tryign playing football a bit more often?

If you dropped your winning lotto ticket and some tramp picked it up you'd feel pretty aggrieved and probably tell us about it. We wouldnt care but you would.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If I scored a last minute equaliser against Italy away I'd want everyone to know :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

pwd wrote: »
    He didn't look like a teamplayer anyway. Sees himself above the others imo. More concerned with himself than the success of the team. Used to like him when he was younger he had cheeky confidence that helped him score goals. Now he thinks he's a one-man Ireland team and that helps him fluff it when he has chances. All just my opinion of course.
    Don't think he should be captain, personally. Don't know who should be though. Duff maybe.
    Did anyone else think he was close to crying in the interview afterwards? Seemed humble then too. Was wondering if he had something said to him tbh.

my apologies i thaught you were talking about noel hunt and it hopefully being his last game...i was thinkin, he played well give the guy a chance! :pac: :o

have to say i was impressed by folan, i think we may have seen the last time keogh plays for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe the Irish public should tryign playing football a bit more often?

If you dropped your winning lotto ticket and some tramp picked it up you'd feel pretty aggrieved and probably tell us about it. We wouldnt care but you would.

The Irish public couldnt care less who scored the goal only that we scored. If two amadán's want to argue over it then so be it but no need to wash your dirty laundry in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

here's a really dodgy screenshot of it.

looks to me like Hunts foot is actually in front of the ball there, although it could be pixel bleed i guess.

goaln.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

here's a really dodgy screenshot of it.

looks to me like Hunts foot is actually in front of the ball there, although it could be pixel bleed i guess.

goaln.jpg

Is Robbie Keane a landmine victim all of a sudden?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

goaln.jpg

Ahhh, i thought it was a video and you had some how paused it.

Need sleep I think

Boylesports probably do. They were giving stakes back on losing bets if Robbie Keane scored at any stage during the match!

Ahhh, i thought it was a video and you had some how paused it.

Need sleep I think

Either way, it looks beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

monkey9 wrote: »
    Either way, it looks beautiful!

you aim low man, that was alright, we could have pulled a stunner that night.

/mental mote never go pulling with monkey9 end up with some fat burd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

part 2.

based on those two, Robbie clearly get's the last contact imo.

goal2f.jpg

major international incident solved. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

lol

indeed. A lot of people changing their tune from the match thread after actually looking a bit closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

part 2.

based on those two, Robbie clearly get's the last contact imo.

goal2f.jpg

major international incident solved. :cool:

the reason i think its hunts is if you look at that image section, but actually moving, after hunts touch, the ball changes direction, as you roll it on (slowly) keane swings, from that angle it looks like he may make contact, but equally the ball could simply be in front of his foot - either way i can't detect any, even slight, deviation in the balls path from when hunt hits it and its in the net. If keane did touch it, it doesn't appear to have been enough to change its course at all, which makes me think he just didn't touch it. I think he swung as the ball was already moving past him so his foot followed the ball without touching it.

Hope Hunt gets it anyway, Robbie's already gotten plenty of important goals, nice to share the wealth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol

Meh, it's in the record books as Keane's goal. And from the footage I have seen, it looks to me like it is right that Robbie gets it too.

Footage is inconclusive. Keano and the rest of the team clearly reckoned it was his. End of. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Meh, it's in the record books as Keane's goal. And from the footage I have seen, it looks to me like it is right that Robbie gets it too.

Footage is inconclusive. Keano and the rest of the team clearly reckoned it was his. End of. :)

:P

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i don't think you can say the 'rest of the team' thought he had gotten it, none of them could see it. All they saw was him running away claiming it. Certainly not 'end of', may as well type FACT at the end of a post, if anything makes people less likely to agree imo.

Hunt himself looked a bit surprised to see Keane doing so. Personally I thought Hunt got the touch when the replay behind the gold was first shown and I haven't see anything to make me change my mind.

copacetic wrote: »
    Hunt himself looked a bit surprised to see Keane doing so. Personally I thought Hunt got the touch when the replay behind the gold was first shown and I haven't see anything to make me change my mind.

Personally I thought Keane fired it into the net when the replay's were shown and I haven't seen anything conclusive to the contrary since then.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Personally I thought Keane fired it into the net when the replay's were shown and I haven't seen anything conclusive to the contrary since then.

well thats fair enought, the replays aren't conclusive. I just felt saying the team all thought he got the goal was a bit much as that was purely because of Keanes celebrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I just remember being confused, that at the time I was jumping up and down and thanking Keane's beautiful left foot, then only to see a closer reply much later on and thinking how odd it went in of his right foot...

makes a bit more sense now!

Surely Hunt isn't foolish enough to clame a goal that wasn't his.

TBH I think Hunt kicked Cannavaro and Keane kicked the ball. It's not beyond belief that Hunt toed it and Keane kicked it all in a split second though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

When I follow the ball, Hunt seems to connect on the half volley and force it down to bounce, as it's about to bounce i reckon Keane connects with Cannavaro. Also - Hunts foot kind of flicks up after the ball moves as if he's connected with the ball and followed through - whereas Keane doesn't follow through, which would happen if you hit something solid like a leg or foot...

I'd give it to Hunt. I'd like to see Sky/Rte confirm it though - surely it'll be clearer on Hi-Def than on our youtube clips =]

[EDIT] When i say "confirm it" above i mean confirm it either way - not just confirm that Hunt scored. Minor detail I know, but just to clarify...

kamobe wrote: »
    I'd like to see Sky/Rte confirm it though - surely it'll be clearer on Hi-Def than on our youtube clips =]

Well, they haven't taken it away from him, and people get employed to check this stuff. So...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hope Hunt gets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Regardless of who scored, I wonder how this will pan out... Will Hunt be pilloried for having a negative effect on team spirirt by bringing it up, or will Keane get the abuse for not being a 'fatherly' captain and giving the newboy a chance to get his name on the scoresheet, raise his confidence etc. .....

My first thoughts were it was Hunt's goal, but the way the celebrations panned out I thought it must be Keane's. My next thought was, 'why is Keane not giving Folan a bit more credit for doing the hard bit?', and then 'Why is he celebrating for so long for a relatively straightforward finish?' And finally 'A little bit less time celebrating and a little bit more clinical with the finishing for the next chance he got and I'd like Keane a lot, lot more'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hope Hunt gets it.

He did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hope he doesn't get it.

He came through and played at Rovers, so it's only right that a real footballer like Robbie should claim the goal, and not Hunty, a hoofball spoofer like those other fellas: Doyle and Fahey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement