Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noel Hunt claims Bari goal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Why did Hunt celebrate with the rest of them like he did as if it was Keane's goal, surely he would have looked a bit miffed and confused if he was convinced he got it himself?

Me thinks he saw footage of it after and is claiming it based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

stovelid wrote: »
    Hope he doesn't get it.

He came through and played at Rovers, so it's only right that a real footballer like Robbie should claim the goal, and not Hunty, a hoofball spoofer like those other fellas: Doyle and Fahey.

So regardless of who actually got the goal you still feel it should be awarded to Keane? Shay Given is real footballer too, sure let's give it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

quarryman wrote: »
    So regardless of who actually got the goal you still feel it should be awarded to Keane? Shay Given is real footballer too, sure let's give it to him.

Only joking. To me it looked like Hunt, and that's who I'd love to see it go to.
    PCros wrote: »
    Why did Hunt celebrate with the rest of them like he did as if it was Keane's goal, surely he would have looked a bit miffed and confused if he was convinced he got it himself?

He was afraid that Keane would lead a dressing room posse to reef off the hair piece that he had been carefully concealing up to that point.

Only joking. To me it looked like Hunt, and that's who I'd love to see it go to.

He was afraid that Keane would lead a dressing room posse to reef off the hair piece that he had been carefully concealing up to that point.

thought so, but wasn't sure :)

Ah yeah the incident that never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ah yeah the incident that never happened.

What's that? You recognizing a joke?

What's that? You recognizing a joke?

Very much so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hunts goal, the angle deffo backs his claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I hope Robbie gets it if only to shut up that [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] of a journalist Roy Curtis who always writes unhealtity negative articles abour RK nearly every second week, and he won't be able to use his cliche "no international goals scored against 1st seeded teams for an X number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I hope Robbie gets it if only to shut up that [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] of a journalist Roy Curtis who always writes unhealtity negative articles abour RK nearly every second week, and he won't be able to use his cliche "no international goals scored against 1st seeded teams for an X number of years.

I hate that Roy Curtis guy too, he's the only person in the world that talks more sh!te then Eamon Dunphy and thats saying soemthing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I hate that Roy Curtis guy too, he's the only person in the world that talks more sh!te then Eamon Dunphy and thats saying soemthing!

I find his articles unreadable. After a few sentences of him thinking he's hilarious by making surreal comparisons, i just give up and turn the paper around to see what the latest Gangland leader is up to in Spain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

He started off on a celebration on his own but looked around and seen everyone running to Robbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Dearg81 wrote: »

Roy Curtis is as healthy to the Sunday World as George Bush was to the USA. He is as illiterate as a 6 year old with no education. He is as lazy as Mr Lazy who won the Press Lazy competition 3 years in a row.

Easy to do isn't it Roy, you absolute hopeless journalist.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Roy Curtis is as healthy to the Sunday World as George Bush was to the USA. He is as illiterate as a 6 year old with no education. He is as lazy as Mr Lazy who won the Press Lazy competition 3 years in a row.

Easy to do isn't it Roy, you absolute hopeless journalist.:mad:
    Well said Robbie. And well done on the goal the other night. Definitely your goal, ignore the gloryHunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Soccer. A team game.

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    He started off on a celebration on his own but looked around and seen everyone running to Robbie

No he doesnt, take a look at the video he gets up runs straight for Robbie.

Still if you look at 2:35 on that video we can see at the time of impact to the ball Hunt has his leg stretched out for a toe poke, in my view that sort of connection with the ball could not have produced that sort of velocity, whereas Keane gets his foot right behind it.

My opinion anyway.....pity no photographs got the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

They showed it on RTE news. Keane definitely got the goal.
    Hunt touched the ball but Keane got the decisive kick on it right after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You're wrong there - he starts by running off on his own towards the back of the goal, then notices everyone celebrating with Keane and veers around to join them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

JPA wrote: »

i've watched it a good few times now, in slow, paused etc, and i cant see any change of direction after keane supposedly got contact. looks more like he swung after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Still if you look at 2:35 on that video we can see at the time of impact to the ball Hunt has his leg stretched out for a toe poke, in my view that sort of connection with the ball could not have produced that sort of velocity, whereas Keane gets his foot right behind it.

C.S.I Boards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i've watched it a good few times now, in slow, paused etc, and i cant see any change of direction after keane supposedly got contact. looks more like he swung after it

Couldn't he have kicked it in the same direction it was travelling?

Here is the page, http://www.rte.ie/sport/audiovideo.html, first link.

This is surely over now.

This is surely over now.

fair enough, much better angle then previously shown, looks like bobs alright, cheers for the link

Didnt see the video but from where I saw it, Curva Sud Superiore, I was sure he was making a dart towards the stand and then turned.

monkey9 wrote: »
    C.S.I Boards!

:D Too right! We should get Andy Gray involved....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the reason i think its hunts is if you look at that image section, but actually moving, after hunts touch, the ball changes direction, as you roll it on (slowly) keane swings, from that angle it looks like he may make contact, but equally the ball could simply be in front of his foot - either way i can't detect any, even slight, deviation in the balls path from when hunt hits it and its in the net. If keane did touch it, it doesn't appear to have been enough to change its course at all, which makes me think he just didn't touch it. I think he swung as the ball was already moving past him so his foot followed the ball without touching it.

the ball goes directly underneath Cannavaro's boot. I think looking at the replays and clips Hunt's boot was simply too far away to have gotten that final touch, his foot was practically on top of Cannavaro's

mike65 wrote: »
    Hunts goal, the angle deffo backs his claim.

JPA's right.
    follow the link:
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0403/1n_soccer1_av.html

the replay they provide shows the goal was scored exactly as I describe (i'm great :P), Hunts boot goes over Cannavaro's as in the picture; there's no way he made enough contact with the ball to get it under the Italian player. Whereas Robbie clearly gets a nice little toe poke on the ball to sent it under the tangle of legs.

I agree that it would be nice for Hunt and all, but it's Robbies goal without doubt.

P.S. While i don't blame him for thinking the goal might be his, Hunt was a ****ing idiot for speaking to the media over this. Wouldn't be surprised if Trappa doesn't look kindly on this whole thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

This is surely over now.

cheers, yep that seems to clear it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

This is surely over now.

Cheers for the link, there was not doubt that was Robbie's goal, Hunt is some chancer.

P.S. While i don't blame him for thinking the goal might be his, Hunt was a ****ing idiot for speaking to the media over this.

Especially as that vid makes it look like he didnt get a touch at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus what a clown Hunt is

Even if he did get a touch on the ball, you don't go on the radio moaning about Robbie getting credit for it :confused: Keep it in-house

Totally unprofessional IMO

• Advertisement

The way Keane celebrated after the goal, really brought me down from the high of the goal.
    Arms outstretched in a "love me, I'm your God" type way.
    I actually felt angry. That's probably OT anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

He celebrated like a dick.

All I remember of him is a failure who couldnt hack the big club and went running home with his tale between his legs. He played rubbish against Italy btw.

The way Keane celebrated after the goal, really brought me down from the high of the goal.

Yes, he went far, and yes he is arrogant, but to be fair a lot of people would have milked the moment if one had just scored an equaliser against the World Champions in the dying minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

looks to me like hunt missed completly doubt he'll get another game under trap very unprofessional I thought keane played well behind the front two linking up play and was always looking for the ball

I really grow to dislike the guy more and more as time goes on.

Absolutely hated watching him at Liverpool, arms and gums flapping away at every stray pass, while pro's like Torres get on with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dave! wrote: »
    Jayzus what a clown Hunt is

Even if he did get a touch on the ball, you don't go on the radio moaning about Robbie getting credit for it :confused: Keep it in-house

Totally unprofessional IMO

I saw the 2 Hunt brothers on soccer am on saturday. The 2 of them seem like they have a mental age of 10 combined and im pretty sure the numbers on the back of their jersies is actually their IQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Looking at the replay where clearly Hunt gets a nick on the ball before Robbie Keane got his foot behind it, its a wonder Hunt didnt take it off the toe of Keane....a case of too many cooks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked it. He had a tough time in Italy and I'm sure he felt like he had a lot to prove so I saw it as him sending a message to the Italian fans.

I hope he does something similar at Anfield on the last day of the season. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

they're going to confirm who scored it on the news on rte1 in a few minutes, please let it be Hunt

• Advertisement

Gerrin Robbie lad. :cool:

That makes it goal number 38 for Ireland. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Just saw it on RTE news, and there's no question about it, it's Keane's goal. It came off the sole of his boot. Hunt kicked fresh air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Well that was a load of balls, all it was was dunphy looking at the video and saying he thought it was keanes goal.

Hunts goal it was then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Well that was a load of balls, all it was was dunphy looking at the video and saying he thought it was keanes goal.

Hunts goal it was then :)

:confused:
    They played the clip. It was as plain as day from that particular angle that it came off Robbie's boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boo-urns RTE protecting Keanes reputation I think! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good stuff

Noel Hunt can feck off now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Really thought it was Hunt that made the contact, but that shot was conclusive. I stand corrected, sorry Rob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

redout wrote: »
    He celebrated like a dick.

All I remember of him is a failure who couldnt hack the big club and went running home with his tale between his legs. He played rubbish against Italy btw.
    I really grow to dislike the guy more and more as time goes on.

Absolutely hated watching him at Liverpool, arms and gums flapping away at every stray pass, while pro's like Torres get on with the game.

Nation of Begrudgers. :rolleyes:

Robbie Keane is a ****ing hero of a man and a footballer. A great professional who runs his ****ing socks off every time he plays. Glad to see justice being done and a good finish at a high pressure moment properly credited.

The amount of posts on this matter over the past few days is mind boggling. An Irish team goes to Bari (where Italy have never dropped points in a competitive fixture previously) and shows a lot of grit and determination to keep going for a vital point. And we have people on here who want to spew a bit of bile at our Captain and claim it wasn't his goal.

AWESOME :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Relax there bud, there was a legitimate reason to believe it was Hunt's

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And we have people on here who want to spew a bit of bile at our Captain and claim it wasn't his goal.

i don't give a s**t who he his, I have no problem "claiming it wasn't his goal" if there is nothing to show it was. There was no conclusive evidence until tonight that Keane nor Hunt scored it.

you seem to have a God complex with Keane that dictates he should be awarded the goal regardless of the evidence.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Nation of Begrudgers. :rolleyes:

Robbie Keane is a ****ing hero of a man and a footballer. A great professional who runs his ****ing socks off every time he plays. Glad to see justice being done and a good finish at a high pressure moment properly credited.

The amount of posts on this matter over the past few days is mind boggling. An Irish team goes to Bari (where Italy have never dropped points in a competitive fixture previously) and shows a lot of grit and determination to keep going for a vital point. And we have people on here who want to spew a bit of bile at our Captain and claim it wasn't his goal.

Hang on a second there Lloyd, I didn't post about this because its Keane, i posted about it because from the second i saw it, it looked like Hunts goal. I texted a buddy just after it happened saying i thought it was hunts. I posted here explaining exactly why i thought it was hunts. there was no "ugh, i just hate robbie, therefore its not his". I genuinely thought it looked like Hunt had a pretty decent claim to it, which was further backed up by Hunt himself saying he thought it might have been his. As soon as I saw the clip of the better angle i totally agreed it was Keanes.

As an aside, I have grown to dislike Robbie much much more on the pitch since he joined liverpool. It didn't bother me so much when he was at Spurs, but i absolutely hated him waving his arms around the place giving out to everyone everytime the ball didn't land at his feet. It absolutely bugged the **** out of me, and he's the only player i've seen doing it constantly under Rafa. I also think its partially this on-field attitude which has seen him leave. yes he ran his heart and soul out most of the time, but its the constant running people down that was just horrible to see. Sometimes people deserve a bollocking, being seriously out of position in defence, etc, but the occasional stray pass deserves more of a quiet word or even a clap for the attempt - the player himself will know he's missed the pass. Shouting and roaring like an obnoxious asshole isn't going to make the next pass better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement