Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy V Ireland - Bari

• 02-04-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Magic game and terrific trip

112070D1445242AFA11D2860F68CB729-500.jpg

976ECF90AC1449D0BA9A631E736C9F9D-500.jpg

8949CD7AF50741F7896A60FC423A455F-500.jpg

8EB39ED11F2240A9B839084E44D6C99E-500.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

are you a pro photographer - how did you get on the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Great photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

MooseJam wrote: »
    are you a pro photographer - how did you get on the field

There are a good few people on here who have media access for football, rugby and other sports.

Nice selection of photos. But, to me, they look a little off. The jersey doesn't seem as white as it should, especially when compared to the jersey colour on sportsfile or getty or such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Paulw wrote: »
    But, to me, they look a little off. The jersey doesn't seem as white as it should, especially when compared to the jersey colour on sportsfile or getty or such.

It's deliberate in the pp for use on the web, low res with the wb altered ever so slightly , the originals (RAW) have perfect white balance set using a lastolite

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

great images...... well done...

Was there many photographers from Ireland at this game?

I think I will go to the bulgaria vs irl game in june.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

really like #1 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Some nice photos, good stuff.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice shots JB, also looking into heading to the Bulgaria game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Good images, especially the last one > ITS MINE !!!! (ie. the goal that's being disputed) :eek::rolleyes:

irish147 wrote: »
    great images...... well done...

Was there many photographers from Ireland at this game?

There were 7 Irish snappers that I saw but about 400 Italians. They were in the ground from 3pm and had spots claimed at both ends. It was not a very pleasant experience with the scrums but being a fat fecker and well able to use elbows was an advantage.

I got into the stadium 3 hours before kick off and there were no facilities for photographers, no room, no wireless, no refreshments and no toilets, so any moans about the poor state of grounds in Ireland are nonsense :D

If you were in need of a loo you would have to leave the stadium and there was no re-entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

soccerc wrote: »
    I got into the stadium 3 hours before kick off and there were no facilities for photographers, no room, no wireless, no refreshments and no toilets, so any moans about the poor state of grounds in Ireland are nonsense :D

Sounds mad. I guess LOI grounds aren't bad afterall. And, at least the FAI treat us well for the home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Good stuff. Hunt's goal alright tho'. Even at the time I said Keane didn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

soccerc wrote: »
    There were 7 Irish snappers that I saw but about 400 Italians. They were in the ground from 3pm and had spots claimed at both ends. It was not a very pleasant experience with the scrums but being a fat fecker and well able to use elbows was an advantage.

If you were in need of a loo you would have to leave the stadium and there was no re-entry.
    We have GREAT SOCCER/GAA grounds here in Ireland after all... No JACKS is very bad, and no cups of tea too.... maybe thats why tickets are only ten euro in italy... the dublin game was 70 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Valentia wrote: »
    Good stuff. Hunt's goal alright tho'. Even at the time I said Keane didn't touch it.

Hmm. Seems from the news that I'm wrong.......again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Next on my agenda is an Ireland away trip...
    Nice shots John..

Here's an example of the snappers scrum I mentioned. This is only a very small group as most were following Lippi and not Trap

3417275923_462252b2db.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

Quality Photos...well done!What camera do you use?

Advertisement