Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sven sacked by Mexico

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

haha

the people here who rate Sven need their heads examined.

Only chairmen with rose tinted glasses would appoint Sven.

What has he actually won in the last 10 years, ok so he WAS quite a successful manager, but now....

and now I mean 10 years or so, he has just coined in money and made a name out of himself like he is some flaming celebrity.

And no one will touch him with a 1000 foot barge pole now because of his ridiculous wage demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I respect Moyes as a manager for what he's done at Everton but I find your argument ridiculous.

the last mayor trophy he won was 10 years ago, since then he has won diddly squat.

What major trophy has Moyes won in the last ten years?

Frisbee wrote: »
    I respect Moyes as a manager for what he's done at Everton but I find your argument ridiculous.

What major trophy has Moyes won in the last ten years?

Im sure if Moyes demanded to manage a club with assets of 100M plus and a hefty transfer budget he would have won something.

look at Svens record, half the stuff he won.

The last major thing he won was eons ago,

but yeh, totally great manager, obvious successor to alex ferguson tbh

öteborg
    o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982 :confused:
    o Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
    o UEFA Cup Winners 1982
    * Benfica
    o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
    o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
    o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989 ??
    o European Cup Runners Up 1990
    o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983
    * Roma
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1986
    * Sampdoria
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1994
    * Lazio
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
    o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
    o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
    o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
    o Serie A Champions 2000
    * England National Football Team
    o FA Summer Tournament Winners 2004 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

but yeh, totally great manager, obvious successor to alex ferguson tbh

you realise he was very close to being just that only a few short years ago?

you are like a hyper child on here lately, spouting ****e everywhere you turn, go off, chill out & have a lie down young man.

Mr Alan wrote: »

you are like a hyper child on here lately, spouting ****e everywhere you turn, go off, chill out & have a lie down young man.

I guess the hierarchy at old trafford realised what they would be getting themselves into if they hired Sven.

So, you would be delighted if he took over at pool then.

The only people who could possibly like Sven are people who see through equally thick rimmed rose tinted glasses IMO.

I guess the hierarchy at old trafford realised what they would be getting themselves into if they hired Sven.

No no, there was uproar from the FA that such a good manager may be poached from under their nose & then SAF changed his mind about retiring.
    So, you would be delighted if he took over at pool then.

i am more than happy with who we have, BUT if for some reason Rafa left, yes i wouldnt be against the idea of Sven. and during the dark times when it looked like Rafa might walk, he popped into my head as one of the only viable replacements.

Im sure if Moyes demanded to manage a club with assets of 100M plus and a hefty transfer budget he would have won something.

So Benfica and Sampdoria were big spenders?

öteborg
    o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982 :confused:
    o Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
    o UEFA Cup Winners 1982
    * Benfica
    o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
    o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
    o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989 ??
    o European Cup Runners Up 1990
    o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983
    * Roma
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1986
    * Sampdoria
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1994
    * Lazio
    o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
    o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
    o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
    o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
    o Serie A Champions 2000
    * England National Football Team
    o FA Summer Tournament Winners 2004 :pac:

That's still 16 more major trophies than Moyes has won.

Eriksson has been a manger for 30 years with 16 trophies
    Moyes has been a manager for 11 years with a second division title

So to compare in eleven years of management Moyes has 1 *cough* trophy *cough* while Eriksson in his first eleven years won eleven trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

These Everton fans. They do well for a small club, finishing in UEFA Cup positions in the league a few times and then all of a sudden, they start getting cocky!!

But hey he lives a good life though and gets his hole with some very sexy ladies considering he looks like a geography teacher, whatever about his lack of success for a decade.

• Advertisement

No no, there was uproar from the FA that such a good manager may be poached from under their nose & then SAF changed his mind about retiring.

i am more than happy with who we have, BUT if for some reason Rafa left, yes i wouldnt be against the idea of Sven. and during the dark times when it looked like Rafa might walk, he popped into my head as one of the only viable replacements.

would be awesome if Sven went to pool tbh..!

Sven Vs Moyes locking horns on derby day.. yum

whatever about his lack of success for a decade.

Same as Moyes

But hey he lives a good life though and gets his hole with some very sexy ladies considering he looks like a geography teacher, whatever about his lack of success for a decade.

Again, he spent the majority of this decade managing England. Quarter finals of three tournaments losing two on penos and the other to the eventual Champions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I don't think anyone can doubt his ability to score :D

I think that is what would put him off coming to Pompey...have you seen the wimmin :eek:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=15814.msg293039

most of these guys have the consensus he was **** also.

So, the jury is out.

what odds will pp offer on him being linked to Newcastle within a week I wonder...

would be awesome if Sven went to pool tbh..!

Sven Vs Moyes locking horns on derby day.. yum

god you're living in dreamland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Honest to god, will you change the record ffs, and while your at it start reading publications that cost more than the price of a bog roll.

Every argument you have made has been soundly punished by fact yet your still bangin on about his pay cheque and a few women hes 'tackled'. Christ, i saw nancy dell'olio on newsnight with jeremy paxman and if i said she was a 'fruitcake' id be being kind. Its no wonder sven preferred playing away from home, shes a basket case.

You claim united saw sense at the last minute blah blah yet you fail to acknowledge that despite svens short time there, he did the double over united in the league. Nobody with an ounce of sense would argue 'but he hasnt won anything in 10 years', essentially, we are talking about the world cup and the euros but of course thats my bad, england were fckin prolific in those before he joined, werent they?

You have spouted nothing but garbage throughout this thread in your posts, gooday to you sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

little kids and teenagers should be banned from this forum

And if you think i'm alone, sure you will find lots of other people on forums around the world saying the same thing

jesus i didnt know that was definative proof of anthing....my apologies.

actually, considering you seem to place so much importance on what people of Liverpool fansites think, i must show you what they think of aul Dignity Moyes........and considering "lots of people on the internet are saying it" it must be true :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dignity Moyes

Did you pick up that little bit of hilarity from a Liverpool fan site, or did you make it up all by yourself?

em, he is quite commonly refered to as that by a lot of Liverpool fans after slating LFC & claiming he does things with dignity at Everton.
    "I'd never come here looking for a draw that's for sure. I might have taken a draw in the end. We look after our business here, we do things with a bit of dignity at Everton."

not really the same kinda thing as writing off a manager as being useless cause some clowns on a internet site think so.

• Advertisement

ok, lets assume for a moment folk that I support go ahead eagles and have no idea who David 'Dignity' Moyes is.

What has Sven achieved for a decade apart from getting sacked from every job, dont tell me about England, the FA were dying to get rid of him.

[along with most other clubs he managed tbh]

What has Sven achieved for a decade apart from getting sacked from every job, dont tell me about England, the FA were dying to get rid of him.

Got to the latter stages of three large international competitions.
    Was doing a great job at Citeh until a nutjob owner decided to start throwing his weight about.
    Did the double over United.

And how can we leave Moyes out of the equation when your saying he's better than Sven?

Sven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moyes

Got to the latter stages of three large international competitions.

In other words he won sfa for his 3000million a year salary

NEXT..

Was doing a great job at Citeh until a nutjob owner decided to start throwing his weight about.

ya, sure they always say that.
    Did the double over United.... WOW..!

Moyes beat Liverpool in the cup and held them to draws on other occasions with effectively a b team.

NEXT.....

And how can we leave Moyes out of the equation when your saying he's better than Sven?

> well Im not saying he is better, I am just saying that Sven is useless.

Sven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moyes

maybe his manhood is that longer, couldnt argue with that..:D

maybe his manhood is that longer, couldnt argue with that..:D

you really are making a fool of yourself in this thread.

I really am amazed.
    All the facts are there in front of you.

In the first eleven years of his career Moyes has a second division title.
    Whereas in the first eleven years of Sven's career he won 11 titles.

Now you may argue that Sven has done nothing in the last eleven years of his career.
    However if this is your argument towards him being useless then Moyes is useless too as he has achieved nothing in the last eleven years either.

We both know neither to be useless managers, they're both experienced and talented.

And your response to me saying he was doing a good job at City until Shinawatra shipped him out of "ya sure they always say that" really doesn't cover you in glory.

Your point is? In case you have been missing out, Sven has been linked to almost every high profile job with most of the biggish teams around Europe over the last number of years whenever a vacancy arises/.

[Mr.Dignity himself was also linked to that job also]

I really am amazed.
    All the facts are there in front of you.

In the first eleven years of his career Moyes has a second division title.
    Whereas in the first eleven years of Sven's career he won 11 titles.

Im not talking about Mr.Dignity no more, Im generally saying Sven is crap, for the last decade anyway.

I never compared Moyes Vs Sven, I said it was like comparing Tony Soprano to Brian Cowen, get a grip. Just because I support Everton ffs, Moyes is doing a great job for all the resources he has. Everton should be in the bottom half of the table now after the start we had but find our self just off 4th.

Plenty of reds also think he is tripe, and most of my friends in the UK said he was crap for England. He had the charm of a dustbin and zero man management, the only good thing he did for England was put Walcott into the squad..

Now you may argue that Sven has done nothing in the last eleven years of his career.
    However if this is your argument towards him being useless then Moyes is useless too as he has achieved nothing in the last eleven years either.

We both know neither to be useless managers, they're both experienced and talented.

And your response to me saying he was doing a good job at City until Shinawatra shipped him out of "ya sure they always say that" really doesn't cover you in glory.

Well, actually I think it was harsh on Citeh alright, the owners, but winning the double over Man u is all he can brag about. meh...!

I don't rate him, that is all. I think also that it will be surprising for any team to get him now as his salary's have been totally ridiculous.

the only good thing he did for England was put Walcott into the squad..

Im out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How the fuk has Sven been sacked by Mejico got anything to do with David Moyes ?

Four pages of baffledom :confused:

redout wrote: »
    How the fuk has Sven been sacked by Mejico got anything to do with David Moyes ?

Four pages of baffledom :confused:

No idea:confused:
    I think people see my sig and get carried away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What way is the wind blowing tonight :D

you brought Moyes into it

I might always harper on about David Moyes but everyone respects him, he is a no nonsense down to earth manger. doesn't take any crap and has turned Everton from a team everyone loved to play and which was at the wrong end of the table to a team most clubs hate playing and is up near the top. With limited budget and very shrewd buys.

Sven has won a cup winners cup with Lazio in 1999 and the league the next year with a Lazio squad at at the time who would have won with anyone in charge it could be argued. Its like putting Sven in Charge of Barca now, next years Spanish la liga, no problem sir.

Your point is? In case you have been missing out, Sven has been linked to almost every high profile job with most of the biggish teams around Europe over the last number of years whenever a vacancy arises/.

[Mr.Dignity himself was also linked to that job also]

didn't Sven meet with the Utd reps to discuss the possible move? fairly sure he did.

Moyes has never been linked realistically, the closest he came was Boggles suggesting him as a possible number 2 in the summer!

possible number 2

L-0-L

right, moving on lads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im out
    you brought Moyes into it

Just when you think you're out, BOOM, They suck you back in! ;)

Guaranteed that Sven will be linked to the barcodes within a week

FACT

not sure if he will settle for a championship team tho

Guaranteed that Sven will be linked to the barcodes within a week

FACT

not sure if he will settle for a championship team tho

Je$us f*cking Christ! You're the evertonian Boggles, you really are

If managerial success is measured by the number of zeros in your bank account, then the last few years have been a triumph for Sven-Goran Eriksson.

After being sacked by Mexico last week, the Swede was given his third seven-figure pay-off in three years.

Yet his CV suggests a once-glittering career is going off the rails. Eriksson was fired after just 10 months with Mexico, following a solitary season at Manchester City.

The last couple of years have been tough. We want to go to a good club where we can stay for a few years and work on a long-term project."
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

So, Sven is still a great manager i guess, great is success is measured in the number of zeros at the end of your bank account :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

How does anything in your post indicate that Sven is a bad manager?

• Advertisement

I think you can roughly translate it as follows

Sven has won nothing in recent years but done quite well for himself financially.

He is now looking for a new job / project for a big [Galáctico] club where ha can stay for a a year or maybe even two ( shock horror!) and receive a 7 figure pay out when he is sacked.

Doesn't take much grey matter to make that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Now where in the name of jaysus did you get that from what he said? He wants a new job, big deal, so do most of us, if he can demand high wages, more power to him, should he take a lower wage to benefit those lovely non-profit organisation football clubs?

He is now looking for a new job / project for a big [Galáctico] club where ha can stay for a a year or maybe even two ( shock horror!) and receive a 7 figure pay out when he is sacked.

Your first quote (which you've made the schoolboy error of not citing where it's from btw) does not translate to that in the slightest.

What you just said is what you want to see it as.

1997–2001 Lazio
    2001–2006 England
    2007–2008 City
    2008–2009 Mexico

An average of 3 years at each club which was hugely cut by a nut job owner and an admittedly bad spell at Mexico where he couldn't win an away game to save his life.

Advertisement