Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ontario Tent city residents branded with wristbands..E_tag Bracelets will be next!!!.

• 02-04-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Dozens of Ontario police and code enforcement officers descended upon the homeless encampment known as Tent City early Monday, separating those who could stay from those to be evicted.

Large, often confused, crowds formed ragged lines behind police barricades where officers handed out color-coded wristbands. Blue meant they were from Ontario and could remain. Orange indicated they had to provide more proof to avoid ejection, and white meant they had a week to leave.

No doubt we will see this streaming system rolled out across the rest of North America with additional wristbands for those that are "fit to work" and those that are destined to the Fema Camps. Wrist bands are not a good idea because they can be removed and swapped easily, E_tag bracelets will be next and then the obvious which dose not bear thinking of.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/orange/la-me-tents18mar18%2C0%2C1589130.story

34050.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Ontario police seem to be wearing quite outdated uniforms if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Gordon wrote: »
    The Ontario police seem to be wearing quite outdated uniforms if you ask me.
    :)

Check this link, it must be true. :pac:

http://dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com/2009/04/ontario-tent-city-residents-must-wear.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Aren't you a year too late? In fact, you're a bit later. Back in 2007 a small camp was set up to house some homeless people. But word of mouth spread and homeless from all over made their way to this vagrant mecca. In fact, so many people that the camp can't be maintained. Something has to be done to stop it. And what better than to send those homeless, who are not from Ontario back to where they came from, so those cities and states can actually deal with the problem, rather than offloading it on someone else.

Reminds me of that Southpark episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Though that propaganda and scaremongering was an evil NWO tactic?

And there is nothing to indicate that this system will be used anywhere else or will lead to electronic tagging.

Your claim is just ridiculous.

Edit: As humanji has just pointed out: that story is a year old. And has this system been used anywhere else?

King Mob wrote: »
    Edit: As humanji has just pointed out: that story is a year old.
    Link?

• Advertisement

Link?

Seriously? Do you even read what you post?
    By David Kelly, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    March 18, 2008

So what if its dated by a year, This problem has come a long way and spread out more since March 2008. The problem is NOT going away.

I am sure the Authorities will be looking into other methods of identifying those that are worthy of encampment and those that are not.

So what if its old hat and I didn't check the date on that link, the problem is escalating by the day and has come a long way and spread out more since March 2008.
    Well you claimed it would lead to e-tagging. It's been a year. Has it lead to e tagging?
    I am sure the Authorities are looking into other methods of identifying those that are worthy of encampment and those that are not.
    Again showing you haven't understood the article.
    They aren't putting people in camps, they're doing the exact opposite.

Well you claimed it would lead to e-tagging. It's been a year. Has it lead to e tagging?
    Rome wasn't built in a day. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They could always move out of the city and run to da hills .

If I hadn't somebody else would have .

• Advertisement

Rome wasn't built in a day. :rolleyes:

So no it has not lead to etagging. There is nothing to suggest that they will move on to etagging.

But tell us are they still even using the bracelet thing in that tent city?

Can you actually make a post without:rolleyes:?
    Or make one that isn't wild speculation for that matter?

Latchy wrote: »
    They could always move out of the city and run to da hills .

If I hadn't somebody else would have .
    :)

Run to the hills run for your lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Edit: As humanji has just pointed out: that story is a year old. And has this system been used anywhere else?
    Link?
    By David Kelly, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    March 18, 2008

RtdH, seriously, do you check things out before you post them? The other thread about the new tower on the site of the twin towers was just abandoned by you when a very obvious point was made.

Mr X: What do you think of my new red car?
    Mr Y: Eh ... its a blue boat.
    Mr X: ..... so, well a boat is just a car that goes on water and has no wheels.
    Mr Y: Ok but what about the fact its blue?
    Mr X: .........

6th wrote: »
    RtdH, seriously, do you check things out before you post them? The other thread about the new tower on the site of the twin towers was just abandoned by you when a very obvious point was made.
    That article appeared on the following site yesterday, I admit did over see the date on their source link nevertheless it did happen and and was fresh news to me and no doubt we will be hearing more of this sort thing at these establishments as the situation deteriorates.

http://dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com/2009/04/ontario-tent-city-residents-must-wear.html
    6th wrote: »
    The thread about the new tower on the site of the twin towers was just abandoned by you when a very obvious point was made.
    Point was proven in the opening paragraph, e,IE the dropping of the title "Freedom Towers" and the convenient renaming of the place to the "New World Trade Center". What more could be said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE52Q6DS20090327

Again, you didn't read that article either. It's being changed to "One World Trade Centre", which you no doubt see as the NWO hiding in plain site, as opposed to using it's actual postal address like the old towers did.

Well is that system still used in the tent city in Ontario? Has it progressed to e-tagging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This thread is amusing.

Well is that system still used in the tent city in Ontario? Has it progressed to e-tagging?
    The Ontario Tent City has gone from housing 400 people to 90 people. Here's an article from this year about the idea of creating one in Sacremento, that talks about the one in Ontario

http://cbs13.com/local/tent.city.brandi.2.952758.html

humanji wrote: »
    The Ontario Tent City has gone from housing 400 people to 90 people. Here's an article from this year about the idea of creating one in Sacremento, that talks about the one in Ontario

http://cbs13.com/local/tent.city.brandi.2.952758.html

Here's me thinking it was Ontario, Canada.:o

Here's me thinking it was Ontario, Canada.:o
    Shhhh, so did I!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

humanji wrote: »
    Shhhh, so did I!

I didn't :o

:rolleyes: I swear.