Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fudge & Toffee

• 02-04-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Looking for a fool proof recipie for fugde & toffee....

Have been trying various methods and stuff but noting really seems to be working for me they either dont set or set too hard or it just doesnt work!!

Any one a fool proof one that just CANNOT fail??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Do you have a candy thermometer?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

nothing wrote: »
    Do you have a candy thermometer?

Anyone with an intersest in making sweet things should have one in the cutlery drawer. Pick them up in any catering supplies store (tommy varden in galway, brennans in cork, oliver plunket street or the warehouse in wilton beside soundstore, or from shannon catering supplies in dock rd, limerick. there'll be more in your area, those are the ones that at some stage have been in my area. Plus while there pick up a decent balloon whisk and some mixed size steel bowls, it'll be the best money you'll spend.

until then heres some links to using condensed milk (bought in 99% of supermarkets, (just be careful if boiling in the can, let it cool FULLY!!!!. once saw a commis opening a can, not cooled and once the air hit it, it took off, skyward!), for fudge.
    http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/98/Condensed-Milk-Fudge

I don't know your skill level, and don't want to seem condesending, so any questions please ask.

http://www.banoffee.co.uk/banoffee/recipe1.html
    Then one for toffee, its banoffi pie/slice but the method is the same, just read over it, its easy peasy. Just boil/simmer the can of condensed milk for times guided, let cool, open can, scoop out and warm as it'll be thick. you can always add some double cream to let it down a bit.

These are just links to easy methods, if this is too easy or not to your liking, say so and i'll try my best to help out.

Happy cooking,
    Keith.

Advertisement