Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical

Options
  • 02-04-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey there,
    Im in fifth year and studying music for my leaving cert. I've decided to play piano and violin for my practical. I have plenty of piano pieces in mind but my violin teacher has told me to start looking for pieces I'd like to do. Im at diploma level with ABRSM. Any suggestions of short pieces for this level that would be suitable?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You don't have to do short pieces. I just did my practical yesterday and used grade 7-8 pieces but edited them to be a lot shorter.
    My advice is just variety! I did the 6 on one instrument choice.
    Went with two traditional, one Irish and the other general. A Spanish Carmen piece, Mozart Concerto, Handle piece, and a solo arrangement of a Disney song.
    It's really up to you, vary it to keep the examiner interested!

Advertisement