Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS Payments?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

So I bought my first house three months ago (I know,I know:rolleyes:).

We received our TRS rebate last March 15th, only it's just one month's worth!
    We're hoping it may iron itself out this month in that we'll receive back-pay.

My question is, is this normal procedure?
    Should I have queried the payment already in light of the emergency budget due next week?
    All opinions appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

Hi, when you say you received a rebate, do you mean you got tax relief off that month's payment or your bank sent you a cheque for the amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I had the same issue and when I called them they said that after the first TRS rebate, 6 weeks later I would get a bigger sum for the previous months. It was more like 8 weeks later but it came eventually. Give the TRS helpline a call, they're very helpful

- S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hi, when you say you received a rebate, do you mean you got tax relief off that month's payment or your bank sent you a cheque for the amount?

I got the tax relief off that month's payment direct into my account....
    Off now to ring the helpline...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MollyRo

Hi

I was waiting a while too but what they did was increase my tax relief for the rest of the year... they basically paid it back to me through higher levels of tax relief until end of december 08. you contact the bank about it as it is done at source

Advertisement