Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help whats wrong with me

• 02-04-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I've been seeing a girl for roughly 2 months now, and shes great. We're "officially" boyfriend and girlfriend anyway. We were friends for 3 or 4 months beforehand, flirted alot and ended up getting drunk together and seeing eachother since. I'm 22 and irish, she's 23 and polish

The thing is that we both work together, her full time and me on weekends, so we'd usually see eachother Friday and saturday, sunday as I usually stay in hers saturday, and then organise to do something together one night during the week.

I'm a good looking guy, have good friends and usually output alot of confidence, but I'll be the first to admit(not out loud) that I'm quite insecure, and I get feelings of jealousy sometimes if shes talking to coworkers alot, or feel paranoid if she gos out with her friends. For example her new roommate just moved in who is also polish, and I felt paranoid almost straight away, for no real reason.

She's givin me no reason not to trust her and I don't think she would cheat but I guess it's more me worrying about her hitting it off with someone else and losing interest in me. She's great and I'm really into her and know she's into me, but I know one of the reasons I worry about this is because we work together, both love our job, and I'm not sure I'd be able to work with her if we split.

I usually just play it cool, give her space, not always texting her etc, being very careful about coming on too strong, and then when we're together we get on great.

So:

1. Should I even be thinking about stuff like this at only 2 months in? Should I just lower my expectations and try to just have fun?
    2. As regards keeping her interested am I doing the right thing? Not being overbearing and not texting her all the time etc, letting her do her own thing.
    3. Any advice on how to stop feeling paranoid and less insecure in general.

I should note that I havn't had any real girlfriends, but just had years of going out on the pull, and having very brief flings. But I genuinely like this girl and know she likes me (now anyway) and think it could go somewhere. Theres nothing to suggest anythings wrong between the two of us at the moment, so am I just thinking too much in general and need to chill out?

Thanks and sorry about the length

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

keep it the way things are at the moment.No strong drama or thinking too much about the future.Just enjoy and chill.Its fifty fifty in any relationship and the last thing you want is to become paranoid or over bearing .If things arwe to progress they will in time and you will become more relaxed and secure in yourself.

No expectations,you are inexperienced and remember nobody has all the answers.Just go with the flow,make a bit of an effort,give some space and relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

chill out - its a couple thing -enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

ya play it cool and go along with the game. Polish women like to spoiled more than irish ones...I think (from my experience!). Have a polish gf myself.

Advertisement