Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

design jobs/internships NY

Options
  • 02-04-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello,

I was hoping someone can give me any idea of how the design industry is in New York at the moment. Im a recently qualified fashion and multimedia graduate, and my dream has always been to head to NY and get some experience there. Ive been before on a J1 and got an internship that provided a daily stipend no problem, but that was at the height of everything booming. Ideally I'd be hoping to work in digital design, web/graphic stuff for the fashion industry.

I've been looking on craigslist and there still seem to be plenty of oppurtunities around. I'm happy to work for free/with a stipend for a couple of months, but after that Id need to get something that paid.

Would also be happy to work in bar/restaurant and work free for longer, but Im scared that industry will be harder to find work in too?

Any current update on how things really are there would be greatly appreciated, Im willing to work hard, but Im scared its impossible (have been looking for jobs here for about 3 months so getting pessimistic!)

Thanks a million,
    Susy

Advertisement