Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a descent Lawnmower

• 02-04-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Looking for a descent lawnmower. Must have a drive as it's a .5 acra site. And a fairly wide cutter. Not a ride-on as we have nowhere to put it. A mower that won't be bust when we go to use it next year. Are the B&Qs or Homebase a good option? We are in the midwest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

If you want something durable for a large site, I recommend Masport. They're used by the Dublin County Council.

I bought one myself 10 years ago & still starts first time every Spring after zero servicing. The machine is a beast - in addition to lawn, I cut the hedges annually, & 'hoover' up the branches & clippings with this thing, which mulches them into smithereens.

Local distributor in Ireland from website masport.com is

Distributor: John McKenna Lawnmower Spares Limited
    Phone: +353 1 8309379
    Fax: +353 1 830 9690

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

this is brilliant:D
    its actually a pleasure to cut the grass,

honda hrx 537

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

this is brilliant:D
    its actually a pleasure to cut the grass,

honda hrx 537

They are an absolute beast of a yoke. You can get them now with a toughened plastic deck aswell, which makes them very light and manoeuvrable. They have a hydrostatic drive aswell which is very handy for changing speed on the move.

I know a landscaper that has three of them. Never had a problem. Can be a bit pricey though. Thing is they should last you up to ten years without any major problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I suppose i should have mentioned my budget as the mowers above are big money. The budget is about 350 euro. Thanks.

Advertisement