Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage has Increased This Month

Options
  • 02-04-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Apologies if this isn't the right forum.

We have a tracker mortgage and we're on FTB tax relief. We're not due to come off a discount rate or anything like that.

I noticed that the mortgage has increased by 60EUR this month and I can't think of any reason for this. I'll be ringing up tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else with RBS has noticed this and or if they have an explanation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

if on tax relief, it could be that your total expected interest to pay is less than the €10,000 per annum that the 20-25% tax reflef is calculated on

So you would get less relief, and thus in the balance of things have to pay more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

As the interest rates go down your relief can go down accordingly too.

Up until a couple of months ago i was getting the max, ie €166 pm, now its down do €133, as a couple both on the max you would be likly to be paying €60 more in real terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Payment could be based on the number of days in the month? Feb < March, so March payment is higher? That's what happened with our mortgage payment as well.

Advertisement