Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players acting the bollox - season thread

• 02-04-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

EDIT: After viewing the thread I think that we should keep this as a regular and add to it and discuss each week when players "act the bollox" be it league, cup or Uefa ties

This chap needs a good old Brian Clough kick up the arse !

Wigan manager Steve Bruce has launched a scathing attack on Amr Zaki after the Egyptian failed to return from international duty on time.

The on-loan striker was due back in Wigan on Tuesday, more than 36 hours after he had taken part in a World Cup qualifier against Zambia.

Compatriot Mido returned as scheduled but Zaki did not show and repeated efforts by club staff to contact the player have proved fruitless.

The Latics have received a faxed report from the Egypt team doctor claiming Zaki has a hamstring injury and needed rest but that has not been backed up by the required scan to highlight the problem.

It is the fourth occasion this season that Zaki has not come back to England promptly and Bruce has promised to fine him heavily.
    "I really am at the end of my tether with him," Bruce said on the club's official website.

"Before this latest incident, Zaki had already been fined considerably more than the average person in Britain earns in a year and he will now face another heavy fine.

"This is the fourth time he has not reported back on time from international training.

"I have already fined him the maximum allowed but this just seems to have no effect.

"I am now fearful that if I don't take firm action, it will disrupt the rest of my squad, who - to a man - behave totally professionally.

"I just feel it's time that we went public on just what a nightmare he has been to deal with.

"I can honestly say that in all my time in football I have never worked with someone as unprofessional.

Bruce believes Zaki has let the supporters down and added that personally he felt extremely disappointed by the 26-year-old's behaviour.

"Zaki's behaviour has shown total disrespect to the club who pays him a very good wage and equally as importantly, to the fans who sing his name from the stands," said Bruce.

"I think it's time for them to know the truth about the man.
    "This situation needs to be resolved as soon as possible and I don't feel it's appropriate to say anything more at this stage, apart from how let down I feel, personally and professionally."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5135657,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

seemingly zaki and mido had a fight whilst away.

hmmmm who to cheer for the fat waster collecting a cheque or the mis managed PL goal scoring legend in the making.

i like Zaki :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dreamers75 wrote: »
    the mis managed PL goal scoring legend in the making.

i like Zaki :D

is this all tongue in cheek?

Anelka Chelsea 15 Gerrard Liverpool 13 Ronaldo Man Utd 13 Crouch Portsmouth 11 Davies Bolton 11 Robinho Man City 11 Agbonlahor Aston Villa 10 Bent Tottenham 10 Lampard Chelsea 10 Zaki Wigan 10
    SlickRic wrote: »
    is this all tongue in cheek?

hasnt scored since he 1st fell out with Bruce, hes only on loan at Wigan.

Imo this is the Moravcik of the PL, an unknown gem of a player just mismanaged by Bruce.

my opinon.

Imo this is the Moravcik of the PL, an unknown gem of a player just mismanaged by Bruce.

my opinon.

all decent points i suppose if you're making huge assumptions that aren't based on any fact.

i was genuinely interested becuase I'm not a huge fan at all. he seems to have a dodgy attitude, and I wouldn't personally put him not scoring down to Bruce alone. I wouldn't put Bruce down as someone whose a bad man manager either; any other player at Wigan seems to give their all for him.

so my personal conclusion is he's a bit of bad character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Anelka Chelsea 15 Gerrard Liverpool 13 Ronaldo Man Utd 13 Crouch Portsmouth 11 Davies Bolton 11 Robinho Man City 11 Agbonlahor Aston Villa 10 Bent Tottenham 10 Lampard Chelsea 10 Zaki Wigan 10

my opinon.

how has Bruce mismanaged him? Or are you talking through your backside? Because you can't possibly know what's going on. On the face of it Zaki has acted disgracefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Really bad form from Zaki if this is the 4th or 5th time its happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The Chairman has seemingly backed up Bruce on his comments.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Really bad form from Zaki if this is the 4th or 5th time its happened.
    That's what I thought, I'd chuck him in the reserves for a while tbh

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I asked the boss could i do a nixer last weekend, thing was, there was a big job on the monday.
    Well see, I did the nixer, but I was too shagged to turn up the monday morning so fup it, I didn't show.
    He's not happy (the boss), hope i'll get paid this week even though i did SFA in work anyway.
    The boys reckon there's no job there for me next week.
    I'll get the papers onto him:mad::mad::mad:

10 goals in the best league in the world by novemberish by an unknown player in a **** team seems to sell it to me that that this lad is **** hot.

Having seen him a few times i agree this lad is **** hot and in a good team he would do very well.

Chelsea were touted as his next destination maybe it got to his head, but fundemental management skills are to get the best out of people that dont what to do what you tell them to.

I dont think Bruce is a good man manager and is about to let the next Lubo slip away hopefully to a better team with a decent manager as there is no doubt Zaki has got skillz.

Cmon Jimenez sign him up..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

and Zaki wants to stay in the PL :rolleyes:

on your bike zaki

the nerve of him tbh after bruce brought him to the pl from a mickey mouse league

good riddens zaki

Headshot wrote: »

the nerve of him tbh after bruce brought him to the pl from a mickey mouse league

seriously , WIGAN were offered Zaki on loan with a view to perm move.

if you gonna spout ****e at least know your ****e.

in a **** team

wigan aren't ****.

crouch has 13 for portsmouth, and davies 11 for bolton. now they've been **** this season.

have you even thought zaki just had a hot streak? he's obviously not got the right attitude or temperament to make it as big as you seem to claim he could be. and i'll say again, bruce has never had problems like this. and if its the 4th or 5th time he's done well not to kick him out of the club, he seems to have managed it quite admirably.

i shudder to think what you'd do.

seriously , WIGAN were offered Zaki on loan with a view to perm move.

if you gonna spout ****e at least know your ****e.

ehh what

mate I dont know whats your problem tbh,if bruce wasnt interested zaki, he wouldnt be in the PL

so please before you spout your ****e as you call it,look carefully at my post before commenting

, bruce has never had problems like this. and if its the 4th or 5th time he's done well not to kick him out of the club, he seems to have managed it quite admirably.

i shudder to think what you'd do.

ohh gonna pick on that, assuming your a fan of the PL and all the goings on in it. How many strikers has Bruce played in the last 5 years with his teams.

normal people would say 16, 10 1st choice and maybe another 6 for injuries. go check out brucies record of strikers its ****ing mental ;)

i dont think he likes them for some reason.

As i said i think Zaki is **** hot and far better then most plying their trade within the top four, but tbh Sevilla interested in him and thats all i really care about.

As i said i think Zaki is **** hot and far better then most plying their trade within the top four, but tbh Sevilla interested in him and thats all i really care about.

Iv really seen it all tbh

dumbfounded by this statement

woooh seville are interested wow the same seville that are in financial trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

You turn up on time, when expected. End of.

Manager, goals...they dont come into it. A lot
    of waffle on this thread.

ohh gonna pick on that, assuming your a fan of the PL and all the goings on in it. How many strikers has Bruce played in the last 5 years with his teams.

normal people would say 16, 10 1st choice and maybe another 6 for injuries. go check out brucies record of strikers its ****ing mental ;)

erm, would Zaki get in the Utd team? No
    Liverpool? No
    Arsenal? No
    Chelsea? No

no this is the one i'm dumbfounded by.

'bruce doesn't like strikers'. interesting.

in all seriousness, he's not that good. definitely not good enough to be acting the prat like he is. and there's no excuse. he's a professional, and should act accordingly.

Zaki is 26 years old and Wigan are the only team resembling a big club he has ever played for. He clearly thinks he's the sh*t, but has done little in his club career to back that up. Talented yes. But it takes so much more than that.

A few months ago i'd have taken him at Liverpool to be our reserve striker. But to be honest i'm happy and proud that we have humble and hardworking players like Kuyt, who's infinitely more valuable than the likes of Zaki. Quaresma is another who springs to mind in that ilk.

• Advertisement

talking about players acting the bollox

prime example here

my camera work;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Hmmm, players acting the Bollix? We know all about them at Rangers these days....unfortunately its our ****ing "captain" who thinks he's billy big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

may i just add... what a thread title!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Discount peno's and Zaki has 6 premiership goals, and hasn't scored since October. Not exactly a goal scoring legend just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

great thread title.

dreamer75, that's exactly what you are- a dreamer. you think zaki is on the same level or better than *deep breath*

drogba, anelka
    van persie, eduardo, adebayor, arshavin
    torres
    berbatov, rooney, tevez

you're talking sh*te mate

zaki's behaviour is totally unacceptable. shows a complete lack of respect to the club's manager, players and fans. as a result of his (continued) unprofrssionalism he may have jeopardised his chances of joining a top side. he may end up at that "top side" man city:rolleyes:

as for other players acting "the bollox", a few spring to mind off the top of my head

1. shearer and co. on their famous trip to dublin
    2. lampard, gudjohnson et al drunkenly abusing american tourists in the immediate aftermath of 9/11
    3. jonathan woodgate, lee bowyer- nuff said
    4. dwight yorke, mark bosnich- video camera
    5. low bowyer (again), kieran dyer- fisticuffs at st. james
    6. footballers generally acting the bollox at xmas parties- stand up jamie carragher, jonny evans etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I think zaki's dip in form is largely due to him not being accustomed to cold wet weather. I think he'll start scoing again now once it warms up and he settles down.
    And I am putting my [fantasy football] money where my mouth is on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cant have a Zaki thread without this miss;
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1981078/

And Kammy's reaction to it;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Quint wrote: »
    Discount peno's and Zaki has 6 premiership goals, and hasn't scored since October. Not exactly a goal scoring legend just yet

Penalties are goals too, they can be easily missed don't forget.

ah i nearly forgot a very recent example of players actiing the bollox

alan mcgregor and barry ferguson on scotland duty.

i assume people read about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

ah i nearly forgot a very recent example of players actiing the bollox

alan mcgregor and barry ferguson on scotland duty.

i assume people read about this?

Bit slow off the mark there :p:rolleyes:

Players acting the bollox - season thread

After viewing the thread I think that we should keep this as a regular and add to it and discuss each week when players "act the bollox" be it league, cup or Uefa ties.

So did anyone "act the bollox" today ?

Nothing out of the ordinary. I was disappointed with Dossena when he hardly got touched by Pantsil on the foot and went down clutching his shin. But that's about it.

Terry explaining to the referee how he should be reffing the game midway through the Newcastle game irked me a little.

haven't seen the rest of the games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wasn't Diouf actin the bollocks after the game against spurs? Though i guess that's not exactly out of the ordinary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nothing out of the ordinary. I was disappointed with Dossena when he hardly got touched by Pantsil on the foot and went down clutching his shin. But that's about it.

Ah here, that was a sore one that Dossesna got. He hardly got touched? A kick on the leg is gonna hurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

playa3 wrote: »
    Wasn't Diouf actin the bollocks after the game against spurs? Though i guess that's not exactly out of the ordinary...

All the way through it according to 5live. Diving, moaning, whinging at the officials, trying to celebrate in front of the Spurs fans. He is possibly the only person I activly hate in the world. He's just a deplorable human being with no redeeming features.

But, as you say, its par for the course for him.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah here, that was a sore one that Dossesna got. He hardly got touched? A kick on the leg is gonna hurt

im pretty sure he didn't get a 'kick' in the leg; touched in the foot maybe. but i'll watch the replay later and admit im wrong if i am. i hope he's not a faking t*t, i hate having them in my team.

Milan's Jankulovski And West Ham's Di Michele In Court For Betting Scandal
    Up to six players will have to answer to allegations of sporting fraud...

Milan defender Marek Jankulovski and West Ham striker Davide Di Michele will appear before an Italian court to answer allegations of illegal betting and money laundering, from when the two played at Udinese.

Giampiero Pinzi, who is on loan at Chievo from the Bianconeri, and former Udinese players Massimo Margiotta, Alessandro Pierini and Roberto Sosa have also been summoned to appear before judge Lorenzo Del Giudice on May 4.

According to a report in La Repubblica, all six men are alleged to have violated sports rules on money laundering and they are all accused of sporting fraud. The illegal bets seem to have taken place between 1998 and 2005 on matches in both Italy and wider Europe.

The accused are expected in a court in Udine next month to answer the allegations. It's not good news for Milan who will no doubt be distracted by Jankulovski's woes.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/04/1191259/milans-jankulovski-and-west-hams-di-michele-in-court-for-betting-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan are clean here is all I know, he was playing in Udinese back then.

Also, in Itlay it's illeagle for players to bet on football ANYWHERE so odd are that they were backing matches in spain/france/england and not on games they were themselves playing in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Oh sherrie!

boom baby.

players that act the bollocks eh? c.ronado. best player in the world. amazing talent. looks like an absolute C**T to play a game with tho. a guy lives down my road who is a moany a$$ f**ker. same deal. hes deadly to play with and ull generally win with him.. but my f**k, wat a winge. puts you right off any madonnas.

alonso, essien, carrick and xavi... those would be the most fun to play with. imagine running on to one of their passes. you wouldnt even know to shoot or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Read yesterday that Gerrards court case was adjourned until July 15th. Is that the usual procedure for cases like this?

I'm only asking... I am genuinely curious, before anyone gets all stupidly defensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Read yesterday that Gerrards court case was adjourned until July 15th. Is that the usual procedure for cases like this?

I'm only asking... I am genuinely curious, before anyone gets all stupidly defensive.
    yes

Watching MOTD2, Zaki still hasn't turned up back at Wigan. The bloke is a joker. Wigan should cut their losses, save money on paying his wages for the rest of the season and send him back to his Egyptian club.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Watching MOTD2, Zaki still hasn't turned up back at Wigan. The bloke is a joker. Wigan should cut their losses, save money on paying his wages for the rest of the season and send him back to his Egyptian club.

LoL

This chap is a headcase. I heard him say he hasnt scored any more goals because he has been injured yet he has been playing regularly !

redout wrote: »
    LoL

This chap is a headcase. I heard him say he hasnt scored any more goals because he has been injured yet he has been playing regularly !

The way some footballers act though is unbelievable!!!

You can see the absolute disappointment in Bruce's face in that interview. He has given Zaki his chance in one of the world's top leagues and he acts the bo!!ox.

It seems to be that if you did well at Anfield early on in the season, you're f*cked.
    Zaki, Boro (Utd, please God :pac:) etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It looked very much to me like Ronaldo was going to stay sulking on the ground having lost the ball in the run up to his second goal yesterday. To my mind you could clearly hear the crowd roaring at him to get the **** up once it became apparent that he was intent on staying on his arse moaning.

You could see that as soon as he recognized the roar he changed his mind and hopped up.

The fact that he went on to score a super goal makes it almost more frustrating. The man simply has it all - every last attribute you need to be an outragreously good player, I wish he could just go and fcuking do it without all the grandstanding.

two words:

antonio cassano

absolute looper, sounds like a total tosser

im too knackered to actually follow through with a list of all the stuff this guy has pulled right now but it's plentiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

keane2097 wrote: »
    It looked very much to me like Ronaldo was going to stay sulking on the ground having lost the ball in the run up to his second goal yesterday. To my mind you could clearly hear the crowd roaring at him to get the **** up once it became apparent that he was intent on staying on his arse moaning.

You could see that as soon as he recognized the roar he changed his mind and hopped up.

Actually, on the stream I watched,it was some American channel with John Champion commentating, and just before the goal he was saying "Ronaldo looks like he wants to stay down here".

Good call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Des wrote: »
    Actually, on the stream I watched,it was some American channel with John Champion commentating, and just before the goal he was saying "Ronaldo looks like he wants to stay down here".

Good call.

The funny thing is, my father and I were still giving out about him as he put the ball in the net and then the auld fella turns to me and says "The fúcker goes off and does that then". Obviously he couldn't use the :pac: in actual speech, but I imagine the sentiment was there... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Ashley Young. He was developed an exceptionally bad attitude recently. A player I now love to hate.

In the last 10 games he hasn't had a single goal or an assist, no end product generally either, he's been booked twice for mouthing off, sent off once for a disgraceful lunge, shapes around the pitch with a mopey face on him that would put Gerrard to shame. He also cost Aston Villa the game yesterday, Gary Neville began his run from beside Ashley Young, you'd think that in injury time at 2-2 every player would be closing down and chasing back, nope, not Ashley Young, when the ball didn't come in he looked discontented and strolled around looking over at the idiot who didn't play him, Ashley Young, in......while he was glaring over Neville set off down the pitch from behind him to set up the winner. He should me made play in the reserves for a couple of months, that would bring him back down to earth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement